Penn State Players

lionsfan93

Just wanted to get other peoples opinion on this topis. I had forgotten (until they mentioned it on 1620 this morning) that Penn State players will still have the opportunity to transfer to any school of their choosing penalty free until late in the summer of 2013. And I know Bo said that we would not initiate contact with any of their players, but I see someone like freshman TE Jesse James fitting in at Nebraska very well. Nebraska had one of the best offenses in the B1G this year, and really only doesn't return the TEs for next year. I think we should send Mr. Kyler Reed out to visit him, but that's just me. What do you guys think, should we go after him or other players of need for us?

Just wanted to get other peoples opinion on this topis. I had forgotten (until they mentioned it on 1620 this morning) that Penn State players will still have the opportunity to transfer to any school of their choosing penalty free until late in the summer of 2013. And I know Bo said that we would not initiate contact with any of their players, but I see someone like freshman TE Jesse James fitting in at Nebraska very well. Nebraska had one of the best offenses in the B1G this year, and really only doesn't return the TEs for next year. I think we should send Mr. Kyler Reed out to visit him, but that's just me. What do you guys think, should we go after him or other players of need for us?

Yes let's pilfer Penn St. and quit feeling sorry for them.

I don't think we should actively recruit PSU players but realistically how good can PSU be in the next few years if they were able to retain all of their players? If PSU is going to be really bad it seems compassionate to give a good player a chance to compete for championships. A lot of people didn't think PSU would be very good this year after losing some key players but they ended up with a decent season. If the best they can expect is 3 wins per season for the next few years then the good players should consider transferring and PSU fans shouldn't be critical of teams that take them. It is what it is.

i dont think Bo is gonna go out and try to and get one of these kids unless possibly just maybe they reach out to us in a pycho ex. chick kind of way that begs us to recognize them..... but i dont know if thats going to happen... .overall i dont think its a good idea and by not doing it will build goodwill between the staffs (not knowing how long Bradley stays) which could benifit us possibly in future recruiting battles.....

My question is...."how long will Obrien stick around"? He is already one of the two highy regarded NCAA coaches when it comes to the NFL openings that will happen. Heard him and Chip Kelly are the 2 most popular among the NFL talk. Will he jump back to the NFL, knowing how bad it will get very soon.

He seems like a great person, with great integrity. I respect everything that he has done with the situation and embraced the team and university, but if he is really looking after his own career, he may jump quickly.

O'Brien will leave to go to the NFL but it won't be this offseason.

His buyout is $9M this season. It drops by over $2M next year.

He also knows that if he leaves before August it will absolutely destroy Penn State's program even worse than the sanctions already will. He won't do that.

He'll stick through one more year then take an NFL offer.

Going out on a limb here, but I think what he was doing was distancing himself from Tim Beckman who was contacting Penn St. players to transfer to Illinois and O'Brien didn't like that. I think if any Penn St. players contact the football staff that expresses interest in transferring to Nebraska, we would be receptive and welcoming.

I think it was a very good thing for O'Brien to have the season he did with Penn St. because he establishes the mentality that they will play hard, despite the sanctions.

I don't think poaching anyone's players is a good idea at all. As far as his interest in us, it depends on his goals. If James or Carter wish to play in the NFL, there is no better offense in college to play under than O'Brien's.

Yeah I don't feel like going out of our way to grab someone is very honorable. If they wish to come so be it.

NIce. Very nice. I agree 100%. Lane Kiffin anyone? Rumor is he was in State College trying to lure away Silas Redd before the NCAA had even arrived to deliver the sanctions. Haha. dirtbag.