Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

Did someone actually argue that Nebraska needs to get back to the offense we ran in the '09 and '10 seasons (two very different offenses by the way - with the '09 offense among the worst in Husker history)?

Did somone actually accuse our current offense - one of the best rushing offenses in the nation - of being a "finesse" offense?

We do play power football. We also pass the football. It's a pretty cool offensive weapon and helps set up the power running game.

Fact: 09 we were 2 pts away from winning the conference and a bcs bowl game.

Fact: 10 we were 4 pts away from winning the conference and a bcs bowl game.

those two years we didn't suffer any 30+ pt blowouts.

Fact: 11 didn't even make the championship game and suffered multiple 30+ blowouts.

Fact: 12 we make the championship game and suffer multiple 30+ blowouts. we were 40+ away from winning the conference.

sorry chief any fan would take the 09-10 years than the 11-12 years. We don't give our defense enough rest because of too many 3 and outs in like 5 mins. We are passing too much. we give up on the run too easily.

Fascinating how you use those facts to reach a conclusion that makes absolutely no sense.

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented.

So you would take these last two years versus the 09-10 teams? we were better back then. Our team was more balanced and we didn't continuously shoot ourselves in the foot like we do now. We were actually disciplined on both sides of the ball. Sure the offense is better but now our defense sucks.

Did someone actually argue that Nebraska needs to get back to the offense we ran in the '09 and '10 seasons (two very different offenses by the way - with the '09 offense among the worst in Husker history)?

Did somone actually accuse our current offense - one of the best rushing offenses in the nation - of being a "finesse" offense?

We do play power football. We also pass the football. It's a pretty cool offensive weapon and helps set up the power running game.

Fact: 11 didn't even make the championship game and suffered multiple 30+ blowouts.

Fact: 12 we make the championship game and suffer multiple 30+ blowouts. we were 40+ away from winning the conference.

sorry chief any fan would take the 09-10 years than the 11-12 years. We don't give our defense enough rest because of too many 3 and outs in like 5 mins. We are passing too much. we give up on the run too easily.

Fascinating how you use those facts to reach a conclusion that makes absolutely no sense.

So you would take these last two years versus the 09-10 teams? we were better back then. Our team was more balanced and we didn't continuously shoot ourselves in the foot like we do now. We were actually disciplined on both sides of the ball. Sure the offense is better but now our defense sucks.

Saying we were more disciplined back then is pushing. I remember people on here pointing out how many penalties we had in games. And not shooting ourselves in the foot...Did you forget the ISU game? i realize that was a fluke hopefully to never be repeated again but it did happen during that stretch you speak of.

And I may be alone in this thinking but is it possible our penalties have been reduced due to the fact that the Big Ten officials suck?

Is it even an opinion that the 2012 offense is better than the 2009 offense?

And that the 2009 defense was vastly superior to the 2012 defense?

And that you shouldn't have to choose between good offense and good defense, but have a competitive mix of both?

And that our perfectly well-rested defense has managed to suck from the opening bell?

And that one of the best rushing offenses in the nation probably hasn't given up on the run?

I was going to respond, but Guy rendered that unnecessary. Gotta big old plus for ya buddy...just get in my van.

Saying we were more disciplined back then is pushing. I remember people on here pointing out how many penalties we had in games. And not shooting ourselves in the foot...Did you forget the ISU game? i realize that was a fluke hopefully to never be repeated again but it did happen during that stretch you speak of.

And I may be alone in this thinking but is it possible our penalties have been reduced due to the fact that the Big Ten officials suck?

ISU game was a fluke. This year we had 1-2 turnovers every game in conference atleast. yes we still had penalties but not at the level of the last couple of years.

Is it even an opinion that the 2012 offense is better than the 2009 offense?

And that the 2009 defense was vastly superior to the 2012 defense?

And that you shouldn't have to choose between good offense and good defense, but have a competitive mix of both?

And that our perfectly well-rested defense has managed to suck from the opening bell?

And that one of the best rushing offenses in the nation probably hasn't given up on the run?

2012 offense is better than 2009 but we could run in 09. The 09 defense was vastly superior to 12. The offense would get completely shut down. Yes we should have a balanced offense and defense. Yes our defense this year has given up huge play after huge play and the fact mediocre teams we barely beat is a testament to that. Best rushing offense? lol. I saw multiple times we gave up on the run for the pass.

