I don't get it....

What has changed? When did Wisky become world beaters? They come in losing 3 of the last 4. They start a Qb who hasn't hit a pass longer than 20 yards yet. Where is this hype coming from? You got Borland who I guarantee isn't completely over his injury. You got Abbrederis who is one hit from being a vegetable and he's their only deep threat. I don't get the skepticism lurking across the web and in the local community.

I also don't know how we lose one guy (not downplaying his significance) and all the sudden our top 15 defense is gonna get run over. Is this a joke?

It may just be me because i'm surrounded by people who view Wisky this goliath of a team. It's driving me crazy. Anybody else getting that vibe around town?

Personally, I'm extremely optimistic about this match-up. If we come out and keep them off the board their first couple drives and keep the rock off the carpet, I don't see this being closer than 10 points in our favor.

What does everybody think?

• Fire 2

Our team is focused and hungry. Our seniors know what it feels like to have championships in your grasp and have them pulled away. I don't think we lose this game. I am sure Wisky has the "revenge" factor but we have the unfinished business factor. We will punish them this game and make BB cry.

• Fire 3

I'm with you on this. I think people are so worried because of how the first game went down. It will still be a hard fought game but, I guess I don't see it being a slug fest 21-20 type of game. I could be wrong but Nebraska has improved so much throughout the season and this team wants this championship more than the '09 '10 teams did. I say that because most of these guys had to sit on the bench and watch those guys blow it two years in a row, or were actually playing, when we were so close.

What has changed? When did Wisky become world beaters? They come in losing 3 of the last 4. They start a Qb who hasn't hit a pass longer than 20 yards yet. Where is this hype coming from? You got Borland who I guarantee isn't completely over his injury. You got Abbrederis who is one hit from being a vegetable and he's their only deep threat. I don't get the skepticism lurking across the web and in the local community.

I also don't know how we lose one guy (not downplaying his significance) and all the sudden our top 15 defense is gonna get run over. Is this a joke?

It may just be me because i'm surrounded by people who view Wisky this goliath of a team. It's driving me crazy. Anybody else getting that vibe around town?

Personally, I'm extremely optimistic about this match-up. If we come out and keep them off the board their first couple drives and keep the rock off the carpet, I don't see this being closer than 10 points in our favor.

What does everybody think?

Aberderris(sp), even at 75%, is a deadly receiver that we had problems with the first time. And as great as our secondary is, they still have the occasional gaffe...but with Abby, it will cost us six for each one.

Wisconsin's offensive line and Bell weren't on the same page when we played them before--all indications are that they are now, which is a stout running attack for anyone to stop, let alone a defense that lost their best run stopper like Nebraska did.

As for Baker, when I watched the first game,he was instrumental in stopping Wisky dead cold on the ground. Watch the game again--the kid was everywhere, and we lost that.

Statistically, it's exceptionally difficult to beat the same team twice in the same season in college football. And Nebraska hasn't beat the same team twice in the same season since the 1800s (per the OWH).

And frankly, there's something to be said for employing a bit of hubris with regards to our team and program.

I do think Nebraska will win, but it will be a lot closer than we will care for. I don't think Wisky are world beaters, but it seems like folly to overlook them or think they're insignificant when they're not.

• Fire 1

We stick to what we do good. We win. We turn the ball over as much as we did in our first meeting, we lose. Wisky is a play here or there from being 10-2 or 11-1. We are a play or two away from being 7-5 or worse. We have found a way to win close ones and they have not. Mentally, a huge plus for us. In our games, the only thing that even made them close was NU. We get out of our own way and we win. Typical NU mistake ball we probably lose. Turning over the ball like we do and spotting teams double digit leads is going to bite us in the butt. We ned to play sound, fundamental football.

I agree Borland will not be 100%. Abby is a threat, but Evans shut him down. His second half production is down significantly, two concussions will do that to a guy.

I don't think people are worried because of Whisky.  I think they are walking on eggshells because we have had a tendency to stop ourselves and have not shown an ability to put people away.

I do agree with lo country.  Stick to our plan and don't turn it over = a comfortable "W" and sweet pics of teeth bearing roses!

We have a team that has a tendency to turn the ball over and give away cheap points, sometimes in groups of twos and threes. As a result, it doesn't take very long for it to snowball into a large deficit quickly.

Of course, they've also become rather adept at erasing said deficits nearly as quickly as they happen.... but you can only fall 10-14 points behind so often before it becomes too much.

So as long as that potential for disaster exists, then one can never be too comfortable.

Make them go the length of the field each time and we'll be fine.

We need to hold onto the ball (broken record, i know) and don't give up any big returns on special teams.

Their offense is talented in terms of running, but as long as we don't give them great field position, their offense will struggle to move the ball on us.

We have one of the best passing defenses in the country and we're going up against one of the worst. Stop the run, we win.

Yeah, I was watching the Okie game on Fox Sports and they were going to talk about the Rose Bowl and of course they didn't say a word about Nebraska. (Fox is a HUGE Big 12 station and it seems like they haven't forgiven us for leaving the Big 12!) I'm nerous about this game because, like everyone else, we don't know which team will show up. I'm hoping it's our 'play 4 quarters of smashmouth football with NO mistakes team' vs the play sloppy the first half then come from behind 'heart attack kids' team.

The senior leaders on this team have a lot of heart, and I don't think they let another championship slip away from them. I am expecting a focused, inspired effort tonight from the entire team, and I love the fact that we have Rex back healthy for this game. Let's keep him healthy and let him run behind Janovich and Zimmerer all game.

For the first time all year I am confident we will win handily. I haven't felt this way about a game all year, including the Minnesota game. I just think we are ready and focused this game. Rex is back and will be on a mission... 45-20

24-17 at half but nebraska pulls away in the second half.

(Fox is a HUGE Big 12 station and it seems like they haven't forgiven us for leaving the Big 12!)

Well, get used to it--Fox Sports is quietly gobbling up the third tier rights from the Big XII conference to start their own Big XII network, sans Texass, and use Fox Sports Cable as the delivery mechanism. Though I would think that since Fox is a minority partner in the BTN, they would want to not hinder viewership for one of their flagship games this week...

...then again, there's probably no sense in pissing off the Big XII fans by reminding them that Nebraska is doing better since they left. :)