Stafford Bo Exchange

mwj98

I'm guessing that every single one of you that thinks that this is a bad situation did NOT listen to one word of Bo's post game sitdown with Greg Sharpe. Bo admitted to trying to signal in different thing when Penn St was going up tempo (really fast, because they were NOT changing personnel) and also admitted to putting our defenders in positions with a couple of calls that they were obviously not comfortable with.

You have to be able to have communication lines open between players and coaches, so that coaches can receive the proper feedback on what's going on and what the players feel is the most comfortable look. If you think football is just a "we're gonna run this play whether you like it or not and we coaches dont care what you think" kind of game, then please, give up your tickets because you dont have the fraction of the knowledge required to watch the game, much less complain about things like this.

As far as the yelling, it was was critical and frustrating point in the game. I can let it pass. Obviously Stafford continuing to play is a reflection of the relationship Bo has developed with the players. It goes back to the accountablility and leadership the team developed in the offseason. Bo took the blame, fault, or whatever you wanna call it after the game. Hell, I see this as a good thing.

And lastly, for God's sake, we came back and won the frickin game anyway. Until a game like spins out of control and we lost by 30, quit trying to spin crap like this into favoring the agenda of getting rid of Bo because he's not always playing nicey nice.

• Fire 1

So you know for a fact he was dropping F bomb back and forth in his face then? Because I honestly can't tell what he said, it looks like the first exchange was "that's your fault man", and then I can't make anything out.

Bo is pretty relaxed if someone is dropping F bombs at him and JP doesn't seem to alarmed either. How about the fact that we don't even see the entire exchange, Stafford looks like he cooled down and is going to have a talk with Pelini and then it cuts away. This is just like "the Bo Pelini was volcanic!" comment during the bowl game, but we never saw it.

Players and coaches get hot during a game it happens, during the Osborne years guys would fight all the time with teammates in practice but nobody is bitching about that.

I have a hearing disability and I am a true expert in lip reading. Every other word was the F bomb. But both Bo and Staffred(sp?) claimed down and if u notice Bo stayed over at the bench and talk to both Compton and Stafferd

All I know is this. IF the select few, as in 3, of you in this thread with the obvious agenda against Bo Pelini regardless of reason over and over again were in charge, we would go through so much coaching turnover that we'd never be able to right the ship. Team with problems between coaches and players do not find ways to win game time and time again when being in the situations we've been in. Bo admitted post game he was wrong. Stafford made some man plays in the second half. Whatever. You guys are 70 year old grumps off your rocker, still upset because Tom Osborne left us to go to DC and run for governor. You wont ever be happy until TO is back on the sideline and we're winnin 56-7 every week. New for you-that will be YOUR downfall.

this crap gets old week in. week out. get over it. get over yourselves. you can speculate all you want about "if we lose those three games we're talking buyout" bla bla bla. Fact is we WON those games, and now we're talkin conference championship and possible BCS bowl. This is the flip flop life of many college football programs today.

Personally, what I think it is, is that youre so upset at the fact that it's becoming obvious that your preconceived opinions of Pelini were wrong, that now youre nitpicking EVERY SINGLE INCIDENT that most see as not a big deal in an effort to spin your agenda into a "I was right all along" deal.

the-man-behind-the-curtain-01.jpg

Soon...

I know some folks posted the blow Brady had with O'Brien....but that's the NFL. Completely different arena......

As for Stafford blowing up.....the only thing I had a concern with was him pointing his finger. When I sad it looked bad, folks took it as me complaining, whinning, bitching about Bo etc. Simply put, if I was at a bar watching this game with my buddies and turned to them and said,"Man, that looked bad" and moved on, that was the context of the OP.

I have watched alot of football in my lifetime and played for quite a few years.....never have a seen a player, on the collegiate level, square off on his coach. In the Pro's, it happens daily.

As for my comment earlier about scouts thinking about that incident. Trust me, this will come up in conversation down the road. I've been around enough NFL scouts to know this. They will ask for clarification. Trust me on this one.

GBR!

I know some folks posted the blow Brady had with O'Brien....but that's the NFL. Completely different arena......

As for Stafford blowing up.....the only thing I had a concern with was him pointing his finger. When I sad it looked bad, folks took it as me complaining, whinning, bitching about Bo etc. Simply put, if I was at a bar watching this game with my buddies and turned to them and said,"Man, that looked bad" and moved on, that was the context of the OP.

I have watched alot of football in my lifetime and played for quite a few years.....never have a seen a player, on the collegiate level, square off on his coach. In the Pro's, it happens daily.

As for my comment earlier about scouts thinking about that incident. Trust me, this will come up in conversation down the road. I've been around enough NFL scouts to know this. They will ask for clarification. Trust me on this one.

GBR!

I understand you think it looks bad, and therefor relating it to recruiting. But lets be honest here. If a recruit wants to base his decision off of a few second-long snippets of Bo and a player getting after it on a sideline, then we dont want that brat to begin with.

It is on National TV, the scouts have seen, will see it and it will be discussed. How much it hurts or even helps Stafford, none of us know. The only concern is the disrespect that Stafford showed Bo. Not good on the field, but I think it has been blown out proportion. Football is a violent, tough game. Did not like seeing the video, nor did I like seeing it on ESPN. But with Bo as our coach we are going to see these things, where at other places, the coach is not the main source of sideline activities. He has a history, and no matter how good he gets they will always follow him. His cross to carry, and he knows that to.

Not really a big deal, and I think Bo realized he might have been wrong. If what was said is true, he showed an amazing amount of control.

I just hope our luck continues.

Honestly, I don't think there's that many scouts talking about Damion Stafford in the first place. If he keeps playing like he did in the second half, then he might get some attention.

The irony being he played much better in that second half than he ever has before. Which happened after the little tiff between him and Bo. Maybe it was necessary for him to finally pull his head out of his ass.

• Fire 3

Honestly, I don't think there's that many scouts talking about Damion Stafford in the first place. If he keeps playing like he did in the second half, then he might get some attention.

The irony being he played much better in that second half than he ever has before. Which happened after the little tiff between him and Bo. Maybe it was necessary for him to finally pull his head out of his ass.

...and we have a winner.

The current players seem to like Bo and the do not appear to be bothered by his intensity on the sideline. However, attention that his outbursts get during the game may have consequences in recruiting.

I am surprised that an offensive tackle from Oregon has an opinion about Coach Pelini at all. However, as I listened to the "Nebraska-Penn State Preview with Oregon OL Carson York" audio that is posted in the "Interesting Commentary on our OL and DL" thread I got to the 4:00 mark where York responds to a question about preconceived notions of Nebraska: "preconceived notion is a very, very angry coach which held true...". He seemed to have the angry coach opinion ahead of watching the Michigan State game and then his viewing of the game led him to the "held true" comment. The exchange during the Penn State game with Stafford will likely add to the legend.

+

Clearly Bo has lost this team, and you don't need any more evidence than the fact that this team is trying to kill him by inducing a coronary with all of these come-from-behind, double-digit deficit wins.

:sarcasm(just in case it's necessary)

Clearly. I'm so sick of these wins, the full stadiums of loyal fans, the likely post season opportunities, and the credibility NU has clearly gained through gritty play in the B1G.

I'm sick of them because, deep down, I know there are cracks. It's so obvious that everything is built on a house of cards. I spend every day waiting for the inevitable, even during breakfast I wonder when IT will happen.