Nice blatantly biased scewer of Pelini by ESPN

hskrpwr13

He keeps drawing negative attention to the University, he won't be here long. No matter wins or losses.

I think yesterday was a little unfair no question, but it was on National TV for all to see. They are not as forgiving as we are. It will have an affect, not so much by baby boy, but mommy, and mommy normally has a large say in where kids go.

This is not a small little story. This is something that has to be corrected. I think Bo works on it continously, but the media still looks for anything that might trigger him. Sensationalism for sure, but that sells papers/keeps viewers in their seats.

I hope he makes it. I think if he leaves it will be because of this type of stuff, more than wins and losses.

He keeps drawing negative attention to the University, he won't be here long. No matter wins or losses.

I think yesterday was a little unfair no question, but it was on National TV for all to see. They are not as forgiving as we are. It will have an affect, not so much by baby boy, but mommy, and mommy normally has a large say in where kids go.

This is not a small little story. This is something that has to be corrected. I think Bo works on it continously, but the media still looks for anything that might trigger him. Sensationalism for sure, but that sells papers/keeps viewers in their seats.

I hope he makes it. I think if he leaves it will be because of this type of stuff, more than wins and losses.

I think people are way too sensitive to this type of thing. On top of that, Bo gets a target painted on him by the media, when guys like Brian Kelly, Nick Saban, Tommy Tubberville, etc. can continue to get away with doing the exact same thing. Sometimes worse than what Bo does (Tubberville). I don't get it and I never will. Football is a physical, emotional, fiesty sport. If you can't handle that, then don't play.

And now it is a nationally televised sport, with everyone having the opportunity to see it. Many of those people support the University with checks. Some by endorsing what is going on, either positive or negative by sending their kids to play there. Things have changed for this sport, for the good or the bad.

Bo maybe a hero in Nebraska, but nationally he is not a favorite, and in the long run that hurts Nebraska I think.

I really do think he is working on the problem, very hard. You can see him boiling at times, but keeps his mouth shut. It gives me hope, as in honesty had little hope or faith in him from the start. The Snyder thing was my first glimpse of him in action. He has grown up a lot since then.

Anyway, rant time. Here we go.

I am an "ESPN hates Nebraska" conspirist. I guess the proper term would be "National Media" rather than ESPN. I have felt this way ever since they (national media) drug Osborne threw the mud during the Lawrence Phillips fiasco in '95.

Here's my nutjob explanation of this position.

It is pure jealousy. Nothing more than pure, unequaled envy. Here's Nebraska. Rolling of 9,10, 11+ win seasons. Year after year. Conference Championships. National Championships. And has alway done it the right way. Never on probation. Never sanctions. I guarantee you our program was probed harder than any other in history during and after the 90's run. And obviously they came up with nothing. No one ever reported it, because just like when celebrities are acquitted of charges, it's barely reported. God forbid we axe previous perceptions. We do it right. Even after school, our players are doing good on a lot higher percentage. Think of all the great programs and they trouble theyve encountered. Not all. But alot. We've never had that issues, and in the mean competed with and even beat the crap out of the superstar, spoiled brat, overrated recruiting classes with the hard working, blue collar workhorse.

Now the thing. These see the writing on the wall. They've seen what our guys have done over the last few weeks. They know the potential. They see Nebraska coming coming back. And now they have to find a way to knock it down somehow. ALL THE FRICKIN bullsh#t GOING ON IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL TODAY, AND THEY HAVE TO CONTINUE TO STAB ONE OF, IF NOT THE FINEST, PROGRAM IN THE GAME, THAT ALWAYS DOES IT RIGHT.

I know we shouldnt watch. Honestly, I did not see it, but can make pretty accurate assumptions based on factual track records of these a$$hole$. Desmond Howard obviously the worse. And then for us as a University to have the balls to allow them to do a little segment for the Osborne halftime tribute sickened me. I know we shouldnt worry about it, but as one who cant stand how perception is used in this world, I clearly understand this constant (yes, it is constant at this point) and pre-meditated slandering can really harm our program in the long run. We may not care about ESPN, but many to most do. It's all there is.

The University of Nebraska needs to take a very active stance on this crap. No other program receives this kind bias treatment. No commentators game to game are not an issue, but it's the constant tone against Nebraska that is bs due to pure envy. I guess maybe we're just too damn nice. Maybe if Gameday comes to Lincoln next year, (UCLA?, early spec.) we should treat'em like sh#t, boo the whole time, and litter the set with beer bottles and lettuce, then maybe we'll get the love to that of the SEC.

Rant done. I know I'm nuts, but I know I'm not alone.

