DT Ben Bradley [Auburn Commit]

corncraze

Yup. Quite a difference between a specialty package, designed for obvious passing downs, and a base defense.

I wasn't even calling it our base defense I was simply comparing our 4-3 base defense to the 2-4-5 defense, which is where you all missed the point!! In our defense Eric Martin is called a DE even though he is really an OLB. You all jumped on me cause you all just wanted to gang up on someone, and you should all feel ashamed of yourselves. I just wanted to talk real football with you guys, and you guys just bashed me all day. Sorry if I got defensive but you guys are all really mean. I hope you are proud of yourselves!!

Yup. Quite a difference between a specialty package, designed for obvious passing downs, and a base defense.

I wasn't even calling it our base defense I was simply comparing our 4-3 base defense to the 2-4-5 defense, which is where you all missed the point!! In our defense Eric Martin is called a DE even though he is really an OLB. You all jumped on me cause you all just wanted to gang up on someone, and you should all feel ashamed of yourselves. I just wanted to talk real football with you guys, and you guys just bashed me all day. Sorry if I got defensive but you guys are all really mean. I hope you are proud of yourselves!!

Cool story bro. Move on now.

• Fire 2

Martin may be slightly undersized, but in our base defense, he is most definitely an end and not an olb. They do move him around and even stand him up in some obvious passing downs.

I will say that bo values versatility and packages, and employs stand up rushers at times, but what you describe is not viable against the run and is solely a specialty package.

I like Ben the more I research him the more I like. A lot of people were thinking that we were going with a 3-4, but what I realized is that we are basically going to a 2-4. The OLB will most of the time be in a three point stance, but all you have to do is stand them up and it is a 2 -4. It is a combination of a 3-4 and a 4-3. Cause we already run a two gap with the DT's. Instead of having a DE NT DE. We have two DT's. Honestly though. The type of DEs Bo is now recruiting are Eric Martin like. The are basically OLB's and will play that at the next level. So I think of the defense as a 2-4 with a peso like players in Evans. soon I believe Thomas Brown may be our next peso type guy. But with that type of defense. I would think you would need a NT/DT hybrids at your tackle positions. You want them big because you are giving up size for speed at the LB and DE positions. but you also want them to be agile enough for willing in the gaps not only up the middle but the guard/tackle gaps as well. A DT at 310 would be a perfect size for that. I think Ben and Toby would be perfect for Bo's scheme. Any combination with these guys and VV would be great especially due to the fact we are in the Big ten

Martin may be slightly undersized, but in our base defense, he is most definitely an end and not an olb. They do move him around and even stand him up in some obvious passing downs.

I will say that bo values versatility and packages, and employs stand up rushers at times, but what you describe is not viable against the run and is solely a specialty package.

See now that is a real discussion. I kind of agree and disagree cause I have thought about this. I think it could be viable against the run. But you would need the right kind of DT's to run it. The DT's should be coving the A and B gaps. The weak side DE/LB would play the 5 technique. For strong side DE I would put a little bit bigger DE like an Avery moss and run a 6 technique. On running down you could use your nickel or peso to support the run, possibly even the Safety. I think that could work against most if not all of the Big ten offenses.

I like Ben the more I research him the more I like. A lot of people were thinking that we were going with a 3-4, but what I realized is that we are basically going to a 2-4. The OLB will most of the time be in a three point stance, but all you have to do is stand them up and it is a 2 -4. It is a combination of a 3-4 and a 4-3. Cause we already run a two gap with the DT's. Instead of having a DE NT DE. We have two DT's. Honestly though. The type of DEs Bo is now recruiting are Eric Martin like. The are basically OLB's and will play that at the next level. So I think of the defense as a 2-4 with a peso like players in Evans. soon I believe Thomas Brown may be our next peso type guy. But with that type of defense. I would think you would need a NT/DT hybrids at your tackle positions. You want them big because you are giving up size for speed at the LB and DE positions. but you also want them to be agile enough for willing in the gaps not only up the middle but the guard/tackle gaps as well. A DT at 310 would be a perfect size for that. I think Ben and Toby would be perfect for Bo's scheme. Any combination with these guys and VV would be great especially due to the fact we are in the Big ten

Basically but not a real 2-4 I was simply pointing out the similarities!!

I wouldn't stand up the ends unless on passing downs. I was pointing out that the only deference in what we run and a 2-4 is that we don't stand up the ends. We do have a hard time defending the run with the peso. That is why I favor having DT's like Toby and Ben. There size and run stopping ability more then makes up for it. They can stuff anything up the middle, while still having the speed on the field to stop the runs to the outside.

So we basically run a 2-4 except our DE's are down? So it isn't a 2-4 at all...ok continue

You really think the DEs we are recruiting are made for this formation? Look at McMullen look at Gregory look at Natter. These are not OLB hybrid DEs. Martin played due to his motor and inability to be a solid LB and our deficiencies at the DE position this season. he is the exception not the standard.

How many years would we have him if he ends up here?

Im not positive, so Crewe, ez, or fowler feel free to lash me if im wrong, but from what ive found looks like 3 for 2. But doubt he'll RS if he comes here unless gets injured.

Bradley and Johnson 3 for 2

Gregory 3 for 3

I am almost certain these are the numbers

• Fire 1
How many years would we have him if he ends up here?

Im not positive, so Crewe, ez, or fowler feel free to lash me if im wrong, but from what ive found looks like 3 for 2. But doubt he'll RS if he comes here unless gets injured.

Bradley and Johnson 3 for 2

Gregory 3 for 3

I am almost certain these are the numbers

Spot on.