Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

"Bo isn’t good enough to get over the hump. He isn't bad enough to fire. Nebraska is stuck in purgatory."

As awful as it to say this, these three sentences sum up our current situation perfectly. :(

The rest of the article here.

Totally agree...things will have to change if Nebraska ever wants to contend for a NC again....Bo will not get us there.

Said another debbie downer nebraska fan

they're everwhere

yep them and the ahole from the OWH will cause recruits to decommit- count on it- if you don't think other schools use this negative crap against us, well you probably believe callahan was just "miss-understood" and a real fine coach

Yea there's another fact, Callahan had a lot of problems recruiting. Just could not get it done. Some even hung on after he left.

Every program has this type of negativity, it has little affect on them, but blow out losses says one of two things, man they really need me, or does this coach have a clue. How the staff reacts to that is whether or not we keep the kid.

Fans that know everything are a big boon to the board, their ideas are the only ideas or thoughts that should be considered. I remember when the Clownahan deal started, how a few started saying the things that eventually came about. I was one of the sunshine pumpers, I actually held on to the bitter end, hoping he would get rid of his buddy DC. I learned from that lesson, never just follow the heard.

Those that think their ideas are the only ones only need to look at our history, and you will find that change comes fron disent. Blindly following seldom is best, lock step mentality.

Waiting for the attack of the ponies, ah too bad, we don't have to put with crap anymore. So Sad.

Is Nebraska better with the change to Bo, I would have to say yes. My problem is that he is not as good as some think and has a long ways to go to restore this program. Ten wins this year should indicate major steps being taken or made. Looking at those ten wins, you have to admit some ey were questionable, against less than a top SEC program. But the two losses were huge steps backwards. UCLA, eh who knows. They played tough and I imagine we were a little over confident going in. In honesty who would not be, by the way USC paddled them the year before.

I have no real problem with the UCLA loss, I thought we would win, but thought it would be close. Ohio State, truly felt would be a loss but not as bad as it was. Wisconsin had shown they were getting tougher all year long, and I did not think we would win, but again never expected what went down. I do not think that should happen to Nebraska, especially since we/some feel we have a great defensive mind running the program.

It still boils down to experience, and unfortunately on every front for this staff they are way behind other top programs. Be it Bo wanting to help his friends or the AD not wanting to spend the money, this really needs to change I think. Bo has been in over his head since he got here. I think he is working very hard to catch up, and has made huge improvements in his side line demeanor. I truly feel if he would hire an old veteran that could handle the Offense or the Defense, he would grow rather quickly. He just has too much on his plate, with being at a storied program, high fan expectations and local news media that is less than friendly at times.

Is Nebraska better with the change to Bo, I would have to say yes. My problem is that he is not as good as some think and has a long ways to go to restore this program. Ten wins this year should indicate major steps being taken or made. Looking at those ten wins, you have to admit some ey were questionable, against less than a top SEC program. But the two losses were huge steps backwards. UCLA, eh who knows. They played tough and I imagine we were a little over confident going in. In honesty who would not be, by the way USC paddled them the year before.

I have no real problem with the UCLA loss, I thought we would win, but thought it would be close. Ohio State, truly felt would be a loss but not as bad as it was. Wisconsin had shown they were getting tougher all year long, and I did not think we would win, but again never expected what went down. I do not think that should happen to Nebraska, especially since we/some feel we have a great defensive mind running the program.

It still boils down to experience, and unfortunately on every front for this staff they are way behind other top programs. Be it Bo wanting to help his friends or the AD not wanting to spend the money, this really needs to change I think. Bo has been in over his head since he got here. I think he is working very hard to catch up, and has made huge improvements in his side line demeanor. I truly feel if he would hire an old veteran that could handle the Offense or the Defense, he would grow rather quickly. He just has too much on his plate, with being at a storied program, high fan expectations and local news media that is less than friendly at times.

Well said. I do think that him hiring new people at the position and himself being new to being a HC he really doesn't have anyone with experience on his staff that may put out a suggestion. If he hired at least one OC or DC veteran to lean on sometimes or get there point of view i think he would be more successful. Basically quit hiring his buddies with no experience.

Did someone actually argue that Nebraska needs to get back to the offense we ran in the '09 and '10 seasons (two very different offenses by the way - with the '09 offense among the worst in Husker history)?

Did somone actually accuse our current offense - one of the best rushing offenses in the nation - of being a "finesse" offense?

We do play power football. We also pass the football. It's a pretty cool offensive weapon and helps set up the power running game.

Fact: 09 we were 2 pts away from winning the conference and a bcs bowl game.

Fact: 10 we were 4 pts away from winning the conference and a bcs bowl game.

those two years we didn't suffer any 30+ pt blowouts.

Fact: 11 didn't even make the championship game and suffered multiple 30+ blowouts.

Fact: 12 we make the championship game and suffer multiple 30+ blowouts. we were 40+ away from winning the conference.

sorry chief any fan would take the 09-10 years than the 11-12 years. We don't give our defense enough rest because of too many 3 and outs in like 5 mins. We are passing too much. we give up on the run too easily.

that offense in 2010 was just an epic, grind it out, 3 yards and cloud of dust glory machine wasnt it?

Fact: 11 didn't even make the championship game and suffered multiple 30+ blowouts.

Fact: 12 we make the championship game and suffer multiple 30+ blowouts. we were 40+ away from winning the conference.

sorry chief any fan would take the 09-10 years than the 11-12 years. We don't give our defense enough rest because of too many 3 and outs in like 5 mins. We are passing too much. we give up on the run too easily.

