*** What we learned ***

1. Papuchis is getting good at saving Beck's ass

I really don't understand your hate for Beck. Tell me, what would you like that he do differently?

We ran the ball 53 times today, while throwing the ball 14 times. That's almost 4 run plays for every pass.

If we had Chip Kelly as an OC people would still complain.

• Fire 3

I really don't understand your hate for Beck. Tell me, what would you like that he do differently?

We ran the ball 53 times today, while throwing the ball 14 times. That's almost 4 run plays for every pass.

Overall I think Beck has done a great job this year, however.......I think many had to be scratching their heads, and rubbing their eyes in disbelief when Beck was throwing the ball on 3rd and less than 4 on more than one occasion. If they were shutting down the run game, then perhaps I see it. But, when you consider what Rex was doing in the second half on the ground...........just dont get it.

I think we learned that this team can win even when everything goes against them.

Horrible weather? Check

Motivated opponent playing their best football? Check

More mental mistakes? Check

And still we gave up 0 points on our turnovers. And owned that game after their first drive.

I think we learned that this team can win even when everything goes against them.

Horrible weather? Check

And still we gave up 0 points on our turnovers. And owned that game after their first drive.

Unfortunately weather and mental mistakes are not things that are going against us. Both teams played in the same weather and mental mistakes are our own issue. Was Iowa playing any better or more motivated than average? No. I've watched 7 or 8 Iowa games this season and they played just about like they always do: conservative, pretty well-coached and sparks of solid play here and there.

If we had Chip Kelly as an OC people would still complain.

That is so true. They act like our offense is absolutely horrible.

Heard = More carries

Those doubters about Whaley can close their doors now. I remember a certain member on here who spewed about how he shouldn't even see the field. Whaley is one of the biggest key contributors for this team, along with Compton and Martin.

Rex, is Rex, nothing more can be said lol.

Pap didn't save Beck's ass. You act like we passed 70% of the game. Hard to stay effective with the run, when that is all you can do. Iowa stopped us many times, you HAVE to change it up. If you don't, 3 & outs are going to happen way more often.

Why our guys fumble AFTER fair catching the ball, still makes my jaw drop. NO ONE CAN TOUCH YOU GUYS! When you fair catch, CATCH the ball. Best play on special teams, besides Maher's amazing kick, is when our players darted for the sidelines when the ball hit the ground lol.

Horrible weather? Check

Unfortunately weather and mental mistakes are not things that are going against us. Both teams played in the same weather and mental mistakes are our own issue. Was Iowa playing any better or more motivated than average? No. I've watched 7 or 8 Iowa games this season and they played just about like they always do: conservative, pretty well-coached and sparks of solid play here and there.

Sorry, no. That was Iowa's offense today, weather or no weather. That is how they play, power running and 3 yard passes and extremely conservative coaching - every single game.

That isn't what we try to do. We pretty much tossed out 4/5ths of the playbook today and beat Iowa using Iowa's own gameplan.

The weather created absolutely the perfect conditions for Iowa to have had any chance of an upset and we still beat them.

Horrible weather? Check

Sorry, no. That was Iowa's offense today, weather or no weather. That is how they play, power running and 3 yard passes and extremely conservative coaching - every single game.

That isn't what we try to do. We pretty much tossed out 4/5ths of the playbook today and beat Iowa using Iowa's own gameplan.

The weather created absolutely the perfect conditions for Iowa to have had any chance of an upset and we still beat them.

Not sure what your point is. Vandenberg threw some nice balls with the wind. Overall Iowa was Iowa. When we had the chance to go for the throat (which PSU and Michigan did successfully) we didn't/couldn't.