Nice blatantly biased scewer of Pelini by ESPN

hskrpwr13

Meh, I'll never buy into the "they hate us" argument. This is just something for them to talk about and they take the easy, superficial angle here. It's dumb but whatever. Not an anti-Nebraska agenda, just plain ole dumb. They're wrong and we can rest in the comfort of that knowledge.

It's just how the media is. They latch on to these angles. Lap it up. Right or not.

I'll take "Who gives a sh#t what ESPN says?" for $1,000 Alex

I totally agree with you except for one thing. It was so bad I think that some recruits who were watching that segment will never consider Nebraska because of it. It was that bad and that biased.

If a recruit is scared about a coach yelling at him, he should seriously consider not playing football anymore. Just my .02 worth.

Again your facts, statements are wrong. I normally watch every game, and I actually watch them, I do not post every ten seconds about how bad we are when things are not going well.

No I do not like Bo. But that does not mean I want him fired. Do I think he is qualified for the job, no. He never has been. Is he making improvements in his actions, yes. Was yesterdays attack on him fair. No.

WAS IT SEEN ON NATIONAL TV. YES.

Will Nebraska suffer from it in one way or another. Yes

Was it a positive for Nebraska. No

Is ESPN anti Nebraska, No more than any other fan base.

I am glad the government has protected us from the Martians though.

Again try reading, it really will help you.

Oh that's right. You're not ragging on Bo every chance you get, dating back to when-ever-the-hell. Sure I'll learn how to read and go re-read youre posts, and then I'll be back here making the exact same points that I am now. See where this is going?

This whole espn thing is just another "I told you so moment". Nothing more, nothing less. You had a lot of those moments after Ohio St. If I had the time I would trace them back. But I dont. I dont care, THAT MUCH. I know your tone. So do many others. Youre dream is for us to 0-11 next just so we can get rid of him. You ARE one of those people. It is clearly obvious. Youre not the only one, but it is sad.

Then the team rattles of a few wins in a row (5 of the 6 he said we had to win when everyone laughed at him) and instead of noting any improvement and crediting the staff, we sit and hid, dont say nothing until now, when you get another stab at a "I told you so moment". That's all this is amounting to. I deal with it all the time. My own dad is very similar.

• Fire 1

No matter how much Bo is loved by this group, this is the view of the Nation. Most fans think he is a complete idiot. His actions and only his actions have earned him this. His first was an attack on Bill Snyder in 2003.

He is getting better, and most likely is not any worse than some others, but it is what most fans out of the state of Nebraska think of our coach. When there was talk of him returning to LSU, their fans made the comment he was a nut job.

I live in Socal, Inland Empire. I talk to I think maybe 15 Nebraska fans a month, no more than 2 of those think he is doing a great job, the rest endorse or follow what the scit implied.

For those that think it is ESPN picking on him, no so much, just cry wolf reporting. He has a history, and this will continue to follow him for the rest of his coaching life. I do not think it is fair, but it is hard to refute it when it seems to be on TV every couple of games. He is the only one that can correct it, but in honesty no matter how hard he tries, they still follow him continously. Hard to be a choir boy all the time.

We will see how the new AD deals with it.

If you had the chance to watch Big Red Wrap Up this past week, they had our new AD on. He is TOTALLY behind Bo. He wants the football team to keep doing what they are doing. So if you are waiting for our new AD to fire Bo then you're going to have to wait for a long time. I'm sorry but who gives a fig what people in California think? Seriously? I don't care if they say they are Husker fans or not. It's so different when you live here in Nebraska and get to hear how this team is doing every day, listen to the interviews with Bo on the local sports talk shows. It's different. (This is just my humble opinion-not trying to offend you) Bo has grown SO MUCH! It's time that people take notice of that instead of beating him down all the time. What he did on Saturday in asking Tom to come out with the team, raising Tom's hand as the champion-sorry-there's character there. Bo has turned out some fine young athletes in his first team. Well done Bo! (Slipping off my soapbox! :)

I put in my browser 'Why does ESPN hate Nebraska so much?' and guess what? Jealousy DID play a part. The people that wrote back said things like: "Well if you get your a**es kicked by them year after year-yeah you're going to hate them. People ARE jealous of NU! It's also because we've done it right. We didn't cheat, we played by the rules and we won-BIG time! So let the polls think what they want. What's really important is how WE as a state feel about our team and right now there is LOTS OF HUSKER LOVE going around! 5 down 1 to GO BIG RED!

ESPN, like all entertainment outlets knows exactly how to move the ratings meter. The perceived slights of NU is solid ground to up the number of emails, tweets, etc that ESPN references when they sell ads.

Nebraska, OU, OSU, Notre Dame, Texas -- these legendary programs generally have one thing in common -- you either love them or loath them (but in either case people watch).

This is correct, the emails dont even go to Bristol, they go to the ESPN office in Omaha. There are about 30 people who respond to emails and my buddy is one of them. They have automatic messages that they send back unless it is something very drastic and although he reads them all, it is more for entertainment purposes. He always has stories about funny emails people send to ESPN.

Then somehow con a real email addy out of your friend, where we can send our grievences and they'll get noticed! :)

He keeps drawing negative attention to the University, he won't be here long. No matter wins or losses.

I think yesterday was a little unfair no question, but it was on National TV for all to see. They are not as forgiving as we are. It will have an affect, not so much by baby boy, but mommy, and mommy normally has a large say in where kids go.

This is not a small little story. This is something that has to be corrected. I think Bo works on it continously, but the media still looks for anything that might trigger him. Sensationalism for sure, but that sells papers/keeps viewers in their seats.