No but we did lose to a middling Texas Tech team by 21 in a game where we did absolutely nothing and wasn't even close. We also lost to an Iowa State team we had absolutely no business losing to. This using that offense that you seem to like. The reason why we didn't lose games by a lot was because the defense in both '09 and '10 was absolutely spectacular, something that's been missing out of each of these past two years. Some of it you can attribute to moving to a new conference where most of the teams are exact opposites of the teams we faced in the Big XII. We had to create strengths very quickly to what had been weaknesses.

I absolutely love our offense. Is it perfect? Absolutely not, things definitely need to be cleaned up and they definitely need to learn how to hold onto the ball. The offensive line needs to develop some consistency. But I think the skill positions would be able to start at just about any D1 school. Our WRs are the best run blockers in the nation, and they rarely drop passes. When Burkhead was healthy, we were 4 deep at RB. If given the opportunities, all of them would run over 1000 yards (all 4 averaging over 5 ypc). We also have a QB who's 27 yards away from running for 1000 yards. Oh and by the way he's also thrown for over 2700. Outside of the center, LG, and TEs, the team loses absolutely no one on offense. Add to that the fact that our schedule lightens up with us dropping Wisconsin and OSU for Purdue and Illinois, and it's very likely that we'll put up even greater numbers next year.

Next year if there are blow out losses to quality teams, I will be done saying we need to keep him. Bringing in unexperienced head coach was the worst thing we could have done. We are suffering for it now, and the question is how long does it take for Bo to learn exactly what he needs to do. Others have hired new coaches with experience and seem to have moved ahead of us very quickly or brought their team up.

I am hoping our problems are being corrected in the recruiting department, that is what we need to make a lot better, or at least try and make up for the two years we did not do so well.

This job should not be an on the job training site, truly for any reason. GA's are for that, not the whole staff. But it is what we have, and I am hoping that what you said is correct. There will come a day when we are more than competent and we really start moving forward. I just do not see it now.

No but we did lose to a middling Texas Tech team by 21 in a game where we did absolutely nothing and wasn't even close. We also lost to an Iowa State team we had absolutely no business losing to. This using that offense that you seem to like. The reason why we didn't lose games by a lot was because the defense in both '09 and '10 was absolutely spectacular, something that's been missing out of each of these past two years. Some of it you can attribute to moving to a new conference where most of the teams are exact opposites of the teams we faced in the Big XII. We had to create strengths very quickly to what had been weaknesses.

I absolutely love our offense. Is it perfect? Absolutely not, things definitely need to be cleaned up and they definitely need to learn how to hold onto the ball. The offensive line needs to develop some consistency. But I think the skill positions would be able to start at just about any D1 school. Our WRs are the best run blockers in the nation, and they rarely drop passes. When Burkhead was healthy, we were 4 deep at RB. If given the opportunities, all of them would run over 1000 yards (all 4 averaging over 5 ypc). We also have a QB who's 27 yards away from running for 1000 yards. Oh and by the way he's also thrown for over 2700. Outside of the center, LG, and TEs, the team loses absolutely no one on offense. Add to that the fact that our schedule lightens up with us dropping Wisconsin and OSU for Purdue and Illinois, and it's very likely that we'll put up even greater numbers next year.

So one bad game that wasn't nearly as bad as these blowout losses in the last 2 years is worse? no i don't think so. Iowa St. game we fumbled 8 times. that's why we lost. You are making my point. We had a defense that could keep us in games is which what all teams need to have to win. I'm not saying that our offense was better than now but we knew what we were doing and lined it up and punched them in the mouth whether or not we gained 1 yard or a first down. We had an offense identity.

Stats are meaningless for Martinez because he has played since his freshman year. So he is naturally going to pile up the yards both running and passing and break records as a Cornhusker qb that weren't broken before. The biggest test is how he plays with the big boys and so far he has failed that.

I would say that Taylor (I have always been one of his biggest fans) has caused some of our problems, but some of it goes to Beck, some of it goes to the Oline, some has to be shared by the recievers. Blocks being missed by the RB has been a factor at times. But alas this is a team game.

I would say the temp we play with has a good affect and a bad affect at times on the D, no question. A happy equal depending on in game situations is needed and that will happen with experience of the OC.

All share the blame.

Did someone actually argue that Nebraska needs to get back to the offense we ran in the '09 and '10 seasons (two very different offenses by the way - with the '09 offense among the worst in Husker history)?

Did somone actually accuse our current offense - one of the best rushing offenses in the nation - of being a "finesse" offense?

We do play power football. We also pass the football. It's a pretty cool offensive weapon and helps set up the power running game.

Fascinating how you use those facts to reach a conclusion that makes absolutely no sense.

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented.

Fascinating how you use those facts to reach a conclusion that makes absolutely no sense.

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented.

IMO the offense in 2011-2012 is much better and more fun to watch than the 2009-2010 offense. If I had to pick, I prefer a dominating defense and a poor offense over a great offense and a piss poor defense. Getting blown out is worse than close losses caused by an inept offense.

Is it even an opinion that the 2012 offense is better than the 2009 offense?

And that the 2009 defense was vastly superior to the 2012 defense?

And that you shouldn't have to choose between good offense and good defense, but have a competitive mix of both?

And that our perfectly well-rested defense has managed to suck from the opening bell?

And that one of the best rushing offenses in the nation probably hasn't given up on the run?

• Fire 3