FBS teams NU has never played

Nexus

Going by the current FBS landscape (which changes on a yearly basis it seems), these are the teams NU has never played in its 122 year history. Of the 33 teams listed below, 9 of them are BCS teams and 2 of them are teams we will be playing for the first time in back-to-back weeks in 2015. BYU & South Alabama.

BCS

Maryland

Boston College

Virginia

Louisville

Connecticut

Temple

South Florida

Kentucky

Vanderbilt

Non-BCS

Navy

BYU

East Carolina

Marshall

Memphis

Tulsa

UTEP

Tulane

Kent State

Bowling Green

Ohio

Buffalo

Miami (OH)

Massachusetts

Toledo

Central Michigan

Eastern Michigan

Louisiana-Monroe

Florida International

South Alabama

Texas State

UTSA

San Diego State

Boise State

• Fire 2

Going by the current FBS landscape (which changes on a yearly basis it seems), these are the teams NU has never played in its 122 year history. Of the 34 teams listed below, 9 of them are BCS teams and 2 of them are teams we will be playing for the first time in back-to-back weeks in 2015. BYU & South Alabama.............................................

hmmmm.......I thought slightly more teams. Aside from FBS and FCS thing, I'm curious what disbanded teams like Creighton, Pacific, etc. since WWI era.

I didn't know that, South Alabama, UTSA and Texas State moved up to FBS.

Going by the current FBS landscape (which changes on a yearly basis it seems), these are the teams NU has never played in its 122 year history. Of the 34 teams listed below, 9 of them are BCS teams and 2 of them are teams we will be playing for the first time in back-to-back weeks in 2015. BYU & South Alabama.............................................

hmmmm.......I thought slightly more teams. Aside from FBS and FCS thing, I'm curious what disbanded teams like Creighton, Pacific, etc. since WWI era.

I didn't know that, South Alabama, UTSA and Texas State moved up to FBS.

I knew about Texas State. Isn't Chicken Franchione coaching down there?

And considering how long Frank has been at Ohio, it's a sin that we haven't played them and given props to Frank during the game. :(

I seem to remember Nebr playing Navy once in the early 80's or late 70's but I could be wrong. Maybe it was a freshman game. It would be a nice gesture if we could honor Frank S during a game. Not sure playing them would be a good idea anytime soon. Hopefully after Frank retires and before Tom O passes. Even if some didn't care for his coaching, he was before that a good player on the early Devaney teams.

This is an interesting thread. Lets schedule Louisville before Watson leaves?

Louisville

Kentucky

Vanderbilt

Ohio

Miami (OH)

Central Michigan

Eastern Michigan

Boise State

Ohio? Central Michigan? It's a bit surprising we haven't played some of these teams. We'd be playing Boise in the next year of so --- if they hadn't been such greedly little wooses when we were trying to work the deal, that is.

I seem to remember Nebr playing Navy once in the early 80's or late 70's but I could be wrong. Maybe it was a freshman game. It would be a nice gesture if we could honor Frank S during a game. Not sure playing them would be a good idea anytime soon. Hopefully after Frank retires and before Tom O passes. Even if some didn't care for his coaching, he was before that a good player on the early Devaney teams.

This is an interesting thread. Lets schedule Louisville before Watson leaves?

I agree - I would like to see us play Louisville - besides my own town team Tulsa.

If the last go-around is any indication, we'll be in the same division as Maryland.

I dunno...I would think their opening up the debate on their website means they're open to ideas and that using something derived from the status quo won't suffice.

Granted, I won't be shocked to see both Maryland and Rutgers on our 2014 schedule as away games, but probably as crossovers. B1G wants to maximize their ROI, and no better way to do that than to put the second/third most popular football program in the conference on local TV sets.