I hope he makes it. I think if he leaves it will be because of this type of stuff, more than wins and losses.

What are you talking about? The only game where Pelini acted out of line was the Texas A&m game, and he acted that way because he said he was told himself, personally, by the refs themselves that the they were going to screw Nebraska and call penalties that they normally wouldn't call during the game because we were leaving the Big XII and the conference felt like they were slighted by Nebraska. No secret that Don Beebe had a hard on for Nebraska because in his eyes, we helped cause the Big XII's future become uncertain and causing him his job because of it! Amazing but true! The refs should have been banned for life! Not only that, but Pelini apologized and said it would never happen again, and it hasn't! And this year he has been really good! People who think he should always be cool, calm, and collected are idiots and unrealistic! Even Osborne, got animated on the sideline when he was younger and there's plenty of footage to prove it!

He keeps drawing negative attention to the University, he won't be here long. No matter wins or losses.

I think yesterday was a little unfair no question, but it was on National TV for all to see. They are not as forgiving as we are. It will have an affect, not so much by baby boy, but mommy, and mommy normally has a large say in where kids go.

This is not a small little story. This is something that has to be corrected. I think Bo works on it continously, but the media still looks for anything that might trigger him. Sensationalism for sure, but that sells papers/keeps viewers in their seats.

I hope he makes it. I think if he leaves it will be because of this type of stuff, more than wins and losses.

What are you talking about? The only game where Pelini acted out of line was the Texas A&m game, and he acted that way because he said he was told himself, personally, by the refs themselves that the they were going to screw Nebraska and call penalties that they normally wouldn't call during the game because we were leaving the Big XII. Amazing but true! The refs should have been banned for life! Not only that, but Pelini apologized and said it would never happen again, and it hasn't! And this year he has been really good! People who think he should always be cool, calm, and collected are idiots and unrealistic! Even Osborne, got animated on the sideline when he was younger and there's plenty of footage to prove it!

This. This is my point. They are taking a 5-10 second snippets of 3.5 hour+ broadcasts and saying "look, look, see? Bo is a raving lunatic. He needs anger management." The facts are spun so much, I thought they were coming from FoxNew or MSNBC.

If they paid attention to what's going on, they would see that Bo spends literally 97% of the time with his arms crossed, nice and calm. This whole thing is just ridiculous.

And if's it's not envy, if it's not jealousy, then what is it? I know, if this stuff gets ratings so they feel obligated to do it, then what is it about Nebraska or Bo that gets us picked. Seriously. Why not pick on Les Miles? Why not Tubberville? The spent a whole minute talking about his little ordeal. Jesus, if Bo did something like that, he would be run out of the country by the media. The double standard reporting these days is just sickening, but I guess that's the way it is. No, I shouldnt pay attention like many of you have said, but it's just hard for me not to.

Haven't read through the entire thread, but I suppose all sorts of possible recruits watch ESPN Gameday. I'm guessing something like this from ESPN could affect recruiting for us, or at least make it that much tougher to land some guys.

Much thanks to the jerks at ESPN for making it even tougher to land recruits.

I guess Michigan (Howard) and Ohio St (Herbstreit) really do want their almamaters to blow us out of the water. Geez

First off, I did not see the segment. I would like to but couldn't find anything on youtube. Anybody have a link?

Sounds pretty skewed based on the comments though. The unusual aspect of the Pelini / Stafford exchange was that you usually dont see a player firing back at a coach like Stafford did. I said it in other threads, to me this is a non-issue, but I guess I can see why it might gain some attention. However, just as Accountability has pointed out, it has been taken out of context and even explained after the game by several players. (side note: do you think Howard actually put the skit together or is he just a puppet / messenger for the story?)

I do not totally agree with Skersfan, but it does appear that a majority of negativity around Pelini is less about his actual coaching and more about the perception of his temper. If something ever does do Pelini in, I agree it will likely have more to do with an overblown incident than actual wins and losses though.

I think people put too much stock in how something negative affects future recruiting. The media has been all over Saban especially when he was in the NFL and basically just walked over an injured player to his office. Guess what? Bama' doesn't have any problem with regards to recruiting. Some mamas might have a problem with this, but the majority just want their sons to make it to the NFL. They'll send them to whatever school has the best chance of doing it. Winning cures everything. It's no coincidence that some of TO's absolute best rated recruiting classes came after winning a NC or two.

First off, I did not see the segment. I would like to but couldn't find anything on youtube. Anybody have a link?

Sounds pretty skewed based on the comments though. The unusual aspect of the Pelini / Stafford exchange was that you usually dont see a player firing back at a coach like Stafford did. I said it in other threads, to me this is a non-issue, but I guess I can see why it might gain some attention. However, just as Accountability has pointed out, it has been taken out of context and even explained after the game by several players. (side note: do you think Howard actually put the skit together or is he just a puppet / messenger for the story?)

I do not totally agree with Skersfan, but it does appear that a majority of negativity around Pelini is less about his actual coaching and more about the perception of his temper. If something ever does do Pelini in, I agree it will likely have more to do with an overblown incident than actual wins and losses though.

I first heard it from my wife's cousin, who sits at home and texts me updates of what's going on around college football while we're at the game. I just happen to get a text from him saturday morning. We were on our way to Lincoln. The message said "Gameday piece turns into a bash Pelini story. That show's a joke anymore. Desmond Howard is a chickensh#t". He doesnt lie. He'll tell me on close calls while we in the stadium are waiting for reviews what's going to happen. He's pretty inbiased on sh#t. I just wish i could actually see it for myself. The kicker is, even though I havent seen it, is that it's believeable, meaning they have a history of pulling this crap anyway.