Only 4 Teams With 9+ Wins Each Season Since 2008

They played hard, gave every effort until the end. I am proud of them for that. I really did not think they would show up like that. But to say the played well or good is a stretch. Giving up 500 plus yards normally does not mean the defense played well.

Bo got them motivated to play a tough game, they did the best they could. No need to say anything else.

1973 we played teams ranked 3,8,10,12,14,17,18 we were 5-2 against those teams

1974 we played teams ranked 1,13,18 and went 2-1

1975 we played teams ranked 7,7,12 and went 1-2

1976 we played teams ranked 8,9,13,17 and went 2-2

1977 we played teams ranked 3,4,7,14 and went 3-1

Totals 13-8

2008 we played teams ranked 4,4,7 and went 0-3

2009 we played teams ranked 3,13,20,22,24 and went 3-2

2010 we played teams ranked 7,10,17,18 and went 2-2

2011 we played teams ranked 7,9,12 and went 2-1

2012 we played teams ranked 7,12,20,22 and went 1-4

Totals 8-12

these are all per huskers.com

• Fire 1

1973 we played teams ranked 3,8,10,12,14,17,18 we were 5-2 against those teams

1974 we played teams ranked 1,13,18 and went 2-1

1975 we played teams ranked 7,7,12 and went 1-2

1976 we played teams ranked 8,9,13,17 and went 2-2

1977 we played teams ranked 3,4,7,14 and went 3-1

Totals 13-8

2008 we played teams ranked 4,4,7 and went 0-3

2009 we played teams ranked 3,13,20,22,24 and went 3-2

2010 we played teams ranked 7,10,17,18 and went 2-2

2011 we played teams ranked 7,9,12 and went 2-1

2012 we played teams ranked 7,12,20,22 and went 1-4

Totals 8-12

these are all per huskers.com

Between this gem and the "hurrah for the 90s comment" you're becoming one of my favorite posters.

Over time, if Bo stays for 15-20 more years and never wins less than 9 we'll look at it like we look at osbornes list of 9 win seasons. As a WHOLE of the sum. I impressed being on the list.

I don't think there's much chance he'll be here that long if he doesn't win something significant. And it would be nothing like T.O.'s 9 win seasons, with conference titles sprinkled in there.

Winning 9 games is great and all, but it's like being excited about not losing to Georgia as bad as we lost to Wisconsin.

It's a moral victory. We need to start winning championships at some point. And no, division titles don't count. Unless you're Missouri.

TO didn't win a conference championship for like 11 yrs.

BUT he still won 9 games during that stretch. It's still part of the whole TO package.

False. TO won a share of the title in 1975 and 1978. Even if you wish to not count those in this discussion, which is fair, Nebraska was still a perennial top 10 team, and never lost more than 3 games. To compare what TO did in those days to what is going on right now is a huge stretch.

Also bear in mind that OU was an absolute Juggernaut during that run also. There was a single team that TO just could't get past. And that team would the equivalent of Bama right now. OU didn't finish worse than 7 from '71 to '81 and most of those were 3 or better.

Well, the 75 CC was given to N after OU had some penalties and stuff. OU was on probation or sanctions or was embarassed by off the field issues literally every other yr after one of their 'ships.

So it took osborne how long to win an outright 'Ship when he took the wheels?

And blowout losses now are like close losses to ISU, CU, and Mizz back then.

My point is, Bo will win 'Ships here, and when he's not he won't be going 7-5 or 6-6 in the meanwhile.

No trophies? True c

Winning and winning right along the way? True

I don't think there is one person one this board who doesn't expect us to be fighting for championships every year or most years. That doesn't mean we can't have a little satisfaction when we have accomplished something only 3 other schools have done.

False. Winning 9+ games each season since 2008 is not an accomplishment, it's an arbitrary statistic.

There are no trophies involved.

