Nice blatantly biased scewer of Pelini by ESPN

hskrpwr13

The problem we are running into is some of these commentators and announcers played against Nebraska in the 90's and got punished by us so they hate us for it. They can't be unbiased because they have to take it back to the field and how they got their a$$e$ stomped by us. Screw ESPN, just keep winning and ignore these f*&kers and it'll drive them to the nut house when we win the B1G and possibly the Rose Bowl. They won't be able to say $hit then.

The problem we are running into is some of these commentators and announcers played against Nebraska in the 90's and got punished by us so they hate us for it. They can't be unbiased because they have to take it back to the field and how they got their a$$e$ stomped by us. Screw ESPN, just keep winning and ignore these f*&kers and it'll drive them to the nut house when we win the B1G and possibly the Rose Bowl. They won't be able to say $hit then.

Agree!!!!!

Agree!!!!!

Who specifically are we talking about here?

I've been wanted to fight Desmond Howard for a long time.

College Gameday this morning was a f'ing joke. Come down to Lincoln next year guys.

We have to give them a reason to first. But with our easy schedule, a win vs UCLA and with our first four games in the B1G being against Illinos, Purdue, Minny and NW, we may just do that next year.

Just off the top of my head Brock Huard announced against us and would not shut up about the other team. I can't remember who we were playing at the time, but he was obviously for them. That's just one example.........we beat him his Senior year when Washington played us. Obviously he doesn't care for us.......

Yes, Brock Huard has the power to turn all of ESPN against us. Obviously. And he wouldn't think that a team that beat him was actually good.

Good lord, read the other posts this is just one example of "announcers" not liking us.................it's obvious and he was biased the entire game he announced against us. Don't know how you can't see that?

Agree!!!!!

Who specifically are we talking about here?

Hell, I don't know. I am just part of the mob and want my free drinks. Where's the rope? I do believe ESPN is trying to crap on big 10 teams because they are competing networks. BTN puts a crimp in ESPN's college football monopoly plans. It's all about money & power.

Anyway, rant time. Here we go.

I am an "ESPN hates Nebraska" conspirist. I guess the proper term would be "National Media" rather than ESPN. I have felt this way ever since they (national media) drug Osborne threw the mud during the Lawrence Phillips fiasco in '95.

Here's my nutjob explanation of this position.

It is pure jealousy. Nothing more than pure, unequaled envy. Here's Nebraska. Rolling of 9,10, 11+ win seasons. Year after year. Conference Championships. National Championships. And has alway done it the right way. Never on probation. Never sanctions. I guarantee you our program was probed harder than any other in history during and after the 90's run. And obviously they came up with nothing. No one ever reported it, because just like when celebrities are acquitted of charges, it's barely reported. God forbid we axe previous perceptions. We do it right. Even after school, our players are doing good on a lot higher percentage. Think of all the great programs and they trouble theyve encountered. Not all. But alot. We've never had that issues, and in the mean competed with and even beat the crap out of the superstar, spoiled brat, overrated recruiting classes with the hard working, blue collar workhorse.

Now the thing. These see the writing on the wall. They've seen what our guys have done over the last few weeks. They know the potential. They see Nebraska coming coming back. And now they have to find a way to knock it down somehow. ALL THE FRICKIN bullsh#t GOING ON IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL TODAY, AND THEY HAVE TO CONTINUE TO STAB ONE OF, IF NOT THE FINEST, PROGRAM IN THE GAME, THAT ALWAYS DOES IT RIGHT.

I know we shouldnt watch. Honestly, I did not see it, but can make pretty accurate assumptions based on factual track records of these a$$hole$. Desmond Howard obviously the worse. And then for us as a University to have the balls to allow them to do a little segment for the Osborne halftime tribute sickened me. I know we shouldnt worry about it, but as one who cant stand how perception is used in this world, I clearly understand this constant (yes, it is constant at this point) and pre-meditated slandering can really harm our program in the long run. We may not care about ESPN, but many to most do. It's all there is.

The University of Nebraska needs to take a very active stance on this crap. No other program receives this kind bias treatment. No commentators game to game are not an issue, but it's the constant tone against Nebraska that is bs due to pure envy. I guess maybe we're just too damn nice. Maybe if Gameday comes to Lincoln next year, (UCLA?, early spec.) we should treat'em like sh#t, boo the whole time, and litter the set with beer bottles and lettuce, then maybe we'll get the love to that of the SEC.

Rant done. I know I'm nuts, but I know I'm not alone.

