Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

3rd and short is actually a frequent throwing situation. It helps with the running. Not like an 80% throwing, but maybe a 20 or 30% kind of deal. Perhaps higher. Makes teams not be able to stack the box and enable you to run there with success.

This is why teams at all levels throw in short yardage -- not all the time, but a percentage.

3rd and short is actually a frequent throwing situation. It helps with the running. Not like an 80% throwing, but maybe a 20 or 30% kind of deal. Perhaps higher. Makes teams not be able to stack the box and enable you to run there with success.

This is why teams at all levels throw in short yardage -- not all the time, but a percentage.

But when it's 3rd and short, Beck throws it more than 30%, I'd be willing to bet

I'm not to the point where I want him gone, but I'm far from satisfied with his play calling. Bad play calls on 1st and 2nd down put us in tough situations on 3rd down. Which is why Taylor should get a lot of credit because he pulled our offense through the entire game. He made mistakes, but the result is what counts, and he led the entire offense to another good performance despite subpar offensive line play.

• Fire 1

But when it's 3rd and short, Beck throws it more than 30%, I'd be willing to bet

I guess it depends on your definition of short.

3rd & 1: 14 runs, 2 passes (15 runs if you count 4th &1)

3rd & 2: 8 runs, 4 passes

3rd & 3: 3 runs, 13 passes

I find this pretty reasonable.

I don't understand why it took him so long to realize that Michigan State's D is slower than molasses and any run play off tackle was virtually a guaranteed 6 yards and potentially a lot more.

HOWEVER, Thinking about callign for a new OC is insane. Beck is in his 2nd year and is in charge of the best offense in the conference. Does he have some wtf moments? yes. yes he does. but he's also shown numerous flashes of having the potential to be a great OC as he gains experiance and the progression is pretty evident.