The Tunnel Walk Diagnosis

Landlord

I actually like what they've done the last couple years with it. They've started using the opening of Sirius (because hearing that low rumbling intro gets the adrenaline pumping, it screams TUNNEL WALK to me now), then transitions to a different song during the animation/highlights portion of the Tunnel Walk, then back to Sirius when the team starts walking out of the tunnel. That works for me because it keep Sirius but also allows some creative wiggle room to switch up the music every year.

Also, I like that, in the vain of epoc's In the Deed The Glory intro, that they've done a pre-Tunnel Walk pump up starting with the conference opener and keep it through the rest of the season.

A lot of the people who find the newer Tunnel Walk's boring are probably not seeing it in the stadium on gameday. Believe me, I saw this year's Tunnel Walk after the first game and was thoroughly unimpressed. Inside the stadium was a completely different story of how I saw it. It's still an incredible experience.

I wish we could all clap in unison- to paraphrase a line from Peter Griffith "Its like Steve Buschemi's teeth out there, everyone doing their own thing". People were once led by the Husker Cheerleaders, not anymore. We had slowly built up the mo'.

If this is the song that a lot of husker pump up videos use i'd agree I like that as an opener. Also like the song used a lot with our pump videos. I also like the song by Nelly Here comes the boom. Which is used a lot on you tube with our pump up videos

Nebraska doesn't use this song at all nor have they ever as of the time of this posting.

Let's change gears a little bit - what do you guys think would be good music for use in the stadium? Not specifically to replace Sirius, but perhaps to be used as a pre-tunnel walk video, or just for some of the many highlight or pump-up videos we see throughout the game?

Stuff that isn't entirely cliche, 50 years old, or entirely obscure that nobody will have ever heard.

Here's one I've always thought would be a ton of fun:

I have quite a bit of Family Force 5 on my work out mix. I'm not sure a lot of the older folks would enjoy them though. But then again, they probably don't enjoy Kanye or PSY either.

They're probably my favorite band - and you have a good point, but the song I specifically linked is a lot more arena jam feel than say, Drama Queen or Fever :P

The Family is my favorite band of bands. Enjoy bout everyone of their songs. But Sirius is Nebraska. Just need better sound system and some new creativity with the video

• Fire 1

Sound system: Very badly in need of upgrades. Broken record.

Music: Sirius is great. My only issue is that it's extremely unoriginal. If it gets replaced, it needs to be an original production that no one else can use. Can we get someone to produce an original song close to as good as Sirius? Probably not. If we can, do.

Video: Epocson-style opening video. Then full CG opening (2001-style). If lazy old fat guy with free trial Tucows software dripping nacho cheese on his keyboard can't get it done, hire someone. We have a ziillion dollars. Bring in Pixar. We want Finding Nemo minus fish plus exploding helmets. And corn. I want the best looking stadium ever rendered. Anyone seen The Adventures of Tintin? What we have now is Flight Simulator for Windows 95.

I regret to inform y'all I did not possess the winning ticket. So there goes all my audio system improvement funds. On a serious note, does anyone remember the song used for the first couple of games in 07? It had a different beat but corny parachuting antics and voice from the Saw movies, I actually didn't mind the beat it had.

I love the walk but how about we go with flight of the valkyrie and then beef up the sound system. I also love the Kieth Jackson intro so how about we go with Bo saying "I love the smell of black shirts in the morning...... the smell of victory" . OK so that may not work but flight of the valkyrie does rock.

I love the walk but how about we go with flight of the valkyrie and then beef up the sound system. I also love the Kieth Jackson intro so how about we go with Bo saying "I love the smell of black shirts in the morning...... the smell of victory" . OK so that may not work but flight of the valkyrie does rock.

just do the gen. patton speech before every game on the jumbotron, but exchange 'america' for 'nebraska'.

just do the gen. patton speech before every game on the jumbotron, but exchange 'america' for 'nebraska'.

Yea that would be cool.

Yea that would be cool.

it would be super cool.