Jealousy IMO doesn't play a role in it. The sinple truth is that Nebraska football doesn't make sense to people on the right and left coast. They don't understand how a school from a small midwestern state with a small population and limited amouts of instate d-1 athletes can be one of the top 5 winningest programs in the nation all time. It doesn't compute. They don't have to say anything good about NU because on the national stage it doesn't get any ratings points. Negative things do get points.

It really is about TV sets and ratings.

ESPN is obviously an frontrunning network. That means for them to hype up a team, they need to be in the MNC race or have a contract with them to show thier games (SEC). And NU has been irrevelant on the MNC picture since CU took us behind the woodshed in 2001. If NU starts to become relevant in the national title picture, they will change thier tune again.

Relevant? Like the mid 90's when we were at the top and they were trying to find reason after reason to drag Tom and the program through the mud? Us winning is what triggers all this crap. If we were 6-5 right now, not one word would've been spoken of Pelini.

Anyway, rant time. Here we go.

I am an "ESPN hates Nebraska" conspirist. I guess the proper term would be "National Media" rather than ESPN. I have felt this way ever since they (national media) drug Osborne threw the mud during the Lawrence Phillips fiasco in '95.

Here's my nutjob explanation of this position.

It is pure jealousy. Nothing more than pure, unequaled envy. Here's Nebraska. Rolling of 9,10, 11+ win seasons. Year after year. Conference Championships. National Championships. And has alway done it the right way. Never on probation. Never sanctions. I guarantee you our program was probed harder than any other in history during and after the 90's run. And obviously they came up with nothing. No one ever reported it, because just like when celebrities are acquitted of charges, it's barely reported. God forbid we axe previous perceptions. We do it right. Even after school, our players are doing good on a lot higher percentage. Think of all the great programs and they trouble theyve encountered. Not all. But alot. We've never had that issues, and in the mean competed with and even beat the crap out of the superstar, spoiled brat, overrated recruiting classes with the hard working, blue collar workhorse.

Now the thing. These see the writing on the wall. They've seen what our guys have done over the last few weeks. They know the potential. They see Nebraska coming coming back. And now they have to find a way to knock it down somehow. ALL THE FRICKIN bullsh#t GOING ON IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL TODAY, AND THEY HAVE TO CONTINUE TO STAB ONE OF, IF NOT THE FINEST, PROGRAM IN THE GAME, THAT ALWAYS DOES IT RIGHT.

I know we shouldnt watch. Honestly, I did not see it, but can make pretty accurate assumptions based on factual track records of these a$$hole$. Desmond Howard obviously the worse. And then for us as a University to have the balls to allow them to do a little segment for the Osborne halftime tribute sickened me. I know we shouldnt worry about it, but as one who cant stand how perception is used in this world, I clearly understand this constant (yes, it is constant at this point) and pre-meditated slandering can really harm our program in the long run. We may not care about ESPN, but many to most do. It's all there is.

The University of Nebraska needs to take a very active stance on this crap. No other program receives this kind bias treatment. No commentators game to game are not an issue, but it's the constant tone against Nebraska that is bs due to pure envy. I guess maybe we're just too damn nice. Maybe if Gameday comes to Lincoln next year, (UCLA?, early spec.) we should treat'em like sh#t, boo the whole time, and litter the set with beer bottles and lettuce, then maybe we'll get the love to that of the SEC.

Rant done. I know I'm nuts, but I know I'm not alone.

Jealousy IMO doesn't play a role in it. The sinple truth is that Nebraska football doesn't make sense to people on the right and left coast. They don't understand how a school from a small midwestern state with a small population and limited amouts of instate d-1 athletes can be one of the top 5 winningest programs in the nation all time. It doesn't compute. They don't have to say anything good about NU because on the national stage it doesn't get any ratings points. Negative things do get points.

It really is about TV sets and ratings.

Sounds a lot like envy and jealousy to me. They are jealous that we've found a way to do it all these years, the right way, with no advantages. Just my opinion of course, and I understand it is pretty radical.

And now it is a nationally televised sport, with everyone having the opportunity to see it. Many of those people support the University with checks. Some by endorsing what is going on, either positive or negative by sending their kids to play there. Things have changed for this sport, for the good or the bad.

Bo maybe a hero in Nebraska, but nationally he is not a favorite, and in the long run that hurts Nebraska I think.

I really do think he is working on the problem, very hard. You can see him boiling at times, but keeps his mouth shut. It gives me hope, as in honesty had little hope or faith in him from the start. The Snyder thing was my first glimpse of him in action. He has grown up a lot since then.

You really need to knock this crap off. Your agenda was conceivable 6 weeks ago. Now, it's complete and utter garbage. You've mellowed quite a bit on the anti-Bo fire, but now with this you've taken it another mile. You live in California. You are entitled to your opinions, but they are no more educated than the opinions that were reported in the discussed segment. Defend if you will, but that is close to fact. You have something personal against Pelini for some sort of reason, and it's getting old. No, I dont give a sh#t what your wife knows about anger.

