Attitude going into bowl game

This team has got to have an "us against the world" attitude going into the bowl game. When Bo first got here, he brought that attitude. I haven't seen that out of him lately.

We are going up against a team that was less than 5 yards away from playing for the National Championship. This is this team's chance to prove that the Wisconsin game was nothing more than an embarrassing blip that cost them the conference championship. It should absolutely piss off every coach and player in our program to go out and prove something. After the OSU embarrassment Bo challenged this team to win out and they did it. After this embarrassment, he needs to challenge them again. They need to come out and prove that they are a better team than that.

To me, the SEC needs to prove that they are the top dog in the country like so many people think they are. Last year they won an NC without having to go out and earn it outside their conference. The BCS basically gave handed the conference the championship...it was just a matter of which team.

This year, they are being made to go out and earn it by playing someone else. I for one will be rooting for ND even though I can't stand them.

Nebraska needs to hold up their end of the bargain and prove that their second place team isn't better than the second placed team in our conference.

The SEC very well might prove once again they are better. But, Nebraska needs to put up a fight and MAKE them prove it.

if the players are not pissed off about the last game...they will never be pissed off.

Since the game, I have been trying to figure out what Bo needs to do next. How does he approach the team and get their mind headed in the right direction. This is the best I have come up with. That anger can make the team go either direction. It can either make them not show up or it can make them focus. It is Bo's job to focus that anger in a productive manner to prove something to the world.

As for how they played after the OSU game, they won six games. I don't care how pretty it was. They won six games by fighting and scratching and never giving up and coming from behind to win.

This team might not be talented enough to win pretty. But, they have proven they can win ugly. Now, they need to prove they can win ugly against a top SEC team. I didn't watch the game, but it appears Georgia got their butts handed to them pretty good by South Carolina and also lost to Alabama. They beat Florida in a reasonably close game. Other than that, they haven't played anyone who was ranked.

The SEC does not play a tough OC schedule.

LINK

This is why last year's championship game was such a joke. Not saying anyone goes out and schedules 4 top ten programs. BUT, at the end of the day, anyone wanting to brag about their conference should have to go prove it head to head against other conferences. Nothing is more true to that than to win the NC. Glad this year they are.

Every year is different. Just because the SEC has been good the last few years, doesn't mean they are going to dominate the bowl games this year. They still need to go out and prove they are the best.

I didn't think I would be back to this point yet but I am mildly hopeful for the bowl game. We all know they are capable of so much more. I think we'll see a spirited effort and possibly borderline upset. Yes, I know how good UGA is and yes I know westruggle in big games against good teams but I'm beginning to feel the unexpected. Hopefully it is not just my desire and simpleminded rationale taking over. This game will be decided by a lot more than talent. If it is just talent and recent history, we're screwed. This game has to be about program and individual pride. Husker nation is desperate to wash the taste of Wiscy out of it's mouth and I have to believe this need is multiplied ten-fold for our players and coaches. If it is not, we have the wrong staff and wrong players. Conversely, the Dawgs have to be lamenting missing the NC game and I think their mindset will be a mixture of over confidence and dejection. If they come into the game even remotely like NU did against Washington in the Holiday bowl and we come in seeking redemption, it very well might turn out to be a game we could win. No I haven't been drinking but I may be trying to rationalize a reason to turn my TV on new years day.