Jim Mora next San Diego Chargers coach?

It was pretty obviousl newweasel was not the answer, at least in my eyes. He had 4 years. His first 2 recruiting classes were spectacular if I remember. In fact, 2009 signing day, I remember espn putting him and UCLA on a pedestal becuase of the class they signed that year, saying how "back" they would be (them and Miami, haha). It was a total failure based on the supposed talent he brought in, which was veteran by his 4th year.

Mora Jr. would not be a first time NFL coach if I recall. Wasnt he coach at Atlanta?

And Seattle I believe

Yep, its basically a lock hes gonna be Chargers coach. Got a little info from a longtime Chargers season ticket holder and donor.

That's a pretty exclusive group - NFL season ticket holders - so you know the info is golden. BTW, who would donate money to an NFL team?

So far I've heard of SD, KC, Philly, Cleveland, Chicago, and Buffalo. Man, gonna be alot of new Head coaches in the NFL next year and I would expect a couple more places to open up yet like Dallas, Jax, maybe Carolina, and Arizona.

I don't think Dallas fires Jason Garrett this season. With the amount of injuries they had this year, it's a miracle they were even still in it in Week 17. I think Romo is probably gone, but that's about it.

All three local sports radio stations have said Garrett is more than safe this season; maybe they'll bring in an OC, and Callahan may be dropped. If anything, the Cowboys just need a few more non-injured, competent players and an owner that isn't trying to be Al Davis redux...and to replace their golf pro that plays QB from time to time.

As for Mora...pretty shady to just up and leave after one year. I fully expect the recruits to be kept in the dark about this as long as possible, though--UCLA will do anything to not fall behind USC again...

So far I've heard of SD, KC, Philly, Cleveland, Chicago, and Buffalo. Man, gonna be alot of new Head coaches in the NFL next year and I would expect a couple more places to open up yet like Dallas, Jax, maybe Carolina, and Arizona.

I don't think Dallas fires Jason Garrett this season. With the amount of injuries they had this year, it's a miracle they were even still in it in Week 17. I think Romo is probably gone, but that's about it.

All three local sports radio stations have said Garrett is more than safe this season; maybe they'll bring in an OC, and Callahan may be dropped. If anything, the Cowboys just need a few more non-injured, competent players and an owner that isn't trying to be Al Davis redux...and to replace their golf pro that plays QB from time to time.

If Aaron Murray goes to the draft and can play like he did against NU (minus the picks) I'd take him lol

I just don't know who you get to replace Romo. A buddy of mine says we should try to get Matt Flynn out of Seattle, but he's only thrown 141 passes in 5 seasons. That's not enough evidence for me to go out and buy a guy.

• 2 weeks later...

As a lifelong Charger fan I really hope Jim isn't our next head coach

Are you cool with them moving to LA?

Not at all. I grew up in San Diego so having my hometown team move to LA would be pretty heartbreaking. Without a new stadium plan though it seems likely

If the NFL lets a team relocated to LA then the NFL hasn't learned their lesson that the people of LA don't care that much about football.

• Fire 1

If they get it out of the ghetto, they might go. Not sure.

Have been to a lot of SC football games and honestly never feel safe leaving at night. Afternoon it is okay, but it is not a nice part of town any way to stretch. I know there has been a lot of talk about building a new stadium, but I really have not followed it.

I would guess if the Chargers moved to LA they would lose a lot of fans, there known as bandwagon/fair weather fans anyway. Have been to QualCom a lot of times for Chargers, Aztecs and SuperCross. Not a terrible stadium, and the parking is not as bad as some say. If you park on the North Side you can get out quicker than the SC or UCLA stadiums.