Stein and Jackson out

lo country

I noticed in the LJS article is said Pensick was taking a majority of the snaps at guard, hence Pelini in at C.

Any clue who he was palying those snaps for and is the starter there not doing so well that even when we lose our center Pensick stays at guard?

He, Pensick, has been playing in lieu of ARod. Better at pulling and less apt to jump or hold, a problem ARod is having

I thought Pensick was mostly playing in place of Choi at LG as opposed to ARod who has mainly played RT. Unless I've missed Pensick at tackle.

I noticed in the LJS article is said Pensick was taking a majority of the snaps at guard, hence Pelini in at C.

Any clue who he was palying those snaps for and is the starter there not doing so well that even when we lose our center Pensick stays at guard?

He, Pensick, has been playing in lieu of ARod. Better at pulling and less apt to jump or hold, a problem ARod is having

I thought Pensick was mostly playing in place of Choi at LG as opposed to ARod who has mainly played RT. Unless I've missed Pensick at tackle.

Arod has been playing tackle when not at guard opposite long. Yesterday qvale and sirles played the majority of the snaps at tackle.

Arod has been playing tackle when not at guard opposite long. Yesterday qvale and sirles played the majority of the snaps at tackle.

I guess I hadn't noticed that ARod was still playing some guard. Thought he had only been at tackle this year.

Am I the only one who thought our D-Line was better without Baker? Come on guys we've got several others who can step in without missing a beat. Jackson is a bigger loss.

Wrong. Baker is the best we have at DT, you need to watch some film. He will get a shot at the next level, if his knee heals.

I guess I hadn't noticed that ARod was still playing some guard. Thought he had only been at tackle this year.

I think you are correct. I have not seen him take a snap at guard this year, unless I missed something. I had the impression that Pensick was taking snaps mostly from Choi.

Either way, I didn't like our chances without these guys, and I put it at less than 50% without them.

Think we will burn Vincent Valentine's redshirt if the line play gets bad in the ccg?I'm thinking that a 3-4 might be the best way to go in this scenario.

Not even a chance that would happen. Burn a year's worth of eligibility for 2 games? I doubt we will see a 3-4, but you never know. I have been wrong on more than one or twenty occasions lol. We have players to fill his spot, who will do just fine. Just have to wait and find out who is filling Stein's spot lol.

The Great Callahan burned a certain QB's redshirt for 5 minutes against K-Satan

ARod has only played tackle this year, specifically on the right side. He moved there from guard this spring. Pensick has been splitting snaps with Choi the last 3 or 4 games.

Tough luck for Baker. I don't think he's been great this year, but it definitely hurts because our lack of depth at the position.

Agreed! Baker hasn't been stellar in all games, but I think he had a great 2nd half vs the Badgers this year. It will hurt our rotation of DT not having him available. I hate to see a senior get injured this time of the year. He has put in 4 hard years, only to not be a factor in the two most important games coming up.

Tough luck for Baker. I don't think he's been great this year, but it definitely hurts because our lack of depth at the position.

Maybe not great, but the majority of the improvement of the defense is in direct correlation to the play of Baker Steinkuhler the second half of this season. Watch the film. He has been unblockable one-on-one and has been commanding double teams (and splitting them many times). We haven't had someone who actually commanded a double team since Suh and sometimes Crick. He should be All-Conference.

He will get looked at for the NFL because of his size and foot speed, assuming the knee heals as expected.

• Fire 1

Maybe not great, but the majority of the improvement of the defense is in direct correlation to the play of Baker Steinkuhler the second half of this season. Watch the film. He has been unblockable one-on-one and has been commanding double teams (and splitting them many times). We haven't had someone who actually commanded a double team since Suh and sometimes Crick. He should be All-Conference.

He will get looked at for the NFL because of his size and foot speed, assuming the knee heals as expected.

I've noticed this as well. He's been doing his job tremendously within the scheme. You dont have to have 20 tackles and 4 sacks a game to be great at what you do. I have a feeling we're gonna miss him bigtime this week.

• Fire 1

From what I heard, Randle got cleared to play. Not sure if he will be starting, but I wouldn't be surprised. If this is truly the case, we may not see much of a difference if he is completely healthy. I am actually kind of excited to hear this.

Q_Many, I think Pelini did a great job against Iowa, and I wouldn't mind seeing him starting. Another week, knowing he could get the start, we could see him perform even better. This weekend I guess Pensick was still taking snaps under guard, so its going to be interesting how it all pans out.

As said, we will miss Baker. Feel bad he will miss the two biggest games of his Husker career.

Can Pensick/Pelini pull as well as Jackson? I felt like that was a huge key to how well we were running outside.

Not sure overall, but the very first play Pelini was in he got good, hard snap to Taylor, in the gun, an pulled. There seemed to be zero issues on exchanges throughout the day, so I think it could be a non-issue. Like the old addege, if you dont notice him, he's doing his job.

• Fire 3

As said, we will miss Baker. Feel bad he will miss the two biggest games of his Husker career.

Can Pensick/Pelini pull as well as Jackson? I felt like that was a huge key to how well we were running outside.

Not sure overall, but the very first play Pelini was in he got good, hard snap to Taylor, in the gun, an pulled. There seemed to be zero issues on exchanges throughout the day, so I think it could be a non-issue. Like the old addege, if you dont notice him, he's doing his job.

That is good to hear. I was at the game and saw both Baker and Justin walk right past me within ten feet, I knew it wasn't good. I couldn't really analyze from my seats how he was doing. I didn't notice him, so that's good.