We could barely run in '09. The two best defenses we saw that year (OU and Texas) we averaged less than 150 yards of total offense and 11 PPG. We had just over 2000 yards rushing and 2400 yards passing, Combine Ameer and Taylor this year (just 2 players vs the entire offense) and they meet those numbers. Our offense couldn't do anything with consistency in '09, and they only ran it straight at teams because they couldn't be trusted to do anything else. Our offensive identity that year was turtleing up and making sure we didn't screw anything up for the defense.

We have over 6000 yards of total offense for the 5th time in school history, the other times '82-83, '95, and '97.

If you want the '09 offense, you can have it. I'm fine with what we have.

Next year if there are blow out losses to quality teams, I will be done saying we need to keep him. Bringing in unexperienced head coach was the worst thing we could have done. We are suffering for it now, and the question is how long does it take for Bo to learn exactly what he needs to do. Others have hired new coaches with experience and seem to have moved ahead of us very quickly or brought their team up.

I am hoping our problems are being corrected in the recruiting department, that is what we need to make a lot better, or at least try and make up for the two years we did not do so well.

This job should not be an on the job training site, truly for any reason. GA's are for that, not the whole staff. But it is what we have, and I am hoping that what you said is correct. There will come a day when we are more than competent and we really start moving forward. I just do not see it now.

wrong- we already did the worst thing prior to Bo- hired callahan

Next year if there are blow out losses to quality teams, I will be done saying we need to keep him. Bringing in unexperienced head coach was the worst thing we could have done. We are suffering for it now, and the question is how long does it take for Bo to learn exactly what he needs to do. Others have hired new coaches with experience and seem to have moved ahead of us very quickly or brought their team up.

I am hoping our problems are being corrected in the recruiting department, that is what we need to make a lot better, or at least try and make up for the two years we did not do so well.

This job should not be an on the job training site, truly for any reason. GA's are for that, not the whole staff. But it is what we have, and I am hoping that what you said is correct. There will come a day when we are more than competent and we really start moving forward. I just do not see it now.

wrong- we already did the worst thing prior to Bo- hired callahan

What??

Callahan is that experienced coach that skersfan is looking for. Just goes to show how much he knows of Husker football.

If Bo were to leave tomorrow I would actually be curious if the roster talent would be worse than what Callahan did when he got canned. Looking at recruiting classes etc it would appear Bo took over a talented roster. Would the hypothetical new coach have the same amount of talent Bo did when he took over?

I'm not saying I believe or do not believe this. Just curious on others thoughts?

If Bo were to leave tomorrow I would actually be curious if the roster talent would be worse than what Callahan did when he got canned. Looking at recruiting classes etc it would appear Bo took over a talented roster. Would the hypothetical new coach have the same amount of talent Bo did when he took over?

I'm not saying I believe or do not believe this. Just curious on others thoughts?

We're better stocked on offense- better recievers, better backs- equal, maybe a little worse in the o line and QB, well we know what "stars" did for callahan at QB, other than a JC recruit callahan missed on all his QB's and left a lowly 3 star sitting on the bench untill he had no choice- as far as defense goes the only thing that callahan (blake) did was bring in Suh- Bo has been very unlucky with injuries on the defensive line.

Over-all i'd say a new coach would be in pretty good shape, but if the mom's basement crowd would JSTFU and play their video games, we wouldn't be talking about any of this

If you could read, then you might be able to make a reasonable comment.

Taking a rudderless ship and bringing in someone with absolutely no experience at the job is looking for trouble. You would not do it with your business or like it at your job.

Have said over and over and over and over that I wanted an experienced college head coach back then. Did not want Clownahan by any means, but tried to support him to the bitter end.

Still do not want Bo fired, just not happy with the job he has done in some areas, very happy with the way he has ran the program, high graduation rates, kids staying out of trouble, no National spot light for infractions. He has done far better than I ever thought he would. My number one complaint with Bo is that he has turned this into a training program. Hiring friends or yes men. I am not sure if he is doing that on his own, or the purse strings are so tight he has no choice.

