Why Husker fans should be rooting for Georgia

No one since 1994-95 has won back to back championships. But I'm sure there are a great number of programs that have a back to back championship on their record.

Princton won 8 championships in 15 years back in the 1800's. Looks like Harvard did back-to-backs, Penn St., Yale....etc. I think the criteria needs to be established. Technically, Miami had a 6-peat championship run 1986-1991 according to Wikipedia. Florida St. had a 3-peat in the 90's. USC had a back to back 2003, 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

No one since 1994-95 has won back to back championships. But I'm sure there are a great number of programs that have a back to back championship on their record.

Princton won 8 championships in 15 years back in the 1800's. Looks like Harvard did back-to-backs, Penn St., Yale....etc. I think the criteria needs to be established. Technically, Miami had a 6-peat championship run 1986-1991 according to Wikipedia. Florida St. had a 3-peat in the 90's. USC had a back to back 2003, 2004.

http://en.wikipedia...._Division_I_FBS

What?

The only time that I ever cheered for a SEC team to win the National Championship was when Texas beat Nebraska in the Big 12 title game. But i hate the bragging of the SEC being better than everyone else, it reminds me a lot of Texas. So unless you can convince me not to go for Notre Dame, I'm pulling for the Fighting Irish to beat an SEC team in the National Championship this year.

Didnt Oklahoma win 3 in a row unanimously in the 50's when they had their unbroken run? I'm pretty sure theyre the only ones to ever accomplish that. I will say that when Nebraska won the 2nd in '95, that they were the first to to win back to back unanimous titles since they won 2 in a row in the early 70's. Nebraska's 3 titles in 4 years maybe something that has never been done, but I'm not sure on that either, especially with so many teams going back throught the records these days and claiming mythical titles from the 20's and such.

Alabama has done it a few times in the past, and so has Princeton. There are many schools to win back to back, but Nebraska is the most recent. There is a lot of speculation, and if you ask a USC fan, they will say their 03-04 year they were back to back. One year was exonerated, and the other, the press proclaimed them champs, even though they never played in the game. Texas, SMU, Mississippi, Pitt, Michigan State, Oklahoma and Tennessee have as well, won back to backs.

Princeton I believe holds the record with 5 in a row, Cal with 4 in a row and Minnesota has won 3 in a row a well with Yale. These are way back, but we aren't the first, but are the last lol

Ours in the 70's and USC's in the 2000's were not unanimous. Texas was also crowned in 1970, and in '03 USC split with LSU.