• Fire 4

I've been wanted to fight Desmond Howard for a long time.

College Gameday this morning was a f'ing joke. Come down to Lincoln next year guys.

We have to give them a reason to first. But with our easy schedule, a win vs UCLA and with our first four games in the B1G being against Illinos, Purdue, Minny and NW, we may just do that next year.

UCLA finishes strong and that could be a game of top tens. It could be then I was thinking. What would be more funny though? The U turning them down, or just treating Howard like complete crap.

Refresh me, but it seems I have seen almost every game this year except Mn on tv. That is odd because I don't have BTN. Why is it, with all the Nebraska hate, the networks and Espn have broadcast Nebraska nearly every week? Desmond Howard was out of line, but to consistantly insinuate that there is a national conspiracy theory against NU seems like an adolescent attempt for attention.

Maybe you should try reading my posts. Go back and find one where I wanted him fired. You will find them where I did not want him hired, and still would not to this day.

Telling everyone that your ideas thoughts are the only ones that make sense.

You can go to every program out there and they think ESPN is against them. But you live in this sheltered Nebraska world you have no real clue as to what is fiction and what is truth.

No one said my thoughts were more educated than anyones, I stated I have talked to people away from the center of Nebraska football that do not like the way Bo conducts himself. ESPN has made comments on it and it will grow because of that is my guess.

And I could not give a rats bottom what you think or say, it is normally garbage in out garbage out. You can insert the S word if you want, it is closer to describing your comments.

I have said Bo is playing with fire with his actions. Many do not like them.

Youre always ragging on Bo for one reason or another. You dont have to say you want him fired to easily insinuate that you do. You despise him. Why? I dont live in this sheltered world. I look at if from a common sense point of view. That they act like he's a maniac rampaging the sidelines on a constant basis, and frankly you have this view probably too. Fact is, you nor the people spewing these opinions dont even watch the games, but rather choose to pick one 10 second snippet of a 3.5 hour+ broadcast in order to say "see, see? I told you he was a prick". That's may point. more fact than opinion.

• Fire 2

Again your facts, statements are wrong. I normally watch every game, and I actually watch them, I do not post every ten seconds about how bad we are when things are not going well.

No I do not like Bo. But that does not mean I want him fired. Do I think he is qualified for the job, no. He never has been. Is he making improvements in his actions, yes. Was yesterdays attack on him fair. No.

WAS IT SEEN ON NATIONAL TV. YES.

Will Nebraska suffer from it in one way or another. Yes

Was it a positive for Nebraska. No

Is ESPN anti Nebraska, No more than any other fan base.

I am glad the government has protected us from the Martians though.

Again try reading, it really will help you.

I am not saying it is Bo's fault. I am saying it is in front of the nation and ESPN was not fair in their report.

But it is another episode for people to see, parents to see, future recruits to see.

We need all the positives we can get in recruiting. These things do not help. I spent most of my career in recruiting, negatives hurt it and it all gets back to the recruit.

He knows he has to clean up his act. That they follow him constantly. He is working on it and as stated I think hard.

I do not see the media ever really liking Bo, they will take every shot at him they can as they have since he got here. His history brings them to the sidelines to track him, just looking for things that another coach would get by with. Not fair, but it is fact.

I am not saying it is Bo's fault. I am saying it is in front of the nation and ESPN was not fair in their report.

But it is another episode for people to see, parents to see, future recruits to see.

We need all the positives we can get in recruiting. These things do not help. I spent most of my career in recruiting, negatives hurt it and it all gets back to the recruit.

He knows he has to clean up his act. That they follow him constantly. He is working on it and as stated I think hard.

I do not see the media ever really liking Bo, they will take every shot at him they can as they have since he got here. His history brings them to the sidelines to track him, just looking for things that another coach would get by with. Not fair, but it is fact.

ESPN could do the same thing to Saban, Tubberville, Muschamp, Brian Kelly, etc. but choose not to. This entire thing is a non issue.

Refresh me, but it seems I have seen almost every game this year except Mn on tv. That is odd because I don't have BTN. Why is it, with all the Nebraska hate, the networks and Espn have broadcast Nebraska nearly every week? Desmond Howard was out of line, but to consistantly insinuate that there is a national conspiracy theory against NU seems like an adolescent attempt for attention.

Because we get ratings. It's not a conspiracy to smear our image, it's a calculated effort to produce ratings and dollar signs.

ESPN could do the same thing to Saban, Tubberville, Muschamp, Brian Kelly, etc. but choose not to. This entire thing is a non issue.

This is why I believe it was a hatchet job. Howard could rant on these other coaches, but they don't play in his alma mater's division. He can foresee the whipping we're going to lay on the Wolverines every year, so he's doing what he can to undermine us on tv.