And I still remember the comments by 95% on the board, how Bo will turn it around instantly and we will be winning championships. On and On, we sweep the Big 12 the last year, we walk through the Big 10 the first year. These things did not happen, remember close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

He is learning the job, was not qualified for the job, we took a chance because it was the most economical way to get out of Pederson and Clownahan. Not a single one of you that own companies would hire a new CEO with that level of experience. You do not take that type of chance especially with a program in melt down.

He has done some very good things, and I think if given the time, he will figure it out. But the fans outside of the state of Nebraska are far more displeased with him than you guys think. Seldom does a week go by that I do not hear how bad people dislike him. His seat is lot hotter than some think, I think.

Taking a rudderless ship and bringing in someone with absolutely no experience at the job is looking for trouble. You would not do it with your business or like it at your job.

Have said over and over and over and over that I wanted an experienced college head coach back then. Did not want Clownahan by any means, but tried to support him to the bitter end.

Still do not want Bo fired, just not happy with the job he has done in some areas, very happy with the way he has ran the program, high graduation rates, kids staying out of trouble, no National spot light for infractions. He has done far better than I ever thought he would. My number one complaint with Bo is that he has turned this into a training program. Hiring friends or yes men. I am not sure if he is doing that on his own, or the purse strings are so tight he has no choice.

And I still remember the comments by 95% on the board, how Bo will turn it around instantly and we will be winning championships. On and On, we sweep the Big 12 the last year, we walk through the Big 10 the first year. These things did not happen, remember close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

He is learning the job, was not qualified for the job, we took a chance because it was the most economical way to get out of Pederson and Clownahan. Not a single one of you that own companies would hire a new CEO with that level of experience. You do not take that type of chance especially with a program in melt down.

He has done some very good things, and I think if given the time, he will figure it out. But the fans outside of the state of Nebraska are far more displeased with him than you guys think. Seldom does a week go by that I do not hear how bad people dislike him. His seat is lot hotter than some think, I think.

Beins you're from out of state, you know this. that is obvious. I have one thing to say about it though. f#*k'em. They obvoiusly dont know jack sh#t about the man aside from a tantrum or two during a 3 1/2 hour football broadcast THAT EVERY SINGLE COACH IN THE COUNTRY DOES AS WELL.

Not directing this towards you because I hear it from others too, but I am so sick and tired of this "Bo is hated outside of Nebraska" bs. Who gives a sh#t. These are opinions of people who seriously do not matter. If they are basing their opinion upon snippets of the most heated moments of his job, then they are too stupid for their opinion to mean anything more than dogshit on my boot.

• Fire 3

We're better stocked on offense- better recievers, better backs- equal, maybe a little worse in the o line and QB, well we know what "stars" did for callahan at QB, other than a JC recruit callahan missed on all his QB's and left a lowly 3 star sitting on the bench untill he had no choice- as far as defense goes the only thing that callahan (blake) did was bring in Suh- Bo has been very unlucky with injuries on the defensive line.

Over-all i'd say a new coach would be in pretty good shape, but if the mom's basement crowd would JSTFU and play their video games, we wouldn't be talking about any of this

yeah, Pierre Allen, Phillip Dillard, Barry Turner, Zack Potter, Zach Bowman, Larry Asante, Ricky Thenerse, Jared Crick, Eric Hagg, Baker Steinkuhler, Cameron Meredith, and Prince Amukamara were all washouts recruited by Callahan that never amounted to crap (sarcasm)

Beins you're from out of state, you know this. that is obvious. I have one thing to say about it though. f#*k'em. They obvoiusly dont know jack sh#t about the man aside from a tantrum or two during a 3 1/2 hour football broadcast THAT EVERY SINGLE COACH IN THE COUNTRY DOES AS WELL.

Not directing this towards you because I hear it from others too, but I am so sick and tired of this "Bo is hated outside of Nebraska" bs. Who gives a sh#t. These are opinions of people who seriously do not matter. If they are basing their opinion upon snippets of the most heated moments of his job, then they are too stupid for their opinion to mean anything more than dogshit on my boot.

Do you think our problem with Bo Pelini is over his tantrums?

My problem is that he has such a good reason to be pissed off.

And that a lot of Husker fans dance around the possibility that the ongoing Husker deficiences really are head coaching issues.

You may not care what out-of-staters think about Bo Pelini and Nebraska, but as long as our prize recruits are coming from out-of-state, you really should.

• Fire 2