Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

Walksalone....you make some good points. But seriosly, I hope your happy with the W man. 313 yards rushing against a solid defense at THEIR f'ing HOUSE!!! How awesome is that!? Seriously!?

Yeah....Beck does make some questionable play calls, but at the same time, he makes some amazing ones as well. It goes to show, if the offense executes..."WOW, what a great play call!" If the offense is stalled, "WOW, what a dumb play call!"

Being an offense coordinator, you can't win. Period. I'm just happy the team got the W and almost put up 500 yards of total offense....now that is pretty bad ass. Not gonna lie.

Let's all be happy and not put Beck on the chopping block as of right now lol. Alright. :wasted

Walksalone....you make some good points. But seriosly, I hope your happy with the W man. 313 yards rushing against a solid defense at THEIR f'ing HOUSE!!! How awesome is that!? Seriously!?

Yeah....Beck does make some questionable play calls, but at the same time, he makes some amazing ones as well. It goes to show, if the offense executes..."WOW, what a great play call!" If the offense is stalled, "WOW, what a dumb play call!"

Being an offense coordinator, you can't win. Period. I'm just happy the team got the W and almost put up 500 yards of total offense....now that is pretty bad ass. Not gonna lie.

Let's all be happy and not put Beck on the chopping block as of right now lol. Alright. :wasted

The only thing I have an issue on, about these "questionable" calls, if they were properly executed on offense, would they have been so questionable?

The only thing I have an issue on, about these "questionable" calls, if they were properly executed on offense, would they have been so questionable?

Exactly...it's the nature of the beast....

The idea of firing Beck is indeed pretty ridiculous. Anyway let's look at some of the things that Beck did well today.

1. Featured T-Mart in the zone-read as well as designed QB runs...remember in the past when everyone was griping that Beck was trying to turn a running QB into a pocket-passer? Huge day rushing against one of the best run-Ds in the conference.

2. Several rollout/run-pass option plays to get Taylor away from the pass rush

3. Attacking the corner of the end-zone on the final drive that drew the pass INT penalty on MSU. Yeah it was a bad call, but these refs were basically throwing the flag anytime any go-route was incomplete, so smart to take advantage: either Bell gets the go-ahead TD, or good chance MSU gets a penalty for PI

4. Continuing to run the ball with Abdullah in the 4th when were down by 10 pts with under 7 mins to go...remember games like UCLA when we would go into panic-mode and try to make Taylor turn into Peyton Manning?

The idea of firing Beck is indeed pretty ridiculous. Anyway let's look at some of the things that Beck did well today.

1. Featured T-Mart in the zone-read as well as designed QB runs...remember in the past when everyone was griping that Beck was trying to turn a running QB into a pocket-passer? Huge day rushing against one of the best run-Ds in the conference.

3. Attacking the corner of the end-zone on the final drive that drew the pass INT penalty on MSU. Yeah it was a bad call, but these refs were basically throwing the flag anytime any go-route was incomplete, so smart to take advantage: either Bell gets the go-ahead TD, or good chance MSU gets a penalty for PI

4. Continuing to run the ball with Abdullah in the 4th when were down by 10 pts with under 7 mins to go...remember games like UCLA when we would go into panic-mode and try to make Taylor turn into Peyton Manning?

Taylor had the most problems doing this. Made several bad passes out of that scheme.

• Fire 2

Taylor had the most problems doing this. Made several bad passes out of that scheme.

Yes! Thank you. I cringe every time Taylor brings the ball back and guns it on the run. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not even close...it terrifies me.

Let's recap:

28 points against a defense averaging 15

473 yards against a defense giving up 267

313 yards rushing against a defense giving up 91

Averaged 7.8 yards per rush against a defense giving up 3.0

Still ran the ball 40 times vs. throwing it 36 times despite not having a lead until :05 left in the game

Exactly what part of this production would anyone say is the fault of the OC?

FIRE TIM BECK

Well duh...obviously. :blink:

You guys are incredible. "It was a bad call, disregarding that either we get the go ahead touchdown or they get a penalty."

THEN IT ISN'T A BAD CALL.

You take one on one matchups between your best receiver in the end zone all day, every day, no matter which team you are.

You guys are incredible. "It was a bad call, disregarding that either we get the go ahead touchdown or they get a penalty."

THEN IT ISN'T A BAD CALL.

You take one on one matchups between your best receiver in the end zone all day, every day, no matter which team you are.

Umm..you're misunderstanding what I meant by "call". I meant it was a bad call by the ref, obviously I was complementing Beck on the playcall