The Tunnel Walk Diagnosis

Landlord

Seems every season this comes up at least once. Not a ton of people seem to be happy with the Tunnel Walk in it's entirety - either the video work is subpar, Sirius is getting old, the sound system sucks, or what have you. So, in an effort to cure my boredom looking at the same arguments in the same threads, I thought we could have a worthwhile discussion on what we, as members of Huskerboard, would do with the Tunnel Walk if it was in our power. Two main points:

1. What music would you use? And please guys, keep all the "Enter Sandman" and "AC/DC" and "Oh Neva Scared or Lil' Wayne would be super dope!" out of here. You know as well as I do that that is not true, and none of those would ever really be in consideration. Get creative and unique. I realize some of you guys are on the cutting edge of 1812 rather than 2012, but try to keep up.

2. How would you organize the event? With the way the players come out, the video highlights/camera work, etc. What would you change or keep the same to make this the most epic intro in all of college football (which we all know is held by Virginia Tech)?

Oh, and there's no wrong answers. Except for crappy music selections like we talked about :)

• Fire 1

I like Sirius.

I would like a better video production. I would LOVE to have the Husker Prayer to start the video and then go into the first bars of Sirius.

Most of all, I would like the way the players run on the field to be changed.

I think it is just a weird flow with the turn, and then players are all over. I would like a more single file tunnel towards the middle of the field.

Give me some smoke or something! LOL

To me the first issue that needs addressed is the sound system. All the audio being at one end of the stadium just does not make any sense whatsoever. I'm sure there were reasons for it at the time, but it is obvious-to me anyway-that it needs improved. We have such a beautiful stadium in and out with so many great amenities and such, but yet our sound system flat out sucks at times.

• Fire 1

Right now, the doors open, the team slowly gathers just outside the door, jumps around a bit and then runs onto the field.

Change that to: gathering behind the closed doors, then have the doors explode open and the team comes running out. Huge WWE-like pyro and smoke.

Also, like accountability said, fix the freaking sound system.

• Fire 2

To me the first issue that needs addressed is the sound system. All the audio being at one end of the stadium just does not make any sense whatsoever. I'm sure there were reasons for it at the time, but it is obvious-to me anyway-that it needs improved. We have such a beautiful stadium in and out with so many great amenities and such, but yet our sound system flat out sucks at times.

I would agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with the tunnel walk. Just upgrade the sound system. The current one seems, and probably is completely out of date.

Where would they put these additional speakers throughout the stadium? I feel like the south end is lacking in places to mount things

I dont know. it's not my job to figure that out. It's just my job to bitch about it. i cant do it all, all the time.

You mean you're not an audiological engineer?