Can we avoid all the "sky is falling" posts please?

Branno

To allow essentially a middle screen to go for a 70 yard touchdown on 3rd and 11 is inexcusable. Once again, completely out coached coming out of halftime seemed to be the norm for our coaching staff.

Except for the four different games this past year where we went into halftime, made adjustments, and came back to win games we were down in, right?

I get the gripe you have. You're frustrated that we lost, and made mistakes. But people need to think a little before they make these kinds of statements. We have good coaches. They're inexperienced, but they're learning. And winning 10 games a season while learning how to win it all isn't so bad.

• Fire 2

To allow essentially a middle screen to go for a 70 yard touchdown on 3rd and 11 is inexcusable. Once again, completely out coached coming out of halftime seemed to be the norm for our coaching staff.

You seem to have forgotten the string of second half comebacks that typified the back half of our season and got Nebraska to this game.

The sky is not falling. We competed just about as well as we could've hoped for. Our defense stinks but we knew that going in. Special teams continued to be a non-plus to a detriment and I would say we got out coached (out adjusted) in the second half. But, we looked pretty good on offense, especially at the skill positions. This was a very good Georgia team. Lets not forget or ignore that they were seconds away from being number two and in the MNC game. It's easy to focus on the problems we have because they are so obvious but we are not that far away. Build up the lines a bit and get some mean guys with bad attitudes on defense and we coyld be in the hunt in the near future.

• Fire 1

How do you say that when outside of this game we have had how many second half comebacks this year?

I'd say for the majority of the season starting strong was a bigger problem

Let's not bring any actual facts into this conversation.

That slip screen call was a great call. We blitzed bc we couldn't get enough pressure on 3rd and long and Murray was converting them. We took a risk to get off the field. They made a great call with a little bit of a pick and away they went.

knapp, some people just don't share the same logic that you have.

To get an experienced coaching staff, you're going to have to start off somewhere. We decided to start off by hiring green coordinators, who will obviously go through some growing pains. But the reward in the end is usually worth it. There's something to be said about having chemistry on your coaching staff.

We have talent coming to the LB and DL next year. Our secondary is going to be fine, not many QBs are going to tear us apart like Murray did. Offensively we lose Burkhead, and put in Abdullah, who already proved how valuable he is. Martinez showed how committed he is to the program and his career when he worked on his passing mechanics in the offseason. He's probably going to do more of the same this offseason. He also fought every play today, and that attitude is infectious. Our WRs will be stronger than ever, and our offensive line, IMO, made a big stride in their blocking game. Three of them return to the trenches next year.

The biggest question going into the offseason will be what can be done to limit the turnovers? Notice we didn't fumble a punt today, which was a relief. Taylor also didn't fumble. The other question will be changes to the defensive line.

Guys, we have a very easy schedule next season, in comparison to this season. We have 8 home games. Our toughest trip will be to Ann Arbor. Things are shaping up to be special next year, and a hard fought like this could be the spark to ignite the process.

• Fire 1

To get an experienced coaching staff, you're going to have to start off somewhere. We decided to start off by hiring green coordinators, who will obviously go through some growing pains. But the reward in the end is usually worth it. There's something to be said about having chemistry on your coaching staff.

We have talent coming to the LB and DL next year. Our secondary is going to be fine, not many QBs are going to tear us apart like Murray did. Offensively we lose Burkhead, and put in Abdullah, who already proved how valuable he is. Martinez showed how committed he is to the program and his career when he worked on his passing mechanics in the offseason. He's probably going to do more of the same this offseason. He also fought every play today, and that attitude is infectious. Our WRs will be stronger than ever, and our offensive line, IMO, made a big stride in their blocking game. Three of them return to the trenches next year.

The biggest question going into the offseason will be what can be done to limit the turnovers? Notice we didn't fumble a punt today, which was a relief. Taylor also didn't fumble. The other question will be changes to the defensive line.

Guys, we have a very easy schedule next season, in comparison to this season. We have 8 home games. Our toughest trip will be to Ann Arbor. Things are shaping up to be special next year, and a hard fought like this could be the spark to ignite the process.

