Nebraska Opens Up 7 Point Favorite. Who ya got?

Who ya got?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spot on ... atleast 7 turnovers by Huskers.

I've noticed your posts are getting more negative and more negative...................posts like these are created to get a rise out of people in the MOD's and Admin's opinion. While we appreciate everyone's opinions your posts are becoming more negative and more negative. This thread had nothing to do with turnovers so you aren't staying on topic. This post is pretty close to being troll worthy.......................suggest it stops now. Now continuing with the discussing about NU being a 7-point favorite and who folks think will win.

I voted PSU with the points. I think we win, but the way we have been winning, have to take the points. Hope we blow them out, but like everyone else, I just want a win.

As far as all the pass int calls. Weren't we told that the B1G called the game much tighter, and didn't Bo hire [can't remember his name] an asst coach from Ill or one of the B1G schools, who was to coach/ help get the players ready for that, a couple of years ago. Pretty sure that was the case.

GBR!!!

I think this week we limit the penalties a bit. It'll be the type of game that we lead all the way, but never feel like it's totally in the bag. I see a 35-24ish type of deal. Our offense wont score at will, but points will be put up. I think we'll get a turnover or 2 that we'll take advantage of this week to allow us to build a multi-possession lead and then just kinda set the cruise so to speak. I'm confident about this one. If we were going to let down, it woulda been saturday. We escaped. I think this team feels it now, with 3 games to go, and the absolute toughest challenges behind them. I think they also know better by now that they cant win just by showing up. i think we see better play to close out the regular season.

I've noticed your posts are getting more negative and more negative...................posts like these are created to get a rise out of people in the MOD's and Admin's opinion. While we appreciate everyone's opinions your posts are becoming more negative and more negative. This thread had nothing to do with turnovers so you aren't staying on topic. This post is pretty close to being troll worthy.......................suggest it stops now. Now continuing with the discussing about NU being a 7-point favorite and who folks think will win.

negativity - humor - take your pick. if you can't laugh at this team every once in a while...being a Husker fan is pretty rough right now.

I'm going with somewhere in the 17 -24 pt victory! We gotta be more impressive at home. Only 2 gameday recruiting weekends left. Time of the year where we should be tightening up the mistakes. No excuses to not be doing the right things on the field. Taylor needs to continue using his legs and put pressure on defenses. Press the line of scrimmage with his legs and open some passing lanes by getting the LBs and safeties flat footed. The rest of the teams we play have to gameplan for what Taylor did to Mich St.

Penn State's second-best defensive player is likely out or, at best, gimpy, and they have little depth beyond their two-deep.

Pound the rock, pass to keep them honest, and let our secondary win this game. Sure, we'll make our share of bone-headed mistakes, but I think we can win by seven...but probably not much more than that, with our propensity for shooting ourselves in the foot.

MSU was supposed to be the worst offense in the Big and they put up 24. It really put a kink in my renewed hope after the Michigan game. I still think we win but I wouldn't bet a dime on this team either way.

The thing is their QB was only 9-27 with 123 yards, the real let down was allowing 188 yards to Bell but, he's done that to other teams too. The sketchy penalties made the defense look worse than it actually was.

Look at how they scored their TDs. The first TD was setup because of two Pass Interference calls on the defense. The 2nd TD come off bad execution by Baptiste and Mitchell covering Lippet. The 3rd TD was because of a bad late hit call on Maxwell, because Stafford got pushed into him.

Take away the mistakes and the bad penalties, MSU shouldn't have had over 10 points in that game.

Oh if only I had a dollar for everytime I've either read this or heard this about Nebraska. After watching KState this weekend, I've come to the conclusion that KState and Nebraska are polar opposites. From a talent standpoint, both teams seem to be about the same. From the standpoint of penalties, turnovers, mistakes; the two teams are about as opposite as possible. We gashed what was supposed to be the best defense in the B1G. Yet, we kept MSU in the game with our errors. I watched ARod for four consecutive plays. In those four plays, he had two false starts and two blown assignments where on one of them his guy about took off Martinez's head. Who says you can't be one of the most penalized teams and have one of the worst turnover margins and still win games?

• Fire 1

negativity - humor - take your pick. if you can't laugh at this team every once in a while...being a Husker fan is pretty rough right now.

Sad, I seem to recall SheepDog as being one of the biggest sunshine pumpers. Get that man some :koolaid2: We can get him back.

I don't make score predictions but I expect us to come out and take care of business. This will be the year we do not have the unexpected home loss! Given our history with PSU this is a game we should be up for. GBR!!!

I'm going with somewhere in the 17 -24 pt victory!

So we learned nothing from the UCLA, Northwestern, and Michigan State games, eh? :)

I can appreciate enthusiasm, so long as it's tempered with a healthy dose of reality. This team is too mistake prone to blow out anyone, save for themselves (see tOSU), but is more than capable of beating Penn State.

I feel the same as the OP.

My mind tells me that we'll continue to turn the ball over, but my heart tells me we are long overdue for a complete, team effort.

#1 in the nation in pass efficiency defense.

It's a good match up that we should win by double digits.

Will we? Who the hell knows?