I've been reading this thread since I enjoy seeing opposing fans views....i did not expect this.

All I can say is that the worm will turn. The Badgers have not always been even a mediocre team. I remember the 80s when their only conference win was against northwestern...maybe minnesota. I was there when they played Miami in madison and lost by 40 points. There will be future ups and downs and i'm sure wisconsin will be on the receiving end of a butt whippin'....most likely in the Rose Bowl.

Take care folks. Have a good night.

Did they just say that Georgia Tech wants to be in the Big Ten??? Seriously?

If that happens I want back in the Big 12.

Duke, it would behoove you to check out the ongoing expansion thread going right now in the Big 10 forum. Someone accidentally let the cat out of the bag on that one...it wasn't supposed to be announced until after the ACC title game. #16 could be North Carolina, FSU, Virginia, or Kansas...

And the B1G may not stop at 16...

I had heard about North Carolina, FSU, Virginia, and Kansas, but I must have taken the same sleeping pill that our defense did tonight because I didn't hear about Georgia Tech. The times are a changin'...

Georgia Tech, Rutgers, and Maryland were among the schools the B1G was looking at after adding us. I've also heard the B1G may not stop at 16, either...

To the OSU fans, sorry NU represented so well in the game and let a 3rd place team in the 'leaders' division win the whole she-bang. Pathetic. I know.

To the OSU fans, sorry NU represented so well in the game and let a 3rd place team in the 'leaders' division win the whole she-bang. Pathetic. I know.

Hey, this has been a forgettable season for the ENTIRE conference. Look forward to 2013 by winning in January against whomever you play.

I'm hearing A&M in capital one bowl. :bad

Hey, this has been a forgettable season for the ENTIRE conference. Look forward to 2013 by winning in January against whomever you play.

I'm hearing A&M in capital one bowl. :bad

Jesus tapdancing on a f**king cracker, this night just keeps getting better and better...

...we can't stop running QBs, and now we're going to face perhaps the best one in the nation? Motherf*****g hell.

At least we'll have the whole 2010 revenge thing...I guess? :hmmph

Here is the angle I was talking about with Bell's block. To me it looks like there helmet contact there (not intentional and not malicious), and that's what they were calling. It is close, though, but that helmet of his isn't above the guy's shoulderpad. It's up into the helmet.

Bell.gif

Bell can't remove his head. At the speed that guy was going, it's nearly impossible by the laws of physics to stop those helmets from touching. Throwing a flag on that is stupid, even with the focus on head injuries we have.

If this hit is illegal, every single time a ball-carrier lowers his shoulder - and, correspondingly, his helmet - you have to penalize him for initiating helmet-to-helmet contact. Heads are above shoulders, and if you're hitting with your shoulders, your helmet is going to contact the other player.

This play can't be illegal, not without changing the physiology of humans or utterly changing the nature of football.