*** Official Michigan State Game Discussion Thread ***

Tim Beck, dazzling the MSU defense with his patented "Short Bus" offense...

You only can do so much with barney's bitches playing the OL.

Easy man.

??????? What's wrong with the truth? The OL blows and is the real reason Taylor is forced to bad situations where he makes bad decisions......not to mention limits Becks play calling ability.

MSU allows less then 100 YPG on the ground. Where are we at the half? besides you should never attack the kids on this team for ant reason.

Yawn, go tell your kids what to do, but please don't tell me what to do.

The mod asked me to stop so I did, the conversation didn't involve you so drop it.

Second Quarter Impressions:

• The zone-read MUST be Nebraska's bread & butter run play as long as Taylor Martinez is our QB.
  • Congratulations to Taylor on becoming Nebraska's All-Time Leader in Career Total Yards. He has been scrutinized over his career, sometimes justified, other times not, however one thing cannot be understated...the young man never quits! Congratulations Taylor!
  • The biggest thing holding Nebraska back over the past 5 years is undisciplined play and stupid penalties. This has to be the #1 focus to fix this offseason.
  • You can clearly see that when our zone-read/power running game is working our offensive line loves it! It sets up the play-action passing game which they do a better job of blocking than they do at straight drop-back passing.
  • Defense is starting to settle into this game. That's a positive sign.

Things I would like to see in the 2nd half:

• Keep running the zone-read.
  • Start establishing a power running game with Imani Cross on short yardage situations.
  • With the receivers locked down on the outside, use the play-action passing game to get the TE's involved in the game down the middle of the field.
  • Finally, keep Martinez involved in the running game until Michigan State proves they can stop it.

• Fire 2

Overall playing ok game, I did not see last weeks game. But is seems we need to clean it up a bit, and go back to what was working on offense early in the game. I just hope we come out in the second half on fire and take care of this game. I would hate to lose control of maybe playing in BIG title game. My two cents.

• Fire 1