Jealousy IMO doesn't play a role in it. The sinple truth is that Nebraska football doesn't make sense to people on the right and left coast. They don't understand how a school from a small midwestern state with a small population and limited amouts of instate d-1 athletes can be one of the top 5 winningest programs in the nation all time. It doesn't compute. They don't have to say anything good about NU because on the national stage it doesn't get any ratings points. Negative things do get points.

It really is about TV sets and ratings.

• Fire 2

Anyway, rant time. Here we go.

I am an "ESPN hates Nebraska" conspirist. I guess the proper term would be "National Media" rather than ESPN. I have felt this way ever since they (national media) drug Osborne threw the mud during the Lawrence Phillips fiasco in '95.

Here's my nutjob explanation of this position.

It is pure jealousy. Nothing more than pure, unequaled envy. Here's Nebraska. Rolling of 9,10, 11+ win seasons. Year after year. Conference Championships. National Championships. And has alway done it the right way. Never on probation. Never sanctions. I guarantee you our program was probed harder than any other in history during and after the 90's run. And obviously they came up with nothing. No one ever reported it, because just like when celebrities are acquitted of charges, it's barely reported. God forbid we axe previous perceptions. We do it right. Even after school, our players are doing good on a lot higher percentage. Think of all the great programs and they trouble theyve encountered. Not all. But alot. We've never had that issues, and in the mean competed with and even beat the crap out of the superstar, spoiled brat, overrated recruiting classes with the hard working, blue collar workhorse.

Now the thing. These see the writing on the wall. They've seen what our guys have done over the last few weeks. They know the potential. They see Nebraska coming coming back. And now they have to find a way to knock it down somehow. ALL THE FRICKIN bullsh#t GOING ON IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL TODAY, AND THEY HAVE TO CONTINUE TO STAB ONE OF, IF NOT THE FINEST, PROGRAM IN THE GAME, THAT ALWAYS DOES IT RIGHT.

I know we shouldnt watch. Honestly, I did not see it, but can make pretty accurate assumptions based on factual track records of these a$$hole$. Desmond Howard obviously the worse. And then for us as a University to have the balls to allow them to do a little segment for the Osborne halftime tribute sickened me. I know we shouldnt worry about it, but as one who cant stand how perception is used in this world, I clearly understand this constant (yes, it is constant at this point) and pre-meditated slandering can really harm our program in the long run. We may not care about ESPN, but many to most do. It's all there is.

The University of Nebraska needs to take a very active stance on this crap. No other program receives this kind bias treatment. No commentators game to game are not an issue, but it's the constant tone against Nebraska that is bs due to pure envy. I guess maybe we're just too damn nice. Maybe if Gameday comes to Lincoln next year, (UCLA?, early spec.) we should treat'em like sh#t, boo the whole time, and litter the set with beer bottles and lettuce, then maybe we'll get the love to that of the SEC.

Rant done. I know I'm nuts, but I know I'm not alone.

Jealousy IMO doesn't play a role in it. The sinple truth is that Nebraska football doesn't make sense to people on the right and left coast. They don't understand how a school from a small midwestern state with a small population and limited amouts of instate d-1 athletes can be one of the top 5 winningest programs in the nation all time. It doesn't compute. They don't have to say anything good about NU because on the national stage it doesn't get any ratings points. Negative things do get points.

It really is about TV sets and ratings.

ESPN is obviously an frontrunning network. That means for them to hype up a team, they need to be in the MNC race or have a contract with them to show thier games (SEC). And NU has been irrevelant on the MNC picture since CU took us behind the woodshed in 2001. If NU starts to become relevant in the national title picture, they will change thier tune again.

No matter how much Bo is loved by this group, this is the view of the Nation. Most fans think he is a complete idiot. His actions and only his actions have earned him this. His first was an attack on Bill Snyder in 2003.

He is getting better, and most likely is not any worse than some others, but it is what most fans out of the state of Nebraska think of our coach. When there was talk of him returning to LSU, their fans made the comment he was a nut job.

I live in Socal, Inland Empire. I talk to I think maybe 15 Nebraska fans a month, no more than 2 of those think he is doing a great job, the rest endorse or follow what the scit implied.

For those that think it is ESPN picking on him, no so much, just cry wolf reporting. He has a history, and this will continue to follow him for the rest of his coaching life. I do not think it is fair, but it is hard to refute it when it seems to be on TV every couple of games. He is the only one that can correct it, but in honesty no matter how hard he tries, they still follow him continously. Hard to be a choir boy all the time.

We will see how the new AD deals with it.