Pelini's best team  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Best TEAM, this year. We have the miscues, but overall, this year has been his best.

Best defense, 2009, but offense was horrid.

2010 IMO, is the next best well rounded team. We lost most of those games, because we beat ourselves, and didn't overcome the adversity that was there. That year is a would have, could have, should have year. Would have had a better year if we didn't let the snowball effect hit us like it did, Could have won the Big 12 Championship and played in a BCS bowl game, and Should have played our best all year long and had a QB who could have picked up the slack Taylor lost with being injured.

I think next year will be Bo's ultimate team.

• Fire 1

I took 2009. With as loosey goosey as we are with the football this year, the 09' defense probably would score more points than the 12' offense. In 2009, we played a tougher schedule than we have this year. The two best teams we played in 09' were Virginia Tech and Texas. We only lost by one point in each game. The best team we've played this year is Ohio State, and we got taken behind the shed. We've only played three teams in the top 25 this year, and we lost to two of those teams.

The poll is somewhat incomplete as we haven't played out the remainder of the season. If we win the B1G and the Rose Bowl, then the scales tip towards this being Bo's best team.

I took 2009. With as loosey goosey as we are with the football this year, the 09' defense probably would score more points than the 12' offense.

I'm not even sure if you're being serious with this.

In 2009, we played a tougher schedule than we have this year. The two best teams we played in 09' were Virginia Tech and Texas. We only lost by one point in each game. The best team we've played this year is Ohio State, and we got taken behind the shed. We've only played three teams in the top 25 this year, and we lost to two of those teams.

Just fyi, even before UCLA beat USC on Saturday our strength of schedule was sixth in the nation. Sixth.

Alright. Heres mine. Bottom to top. I had to think pretty good about this, because it could be quite tricky, for all years, when you look at them from an overall point of view. They were all good at points, and all bad at points.

5) 2011-Probably not much to argue with here. This team was young. The staff was re-worked and so was the offense as a whole. Blown out on multiple occasions. Another very bad home loss. Disappointing start to Big 10 era.

4) 2008- Started ugly. Obviously had to reconnect the culture as the main goal and just set the tone. Season finished strong though. Ugly losses to Missouri and Oklahoma stand out as we were just ran of the field.

3) 2010- Jury's still out on these guys. Two more wins will easily put this edition at #1, but right now, it's 3. SOS is ranked very high, but we have squeeked by a lot. i wouldnt say it's an overtalented team, but they are full of heart and doing every thing they can. They are 9-2, with a conference championship well within reach still.

2) 2009- Started slow but finished VERY strong again. A sh**ty offense wouldve allowed this team to play, and maybe even win, a national Championship. As bad as the offense was, the defense was that good. Injuries everywhere on offense and the trials and tribulations of Niles Paul forced the staff to tear out all but one page of the playbook. Obvious NC talent on the field, but couldnt quite get over the hump in numerous instances. Super strong finish carried momentum to next year's strong start.

1) 2010- This team was dominant in numerous occasions. Beat ranked Oklahoma St on road, and manhandled a #6 Missouri, ran KState out of there own stadium. Down points were obviously the Texas loss and the end to the season. But of the 3 losses in the final 4 games, it's safe to say they were all lost for the wrong reasons. A&M was a legitimate screw job. Offense went to shitter again against OU, and no one could expect much motivation for that Holiday Bowl. But still, the overall body of work suggests that at this point, this was Bo's best team, at least for a couple more weeks.

2009 and 2010 are really close, here's why I gave the edge to 2009.

Both years had letdown games. '09 was Texas Tech and Iowa State, '10 was Texas and A&M. However, pissing down our pants in the championship game and Holiday Bowl was a really awful way to end that season; like, dreadful. In '09 we had the letdowns, but we also punched Virginia Tech and Texas (both better than any 2010 team we faced besides maybe Oklahoma) square in the jaw only to come up just short. Then, we absolutely obliterated a good (and favored?) Arizona team in our bowl game, winning 33-0.

And to think our offense was that horrible on purpose.

I took 2009. With as loosey goosey as we are with the football this year, the 09' defense probably would score more points than the 12' offense.

In 2009, we played a tougher schedule than we have this year. The two best teams we played in 09' were Virginia Tech and Texas. We only lost by one point in each game. The best team we've played this year is Ohio State, and we got taken behind the shed. We've only played three teams in the top 25 this year, and we lost to two of those teams.

Just fyi, even before UCLA beat USC on Saturday our strength of schedule was sixth in the nation. Sixth.

According to Sagarin, it's 31st.

According to Sagarin, it's 31st.

I didn't bother to look it up, but I questioned the #6 because there's only three teams we've played that are even ranked. We lost to two out of those three. Assuming Ohio State beats Michigan, we might only have two teams we played that are ranked losing to both of them. I've gotta think there are more than a couple SEC teams with a tougher strength of schedule than us.

Then, we absolutely obliterated a good (and favored?) Arizona team in our bowl game, winning 33-0.

Come to think of it, thank goodness Mike Stoops didn't end up coming here.

That was easily the worst offense I've ever seen. That Arizona team couldn't slow it down with a month to prepare. I think his reputation as a defensive coach is a wee bit exaggerated.

Then, we absolutely obliterated a good (and favored?) Arizona team in our bowl game, winning 33-0.

Come to think of it, thank goodness Mike Stoops didn't end up coming here.

That was easily the worst offense I've ever seen. That Arizona team couldn't slow it down with a month to prepare. I think his reputation as a defensive coach is a wee bit exaggerated.

Yep. A lot of people were wanting him to come here, and I was wondering why. If he couldn't stop 2009 Nebraska then he can't be trusted. His D at OU isn't exactly stellar and they've got some athletes on their D that pass the eyeball test.