Week 10 ESPN Bowl Projections...

For us to play UCLA they need two wins and they clinch it: USC and Oregon. Not a chance they win both.

Oregon State is #11 and has to go to Stanford, and will get crushed by Oregon. So I'm doubting they finish top 14 unless they pull it out at Stanford.

Stanford is #14 and still has to play Oregon State, then at Oregon and UCLA. Again, not too confident they can stay in the top 14 unless they can take 2 out of 3.

I'm not sure we play any of the three. If we get a Pac 12 team it will be a USC team who upset Oregon for the title, a one loss Oregon team, or the winner of next week's Stanford-Oregon State game.

My prediction: The Rose Bowl doesn't have a Pac 12 team to pick, and goes with Notre Dame or Oklahoma.

I'm guessing that Oregon State is favorable for the Rose Bowl because it's easy for their fans to travel there, which means more $$$.

Whatever happens, I'll just be happy if Nebraska makes it to the Rose Bowl. Say what you want about it being a down year for the conference, it's a lot better than having a golden opportunity to represent the B1G in a BCS bowl game and pissing it down our legs.

Moot point if Nebraska is involved

What if Ksu were to lose to Texas, they would be ahead of OU and would likely get picked for a BCS bowl before them. That could possibly put in the rose if the commitee chose too instead of OU.

If the senerio happened, the big12 could have a 3 way tie and EVERYONE knows who would get shafted out off a BCS if that happened.

I'm guessing that Oregon State is favorable for the Rose Bowl because it's easy for their fans to travel there, which means more $$$.

Whatever happens, I'll just be happy if Nebraska makes it to the Rose Bowl. Say what you want about it being a down year for the conference, it's a lot better than having a golden opportunity to represent the B1G in a BCS bowl game and pissing it down our legs.

haha golden opportunity shower

I am a little disappointed if we end up playing Oregon State- but I would love to be in the Rose Bowl regardless.

I talked to some Beaver fans today and they're disappointed as well. They want the real Big 10 champ: Ohio State. Their rational was why play a "champ" who backed into the title while another team was clearly better. Throw in a higher ranking and a win at UCLA the week after we lost there.

Okay, none of that happened. But the facts speak for themselves. Some of our fans are getting a little too cocky about being in a BCS game. We only have that opportunity because Ohio State can't go. Some are throwing the "Top 14" thing around as if we're rated there ourselves. We're not. Oregon State is having played the fifth toughest schedule nationally while beating both UCLA and Wisconsin.

You guys remember UCLA right? Most yards given up ever ring a bell? OSU beat 'em.

The Beavers are 4-0 against the Top 30 while we're 1-2. The Beavers deserve a lot more respect than some fans are giving them. After all, they're more deserving of the Rose Bowl berth than we are.

I am a little disappointed if we end up playing Oregon State- but I would love to be in the Rose Bowl regardless.

I talked to some Beaver fans today and they're disappointed as well. They want the real Big 10 champ: Ohio State. Their rational was why play a "champ" who backed into the title while another team was clearly better. Throw in a higher ranking and a win at UCLA the week after we lost there.

Okay, none of that happened. But the facts speak for themselves. Some of our fans are getting a little too cocky about being in a BCS game. We only have that opportunity because Ohio State can't go. Some are throwing the "Top 14" thing around as if we're rated there ourselves. We're not. Oregon State is having played the fifth toughest schedule nationally while beating both UCLA and Wisconsin.

You guys remember UCLA right? Most yards given up ever ring a bell? OSU beat 'em.

The Beavers are 4-0 against the Top 30 while we're 1-2. The Beavers deserve a lot more respect than some fans are giving them. After all, they're more deserving of the Rose Bowl berth than we are.

More deserving? Wouldn't the Beavers be backing in to the Rose Bowl as you stated? The "real" team, Oregon, will more than likely be playing for the MNC. NU is not backing into the Rose Bowl. tOSU broke rules, and now they have to live with that. It is what it is.

Nebraska would beat Oregon State pretty handedly I think.

I'd like to see a National Championship game with either K-State or Oregon facing Alabama.

I dunno. Mike Riley seems to get the most out his players. They had a couple of wins over Southern Cal in the height of the Carrol years. The Other Oregon is real college team, not Dennis Erickson's mercenaries from 2000.

Moot point if Nebraska is involved

I'm not sure what the Rose Bowl's capacity is, but they still have to fill the seats we won't be occupying.

People like to complain about OSU being Ineligible. Don't. They did break rules and deserve to pay for it. And no I don't care at all how bad that irks Urban "Jesus Christ" Meyer.

That, AND everyone acts like a 2nd bout with OSU would be an automatic loss. I don't know about that. I'd like our shot against them if they could get to Indy. D is MUCH stouter and more seasoned now than before, and I think our O could gash them, if we kept turnovers down.

People like to complain about OSU being Ineligible. Don't. They did break rules and deserve to pay for it. And no I don't care at all how bad that irks Urban "Jesus Christ" Meyer.

That, AND everyone acts like a 2nd bout with OSU would be an automatic loss. I don't know about that. I'd like our shot against them if they could get to Indy. D is MUCH stouter and more seasoned now than before, and I think our O could gash them, if we kept turnovers down.

Who's complaining?

And I like how Nebraska has made improvements since the game but OSU has not