Nice blatantly biased scewer of Pelini by ESPN

hskrpwr13

(For those that saw the segment this morning on GameDay)..

I know how a lot of us already feel about ESPN, but jeez, was that ridiculous or what?

Basically implied that the Pelini/Stafford "incident" was due to Pelini saying something personal. And that saying something personal to a player is out of line.

Brought up the NW game situation with Antonio Bell.

How this could impact recruiting.

How coaches should never lay a hand on a player.

etc..etc...

They started with a montage of many coaches yelling/acting a fool on the sideline (Spurrier, Tubberville, Chip Kelly, Pelini, others), then proceeded to only talk about Stafford/Pelini and then made a bunch of statements that one would infer they meant to be that their statements was what happened between Stafford/Pelini. Both clearly explained what was going on in post game remarks throughout the week.

If I'm an NU official, I'm firing off I'll kinds of communications to ESPN for that hatchet job.

The whole segment really ticked me off.

How would they know what was said?

Did they specifically ask some players, or employ lip readers?

My guess it was specualtion. I have a hard time believing Howard did some hard core investigating, WaterGate style. Thank god I don't watch game day anymore.

Oops, sorry, I didn't see this one.

You said it better than me. It was a one-sided hatchet job. Why didn't they mention Compton, Smith, and Stafford defending their coach later in the week?

And why did they keep saying, "Never lay a hand on a player"?! Pelini never touched him. And they kept saying, "Never make personal comments about a player's family." I haven't heard anything about that, have you?

I caught that too. They definitely gravitated to the Bo/Stafford incident and made it seem like Bo said something personal or disrespectful. I think their problem is that the ESPN commentators don't know the details of the incident and their comments are out of whack. Not an excuse but I believe it is more from ignorance then maliciousness.

They did bring up a good point of how Brian Kelly has changed.

Didn't Stafford himself explain the context and situation? Didn't Stafford's story match the situation that Pelini addressed immediately after the game?

More importantly, didn't all the players that came out mention the tremendous amount of respect for Coach Pelini?

I didn't see the 'Gameday' piece, I would rather watch cartoons with my kids than that. But, if it was that bad and ignored reports from the sources of the situations, it may be borderline libelous. Especially if it was directed towards potential recruits and their families.

Good. It wasn't just me. :espnsucks:

I fired off an email to ESPN. I'm sure it will produce nothing, but I feel better that I provided feedback (I had a lot more to say than their 500 character count limi).

Another thing they indirectly insuated was that perhaps this should affect recruiting. I don't remember exactly what was said.

The worst part of the whole piece, other than the insinuations that Bo personally attacks players, was that Brian Kelly has "changed" his sideline behavior. The guy wigs out more than Bo ever has and he still does it just as bad this year. Never mind that Bo is night and day with his behavior this year compared to 2,3,4, or 5 years ago. And never mind that many of his first recruits have come out and said exactly that.

Howard is an idiot, someone more capable than I should make a Desmond's a tool facebook page. The guy seriously hasn't said a postive thing about Nebraska since the end of October... Butt hurt? I'm not sure he's even picked us since, not that I even care about their picks.

• Fire 2

The worst part of the whole piece, other han the insinuations that Bo personally attacks players, was that Brian Kelly has "changed" his sideline behavior. The guy wigs out more than Bo ever has and he still does it just as bad this year. Never mind that Bo is night and day with he is behavior this year compared to 2,3,4,5 years ago. And never mind that many of his first recruits have come out and said exactly that.

The Brothers Stoops make Bo look like an Alter Boy. So does Saban at times.

What did Stafford say this week to media as to why there was that little argument on the sidelines last week?

Stafford basically said he was frustrated that the defensive allignments weren't getting communicated fast enough from the sideline. (I'm guessing Bo called out Stafford for being out of position on the final first half PSU TD, and Stafford fired back at him.) Bo even admitted after the game that Stafford was essentially correct in his assessment of the problem.

I had no problem with the exchange and it actually seemed to light a fire under both of them and even the rest of the team. Other than to further a specific agenda, I can't under why the GD Crew would have a problem with the exchange after it was clearly explained.

What did Stafford say this week to media as to why there was that little argument on the sidelines last week?

Stafford basically said he was frustrated that the defensive allignments weren't getting communicated fast enough from the sideline. (I'm guessing Bo called out Stafford for being out of position on the final first half PSU TD, and Stafford fired back at him.) Bo even admitted after the game that Stafford was essentially correct in his assessment of the problem.

I had no problem with the exchange and it actually seemed to light a fire under both of them and even the rest of the team. Other than to further a specific agenda, I can't under why the GD Crew would have a problem with the exchange after it was clearly explained.

Thanks I thought that was the gist of it, but wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. ESPN making mountains out of mole hills.