Only 4 Teams With 9+ Wins Each Season Since 2008

Yea and a defense would help. How anyone can think we are almost there after the curb stompings we took this year is beyond belief. Any other program claiming that and we would laugh them out of the room.

I want this program to succeed as badly as anyone else, but I truly want to see us win games, not back into them to get our hallowed 9 wins. I do not want to dread facing a team with a pulse, know full well we could get blow out by 30 points. If we played the top ten programs and lost to all of them by a point it would be better than what we are now. We do not play on an elite level, Georgia still put over 500 yards on us. That is not elite, it isn't bottom rung.

Let this program do something that is relevant, the staff win a game they are not supposed. Let it win or lose on level standard, 500-600 yard games are not what we should expect, let alone accept.

We have a long 8 months before we have a clue of what we will have this year. