Can we avoid all the "sky is falling" posts please?

Branno

Just curious AF Husker. How many players do you think we need on defense for the ship to be righted? I'd say a couple of DT's and a couple of linebackers. Which could already be on the team. I think if we played the same schedule next year we could easily win 10 of them. Don't let your hatred of Bo cloud your judgement. Bo will be a elite level college coach. I just hope WE are smart enough not to run him off.

That was the question I was going to ask where do we need to improve to make the next step BCS game? I know the line but one or two spots they picked on 17 coverage but is that do to the pass rush we only had if we blitzed

Sky already fell dude. I'm surprised you didn't realize this when most here were hoping to keep it within 3 td's.

I've pretty much ignored this place for the past month. I got tired of people who pretty much wanted to see us get destroyed today to prove their hatred of our coach is warranted.

We went toe to toe against a top 5 team, and almost pulled off a win in a hard fought game. We didn't get embarrassed, we showed a lot of heart and put up 31 points on what is essentially an NFL defense and gave up 45 points to a 1st or 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft if he declares for it.

I can't wait to see some of our redshirts playing next year. I can't wait to see us healthy. We're going to be scary

Just curious AF Husker. How many players do you think we need on defense for the ship to be righted? I'd say a couple of DT's and a couple of linebackers. Which could already be on the team. I think if we played the same schedule next year we could easily win 10 of them. Don't let your hatred of Bo cloud your judgement. Bo will be a elite level college coach. I just hope WE are smart enough not to run him off.

I'm less worried about that than I am him taking the next best job (in his mind): NFL, SEC, etc. I truly believe if he had accomplished a Stoops/Meyer/Saban type turn-around here, he'd have been offered and bolted for a perceived better/easier job. I like Bo. I just don't believe he sees NU as his "destination" job.

knapp, some people just don't share the same logic that you have.

To get an experienced coaching staff, you're going to have to start off somewhere. We decided to start off by hiring green coordinators, who will obviously go through some growing pains. But the reward in the end is usually worth it. There's something to be said about having chemistry on your coaching staff.

We have talent coming to the LB and DL next year. Our secondary is going to be fine, not many QBs are going to tear us apart like Murray did. Offensively we lose Burkhead, and put in Abdullah, who already proved how valuable he is. Martinez showed how committed he is to the program and his career when he worked on his passing mechanics in the offseason. He's probably going to do more of the same this offseason. He also fought every play today, and that attitude is infectious. Our WRs will be stronger than ever, and our offensive line, IMO, made a big stride in their blocking game. Three of them return to the trenches next year.

The biggest question going into the offseason will be what can be done to limit the turnovers? Notice we didn't fumble a punt today, which was a relief. Taylor also didn't fumble. The other question will be changes to the defensive line.

Guys, we have a very easy schedule next season, in comparison to this season. We have 8 home games. Our toughest trip will be to Ann Arbor. Things are shaping up to be special next year, and a hard fought like this could be the spark to ignite the process.

First it's nice to know that we "need" an very easy schedule to even think of having a special season. Secondly if Bo still finds a way to lose 4 games next year, how will people in thier right mind be able to defend him? He produced the worst defense in school history this year, yes even worse than the 2007 team.

I can take losses. At my age I have seen alot. What bothers me is the way we loose by setting yardage records everytime. To have those asshats at ESPN laugh, yes laugh at our defense or lack of on national TV is humiliating to the fans and team. I thought they played hard. Did I really think they would win? No, but at halftime I really thought we had a chance. Green is green and learning on the job is part in part what you get when you want to develope a coaching staff, but come on. I'm not saying anyone should lose their job, just study more, watch film and learn over the next few months. Embarassing.

LOL @ whoever said this year's defense was worse than 2007. You should be banned for even typing that.

Or maybe you shouldn't be so ignorant and should get educated. The 2007 schedule was MUCH harder than this year’s schedule. The comparisons are below:

2007 v. Top 25 O's (5 games) - 40 PPG - 491.8 YPG

2012 v. Top 25 O's (2 games) - 40.5 PPG - 621 YPG

2007 v. Top 50 O's (8 games) - 40 PPG - 494.25 YPG

2012 v. Top 50 O's (3 games) - 48 PPG - 580 YPG

2007 v. Top 75 O's (10 games) - 42.1 PPG - 493.1 YPG

2012 v. Top 75 O's (7 games) - 41.5 PPG - 481 YPG

LOL @ whoever said this year's defense was worse than 2007. You should be banned for even typing that.

Or maybe you shouldn't be so ignorant and should get educated. The 2007 schedule was MUCH harder than this year’s schedule. The comparisons are below:

2007 v. Top 25 O's (5 games) - 40 PPG - 491.8 YPG

2012 v. Top 25 O's (2 games) - 40.5 PPG - 621 YPG

2007 v. Top 50 O's (8 games) - 40 PPG - 494.25 YPG

2012 v. Top 50 O's (3 games) - 48 PPG - 580 YPG

2007 v. Top 75 O's (10 games) - 42.1 PPG - 493.1 YPG

2012 v. Top 75 O's (7 games) - 41.5 PPG - 481 YPG

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

• Fire 1

I don't think the sky is falling, but we haven't won any championship in a long, long time. I've just accepted that we're going to be a "pretty good" team at best from now on, and occasionally downright bad.

I really think that we've lost our recruiting pipelines (except for in-state kids). I know leaving the Big 12 was the right thing to do under the circumstances, but we all but eliminated any chance of getting good Texas recruits when we left. So where do we recruit now...Ohio? Pennsylvania? Michigan? Well sure, all of those places I guess. But we're going up against the likes of ND, Michigan, Mich. State, PSU, Ohio St., etc. Oh, and by the way, we have to convince those kids to come way out here to Nebraska. It's a long way for Mom & Dad to drive to see them play.

Maybe we can develop a good juco recruiting system. I hope so, because I think that's where we're going to have to recruit many of our players from now on.

Bottom line: I'm not very optimistic about the future of Nebraska football. I hope I'm wrong.

Is the bolded part serious?

What has hurt us more in Texas, is Texas A&M going to the SEC. They will be getting the top kids, trickle down slightly to Texas and then Oklahoma. Tech getting Kingsburry as head coach could really hurt the numbers to. TCU will take their share as a Big 12 member.

We will suffer in recruiting in Texas I think.

Not much can be changed this year, it is over. Still a lot of strife on the board, by some thinking their ideas are the only ones right and the side thinking the same. I would guess neither are right. A lot of things need to be done. Another year for the coaches to learn is going to help I think. I truly believe that is where are problems are during the games. The talent is not what a BCS team is made of, and never may be. I just hope learns to be the manager, pulls back a little and lets the new coaches learn their jobs, so they can do them.

I must admit, I was pretty impressed with Beck this game. Hated to see him go away from the run, but I think Sirles being dinged up caused that.

Either way, the game was no where near as bad as I thought it would end up. Kids played thier guts out and I am very proud of the effort. It took some good coaching to get their heads back is my guess. That is very encouraging.