SIGNED DT Maliek Collins

What were his stats, did he just not make a lot of plays? Did he get owned in a couple of games? Cause he looks as good on film as any of our players, and I can't understand why he is rated higher!?#% He has a lot of the attributes of all the highly touted DT's. We might have found ourselves a diamond in the rough.

102 total tackles, 43 TFL, 15 sacks, 5 FF, 3 FR. His total tackles are linebacker numbers. The sacks is a DE type of number.

He was considered a sleeper surprise at the Missouri camp over last summer. They said out of all of the attendees at the camps he was one of the most impressive.

What were his stats, did he just not make a lot of plays? Did he get owned in a couple of games? Cause he looks as good on film as any of our players, and I can't understand why he is rated higher!?#% He has a lot of the attributes of all the highly touted DT's. We might have found ourselves a diamond in the rough.

102 total tackles, 43 TFL, 15 sacks, 5 FF, 3 FR. His total tackles are linebacker numbers. The sacks is a DE type of number.

He was considered a sleeper surprise at the Missouri camp over last summer. They said out of all of the attendees at the camps he was one of the most impressive.

The more I see and read about him the more I like him.

New article by BC in the LJS.

Collins said he knows there are plenty of things to work on in regard to his game — defeating cutback blocks, footwork, “technique things." But he’s eager to improve.

“I’m going to work hard at it. I've got to work hard at it, because now I’ve made a commitment to the team,” he said. “To me, that means I’m going to do my best for the team. No matter what my situation is, I feel like I have to lay it all on the line for the team just like I did in high school.”

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/recruiting/2013-football-recruits/huskers-snag-second-dt-of-the-weekend/article_2a9b891d-4cb3-57c8-a938-3062e2c2b957.html

Man that is music to my ears. Article also mentions his mother crying when he committed. It is good having Mom on our side for a change. I love this kid. GBR!

Along with Florida, I'm excited to see us pull kids from Missouri again. That's a state we should dominate every year, there is no excuse for kids that live on 2-3 hours away can't come here. I know Mizzou is in the SEC now, but they are still a low level program compared to us.

Agreed aspeedlin. In addition, our Huskers seem to recruit the Kansas City market the best. I think we should do a better job of recruiting the St. Louis market. Mizzou trumps us there and if you follow recruiting from that area you will Illinois and Notre Dame snag players from that market. With it's distance from us and those two schools in play, along with Mizzou ... I think we would bode well in a head to head in a lot of cases.