What "Statue" QB's have beaten Bo&NU?

Gilbert definitely fits the statue designation. As others have said, BY made him look like Vince young.

Sheffield from tech, was very mobile for the offense he was running. He was a twig, but the kid was tough. I remember sitting in the north stadium thinking the kid was killed everytime he was hit.

MSU QB Maxwell said last year Cousins said that NU has been/can be exposed by a QB who runs. Staff wants him to tuck and run more. His stats are bad regarding rushing from this article:

"I remember sitting with Kirk (Cousins) last year before the Nebraska game, he was talking to me about the film,'' Maxwell said. "He says, 'The one thing they do give up is quarterback runs.' They play a fair amount of man (-to-man) coverage. Anytime you do that, you'll have guys on the second level running with receivers or tight ends. That opens up some doors, eyeballs that aren't on you.

"This could be a week where this week in practice I can continue to put an emphasis on that. If the situation presents itself, maybe I can capitalize on it in the game.''

Maxwell has pedestrian rushing numbers on the season — 24 attempts, 36 yards gained, 93 yards lost (14 sacks) — but the game seems to have slowed down for him of late.

Full article here.

http://www.mlive.com...back_and_6.html

Doesn't seem like a "dual threat" QB, but some of those listed above didn't worry me until the loss.

If he wants to be a runner, plant him in the ground. Pocket passers do not like the physical contact that occurs when running designed plays. They are not "accustomed" to the pounding that occurs.

See also: Locker, Jake (Holiday Bowl edition)

Jake Locker that runs a 4.4 40-yard dash Jake Locker?

Jake Locker was predominately used as a pro-style pocket passer for his entire college career...until that bowl game. And a good 40 time doesn't necessarily make you a running QB

Zac Lee

Look at the pure, unharnessed speed displayed by Zac Lee multiple times throughout the game... Dude ran the ball like he had a cinderblock in his pants (which he probably did). Heard he was quite a lady killer in his day.

hahahahaha

man, was the zac lee option attack awful or what

Zac Lee actually ran a pretty good read on the ZR and it kept us in good down and distance situations. Staying on schedule is a big part of any efficient offense attack. That Arizona game was his showcase on the ZR...and the Kansas highlights presented here are actually the best ones where he flashed his speed. Took off a few times and really ran it.

That's what I mean though, Lee was a fast dude, but isn't considered a mobile QB in most cases. So I would say Bradford, Connor Shaw, etc...anyone who isn't a slot receiver, can probably be fairly appropriately counted as a pocket-passing QB, the kind Bo feasts upon.

That's what I mean though, Lee was a fast dude, but isn't considered a mobile QB in most cases. So I would say Bradford, Connor Shaw, etc...anyone who isn't a slot receiver, can probably be fairly appropriately counted as a pocket-passing QB, the kind Bo feasts upon.

Bradford yes, Connor Shaw, no. He's a legitimate dual-threat, his running ability was a big reason why he ended up taking over the starting position.

Jake Locker was predominately used as a pro-style pocket passer for his entire college career...until that bowl game. And a good 40 time doesn't necessarily make you a running QB

He had 11 rushes for 59 yards and a touchdown in our first meeting against them, including a 33 yarder and a touchdown. Seems he was used as a runner at least a little.

Bradford yes, Connor Shaw, no. He's a legitimate dual-threat, his running ability was a big reason why he ended up taking over the starting position.

He had 11 rushes for 59 yards and a touchdown in our first meeting against them, including a 33 yarder and a touchdown. Seems he was used as a runner at least a little.

Jake Locker amassed 1939 rushing yards in his career. Statue I tell you.

• Fire 1

The only ones that I would consider statues that have beaten us are Sam Bradford* and the TT QBs. We had to spy Chode Daniel when we played them in 07, so he can run the ball a bit, and Colt McCoy is nowhere near statue status.

Colt McCoy doesn't enter into the picture because he never beat Bo. :-|