First it's nice to know that we "need" an very easy schedule to even think of having a special season. Secondly if Bo still finds a way to lose 4 games next year, how will people in thier right mind be able to defend him? He produced the worst defense in school history this year, yes even worse than the 2007 team.

The sky already fell a month ago :D

No, things are not so bad that they can't get better. Most of this team's issues are so fixable; therein lies most of the frustration, I think.

Nebraska could and should have knocked off a top SEC program today, and were doing it until they put the ball on the ground on a routine play.

First it's nice to know that we "need" an very easy schedule to even think of having a special season. Secondly if Bo still finds a way to lose 4 games next year, how will people in thier right mind be able to defend him? He produced the worst defense in school history this year, yes even worse than the 2007 team.

They'll just say "well he won 10 games so whatever"

I hate seeing the Huskers lose, but you have to admit the better team won. The Bulldogs went in to halftime and made the changes they needed to.

These types of losses are tough, taking it to a team that was 12 seconds away from the MNC for 3 quarters and squandering it in the fourth.

We had our chances and the game just didn't go our way.

Congrats to UGA. Hell of a QB you guys have.

Lets go and build on this loss, fix our problems, and shock the world next year.

That is exactly what I said after the Alabama-UGA game. We hung in there, but it was clear that Alabama was the better team. As, for UGA, this is the most prolific scoring team in our entire history. If you guys had played us most any other year this decade with your current team (a few exceptions), you probably win. Of course, our defense has certainly been better at times.

Nebraska decided after the Wisconsin game that they were not going to lose by giving up a bunch of rushing yards again and they didn't. They played a lot of man to man on the receivers and forced Murray to throw very precise passes to win this game. It was a good effort and if we didn't have Murray and some pretty talented receivers, UGA doesn't win this game. Good game today guys.

• Fire 2

I'm a kool aid drinking son of a gun. Thought the boys played a heck of a game today and the coaching was not too bad, all things considered. In my mind, the "all things considered" include: Playing arguably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the country......Not having nearly the horses on the field as our opponents.....Having good but green coaches......and having to bounce back from an embarrassing whipping in the CCG.

Lots to fix, but I'm already counting the days till next Fall. Hopefully we'll hear some encouraging things in Spring and actually have a spring game this year.

!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the sky is falling, but we haven't won any championship in a long, long time. I've just accepted that we're going to be a "pretty good" team at best from now on, and occasionally downright bad.

I really think that we've lost our recruiting pipelines (except for in-state kids). I know leaving the Big 12 was the right thing to do under the circumstances, but we all but eliminated any chance of getting good Texas recruits when we left. So where do we recruit now...Ohio? Pennsylvania? Michigan? Well sure, all of those places I guess. But we're going up against the likes of ND, Michigan, Mich. State, PSU, Ohio St., etc. Oh, and by the way, we have to convince those kids to come way out here to Nebraska. It's a long way for Mom & Dad to drive to see them play.

Maybe we can develop a good juco recruiting system. I hope so, because I think that's where we're going to have to recruit many of our players from now on.

Bottom line: I'm not very optimistic about the future of Nebraska football. I hope I'm wrong.

The sky already fell a month ago :D

No, things are not so bad that they can't get better. Most of this team's issues are so fixable; therein lies most of the frustration, I think.

Nebraska could and should have knocked off a top SEC program today, and were doing it until they put the ball on the ground on a routine play.

Bingo. Winner winner chicken dinner. That is it in a nutshell. It is especially frustrating when you realize there are obvious and easily fixable issues. A few d linemen, a few more athletes on D, and just a pinch more depth and experience on the O line and we really have something. That is not the sign of a team slipping back towards the Callahan era. That is a sign that things can get better with just a bit of recruiting luck, possibly some minor scheme adjustments, continued coaching experience, and more hard work. All obtainable things and nothing like the early to mid 2000's. We just went toe to toe for three quarters with arguably a top three SEC team.

Just curious AF Husker. How many players do you think we need on defense for the ship to be righted? I'd say a couple of DT's and a couple of linebackers. Which could already be on the team. I think if we played the same schedule next year we could easily win 10 of them. Don't let your hatred of Bo cloud your judgement. Bo will be a elite level college coach. I just hope WE are smart enough not to run him off.