Stafford Bo Exchange

mwj98

Taylor doesn't take pokes to the chest very well.

Osborne coached his players just as much but didn't have to drop f-bombs and insult his players in order to get his point across.

Bo Pelini isn't Tom Osborne. It's silly to expect him to be something he's not.

And where are you getting this idea Pelini insults his players? Examples?

I find the whole exchange reassuring. That a senior safety has the comfort to throw back defensive/schmatic concepts to his HC in plain terms indicates to me a level of trust and culture that will permit players to take ownership. I am a finger pointer - I do it unconsciously. The same with swearing. I think little of the finger or the swearing even though it looked bad on TV. Everyone is accountable, including the head coach. I think the whole thing is encouraging.

• Fire 1

Devaney would cuss a blue streak at his players and they loved him to death.

Devaney also charmed the press in a way Tom Osborne never could.

Pelini has always struck me as a bit of a prick.

You can see him trying, but deep down.....he's a bit of a prick.

Your mileage may vary.

But if the players are willing to run through a wall for this prick, all is forgiven.

"The only thing you can criticize Daimion Stafford for was wanting to win so bad," Pelini said. "He was upset. He should be upset. We gave up a touchdown."

"I think at this point Bo is a victim of his reputation and is unfairly singled out by the news media," Perlman wrote. "He has noticeably controlled his sideline behavior this year. Unless there is evidence that he is losing his team's respect, which I do not see, I think within reason you have to accept him for who he is."

Pelini said what happens on the Nebraska sideline is no different than on any other in college football.

"People are going to try to focus on the negatives of my personality and whatever else," he said. "I believe in who I am and I'm not changing. I couldn't change if I tried. I'm a passionate guy, I love what I do, I love my players. We have a great relationship."

http://journalstar.c...19bb2963f4.html

Everyone, move on, nothing to see here.

I find the whole exchange reassuring. That a senior safety has the comfort to throw back defensive/schmatic concepts to his HC in plain terms indicates to me a level of trust and culture that will permit players to take ownership. I am a finger pointer - I do it unconsciously. The same with swearing. I think little of the finger or the swearing even though it looked bad on TV. Everyone is accountable, including the head coach. I think the whole thing is encouraging.

Great first post.

On a side note, I can't wait to see what TWOS does with this.

Stafford had the guts to tell his coach he was wrong and something needed to be changed. Notice how much more smooth the game went from that point on? I have a feeling Stafford made a good point, in a fairly unforgiving tone - but like Bo said, he just wanted to win.

And for the derpitude in this thread:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-its-impossible.png

Edited by OregonHuskerMan

It "made SI" in the same way that other AP articles "make SI." They're just picking stuff off the AP wire and stuffing it into their website.

This article wasn't written by Sports Illustrated - it was written by Eric Olson, our local AP writer, and if you've read any of his stuff over the last five years you know he's not exactly a fan of Nebraska, and definitely not Bo Pelini.

It "made SI" in the same way that other AP articles "make SI." They're just picking stuff off the AP wire and stuffing it into their website.

This article wasn't written by Sports Illustrated - it was written by Eric Olson, our local AP writer, and if you've read any of his stuff over the last five years you know he's not exactly a fan of Nebraska, and definitely not Bo Pelini.

Well, I didn't think it was a big deal, but stuff like this making a national website isn't a good thing. I agree with what Perlman said in the article (ironic since he kind of fueled this crap to begin with by making an example of Pelini)

Well, I didn't think it was a big deal, but stuff like this making a national website isn't a good thing. I agree with what Perlman said in the article (ironic since he kind of fueled this crap to begin with by making an example of Pelini)

Yeah, I thought it was good for Perlman to publicly support Bo. That fence was mended as much as it's ever going to be mended long ago, but even still, public support is a nice thing. Kinda like Bo saying that Stafford was passionate about the game, not throwing him under the bus or dismissing his passion for the team, while supporting him during this terrible scandal we have brewing here. :D