SIGNED CB Boaz Joseph

Ed Helms

Yes a lot of people have said he is a project otherwise he might be a 4 star. I am thinking by the time he is a Junior he will start. We have some depth right now at CB so taking a guy with a little more talent but more of a project is a luxury that we have right now!!

• Fire 1

Definitely not the best highlight film I've ever seen, but let's see if we can get him here and Bo and TJ can coach up a very raw athletic talent.

I agree regarding the film... but admittedly, it is not easy to assess a DB on film --- at least not like assessing a RB, a QB, or a LB on film. He may be quite the player... and so, if he is excited about coming to NU and the coaches are convinced he is a good prospect, then by all means welcome Boaz. An aside... the Boaz of the Bible, as it were, was a great man... always liked that name --- we need more Boaz's in the world, so why not one at CB?

If his height and weight are correct, he has excellent size for a corner at 6'1" 190. If he has the speed to match, it would definitely be worth the gamble.

I've said all along that I do believe Boaz to be an elite athlete. With the room in the class, I would take him.

I would think after the outcry of the commitment of LeRoy Alexander last year. A kid that many fans scoffed at. Fast forward to this fall and the kid was talked about a ton and nearly was pulled out of his redshirt based on his practice performances and huge athletic upside

Like I like to say, getting athletes like this can never hurt your football team.

I would think after the outcry of the commitment of LeRoy Alexander last year. A kid that many fans scoffed at. Fast forward to this fall and the kid was talked about a ton and nearly was pulled out of his redshirt based on his practice performances and huge athletic upside

Like I like to say, getting athletes like this can never hurt your football team.

I concur.

What I really was trying to get to is a lot of people really shouldn't be questioning these so called "reaches", and "desperate" offers. I'll take Bo's eye for talent. Especially in regards to the secondary.

Guys... Who's questioning the offer?? In fact, THIS seems to be quite to the contrary...

Want

:lol:

Anyway, I trust Bo and Co to pick out their DB's as well. They've been great at evaluating talent there so far. Some misses, but most big hits there in recent years.

At the rate we're going, we're going to totally outclass most B1G teams athletes in a year or two, with the possible exceptions of OSU and Michigan. I like the guys they're acquiring a lot. We've got a packed backfield right now and it will be great to see how that shakes out next season.

Oh, and adding Willis would be terrific. :D