That is very close to the most stupidest post I've read in a long time and their are quite a few of them.

the most stupid post i've read is that the defense played well against UGA, i would say they played hard but just because they tried doesnt mean they played well

Oregon

Boise St.

Alabama

Nebraska

Not bad company at all. Get the defense rebuilt, continue to get depth, and we have a program that can compete at a higher level for the B1G championships. Ohio State is rebuilding with a ton of talent so we need to build great depth to compete. The same with Michigan.

http://football.stas.../records/show-t eam.pl

And probably the only one that hasn't been in a BCS Bowl game...

1. Get me some popcorn, this is entertaining.
  2. YOU'RE BOTH RIGHT! Is it good that we are one of 4 teams that has won at least 9 wins over the last couple of years...yes. Impressive that we have won 9 games, not so sure. Have we been good over the last couple years...yes. Have we been impressive...hell no! I am tired of the blowouts, but I do look for signs of progress that will help soothe my hurt Husker fan ego. It's not a black and white issue; there are areas to be proud of & areas of concern.
  3. Enjoy the ride people! We will get back at some point. When???? Who knows when. It worries me that a large chuck of our fan base doesn't seem to understand that there are 130 other FBS teams that want to win 3 national titles in 4 years like `Bama did last night and Nebraska did in the 90's.
  4. Something tells me that a good chunk of the frustration on this board in the last 12 hours is more related to `Bama's performance last night than Nebraska's on New Years Day.

2. YOU'RE BOTH RIGHT! Is it good that we are one of 4 teams that has won at least 9 wins over the last couple of years...yes. Impressive that we have won 9 games, not so sure. Have we been good over the last couple years...yes. Have we been impressive...hell no! I am tired of the blowouts, but I do look for signs of progress that will help soothe my hurt Husker fan ego. It's not a black and white issue; there are areas to be proud of & areas of concern.
  3. Enjoy the ride people! We will get back at some point. When???? Who knows when. It worries me that a large chuck of our fan base doesn't seem to understand that there are 130 other FBS teams that want to win 3 national titles in 4 years like `Bama did last night and Nebraska did in the 90's.
  4. Something tells me that a good chunk of the frustration on this board in the last 12 hours is more related to `Bama's performance last night than Nebraska's on New Years Day.

I guess some of us didn't care for the praise heaped upon a team, that wouldn't stand up to our team head to head, that will probably have more sanctions against them than Iran here in the next couple years...

I guess some of us didn't care for the praise heaped upon a team, that wouldn't stand up to our team head to head, that will probably have more sanctions against them than Iran here in the next couple years...

:lol: A boy can dream! I've always thought Saban was dirty, but time will tell. The NCAA seems really reluctant to punish anyone in the SEC lately. I mean you can pay a father so that a player can win you a National Championship, but don't go getting any free tattoos or textbooks! :lol:

Listen, we played better defensively against Georgia than a lot of us were thinking. Did we play good defense? NO! But we played better than expectations. We played tougher than a lot of us were thinking was going to happen.

This stat doesn't prove that Nebraska is elite, it doesn't prove that Alabama or Oregon are elite either. All this stat points to is consistency. We are consistently winning a lot more games than we are losing, and that's something a lot of teams (119 to be exact) can not claim over the last 5 years. If our schedule was easy, so was Kansas State's, and so was Florida State's, and so was Florida's, and so was Auburn's, and LSU's, so why don't they make the list? It's because they are not consistent. We are, and that's why we make the list with Bama and the Ducks.

What makes teams elite is trophies. We don't have one, so we're not elite. But this consistency points to us being close. If we win one, we won't be a one hit wonder, we don't work like that.

• Fire 1

I see this being a positive sign. Especially for where our football program has been. Its not "lowering your expectations", its knowing reality and the fact that you can't become a National Title while your still rebuilding. Something Nebraska is doing, even at this moment, 5 years under Bo.

Again, I see this as a positive, like some others do, but your always going to have the other unhappy people who want to piss on anything positive.