Nice blatantly biased scewer of Pelini by ESPN

hskrpwr13

ESPN is Garbage. Sure Pelini and Tuberville are bad guys, but Woody Hayes and Bobby Knight are legends for they're coaching styles. ESPN actively recruits for about 15 select teams in this country and against about another 15. I would like to see the NCAA ban them from campuses for a couple of years, but it won't happen because I don't think the NCAA is on the up and up either.

Okay back on to topic, I'm off the soapbox. Only the coaches and players know whats been happening on the sideline. But Pelini has to know that the cameras are gonna be centered on him, which really isn't right. The whole bit about coaches laying hands on a player is completely bogus. I'm not the biggest Pelini supporter, and his sideline behavior is part of that, but I'm pretty confident that he treats the players pretty well. It's hack journalism.

Good. It wasn't just me. :espnsucks:

I fired off an email to ESPN. I'm sure it will produce nothing, but I feel better that I provided feedback (I had a lot more to say than their 500 character count limi).

Another thing they indirectly insuated was that perhaps this should affect recruiting. I don't remember exactly what was said.

This is correct, the emails dont even go to Bristol, they go to the ESPN office in Omaha. There are about 30 people who respond to emails and my buddy is one of them. They have automatic messages that they send back unless it is something very drastic and although he reads them all, it is more for entertainment purposes. He always has stories about funny emails people send to ESPN.

(For those that saw the segment this morning on GameDay)..

I know how a lot of us already feel about ESPN, but jeez, was that ridiculous or what?

Basically implied that the Pelini/Stafford "incident" was due to Pelini saying something personal. And that saying something personal to a player is out of line.

Brought up the NW game situation with Antonio Bell.

How this could impact recruiting.

How coaches should never lay a hand on a player.

etc..etc...

They started with a montage of many coaches yelling/acting a fool on the sideline (Spurrier, Tubberville, Chip Kelly, Pelini, others), then proceeded to only talk about Stafford/Pelini and then made a bunch of statements that one would infer they meant to be that their statements was what happened between Stafford/Pelini. Both clearly explained what was going on in post game remarks throughout the week.

If I'm an NU official, I'm firing off I'll kinds of communications to ESPN for that hatchet job.

The whole segment really ticked me off.

So does Texas work for ESPN...or does ESPN work for Texas? How did that all go down again?

Saw the segment too. What a bunch of a$$holes especially Howard.

I loved how they said those other coaches(saban, Kelly) had learned to control there emotions, but Pelini hasnt yet.....WTF???? They obviously haven't watch more than one full game this year. It became clear to me that they didn't have enough storylines for CGD and threw this together to kill about 5 minutes. What respect I had left for ESPN went out the window.

The worst part of the whole piece, other han the insinuations that Bo personally attacks players, was that Brian Kelly has "changed" his sideline behavior. The guy wigs out more than Bo ever has and he still does it just as bad this year. Never mind that Bo is night and day with he is behavior this year compared to 2,3,4,5 years ago. And never mind that many of his first recruits have come out and said exactly that.

The Brothers Stoops make Bo look like an Alter Boy. So does Saban at times.

Problem is they got rings too silence their critics. Bo needs a Conference title ring this year too silence the ESPN tools. I really hope Bo and the team pulls it off.

Anyway, rant time. Here we go.

I am an "ESPN hates Nebraska" conspirist. I guess the proper term would be "National Media" rather than ESPN. I have felt this way ever since they (national media) drug Osborne threw the mud during the Lawrence Phillips fiasco in '95.

Here's my nutjob explanation of this position.

It is pure jealousy. Nothing more than pure, unequaled envy. Here's Nebraska. Rolling of 9,10, 11+ win seasons. Year after year. Conference Championships. National Championships. And has alway done it the right way. Never on probation. Never sanctions. I guarantee you our program was probed harder than any other in history during and after the 90's run. And obviously they came up with nothing. No one ever reported it, because just like when celebrities are acquitted of charges, it's barely reported. God forbid we axe previous perceptions. We do it right. Even after school, our players are doing good on a lot higher percentage. Think of all the great programs and they trouble theyve encountered. Not all. But alot. We've never had that issues, and in the mean competed with and even beat the crap out of the superstar, spoiled brat, overrated recruiting classes with the hard working, blue collar workhorse.

Now the thing. These see the writing on the wall. They've seen what our guys have done over the last few weeks. They know the potential. They see Nebraska coming coming back. And now they have to find a way to knock it down somehow. ALL THE FRICKIN bullsh#t GOING ON IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL TODAY, AND THEY HAVE TO CONTINUE TO STAB ONE OF, IF NOT THE FINEST, PROGRAM IN THE GAME, THAT ALWAYS DOES IT RIGHT.

I know we shouldnt watch. Honestly, I did not see it, but can make pretty accurate assumptions based on factual track records of these a$$hole$. Desmond Howard obviously the worse. And then for us as a University to have the balls to allow them to do a little segment for the Osborne halftime tribute sickened me. I know we shouldnt worry about it, but as one who cant stand how perception is used in this world, I clearly understand this constant (yes, it is constant at this point) and pre-meditated slandering can really harm our program in the long run. We may not care about ESPN, but many to most do. It's all there is.

The University of Nebraska needs to take a very active stance on this crap. No other program receives this kind bias treatment. No commentators game to game are not an issue, but it's the constant tone against Nebraska that is bs due to pure envy. I guess maybe we're just too damn nice. Maybe if Gameday comes to Lincoln next year, (UCLA?, early spec.) we should treat'em like sh#t, boo the whole time, and litter the set with beer bottles and lettuce, then maybe we'll get the love to that of the SEC.

Rant done. I know I'm nuts, but I know I'm not alone.

• Fire 4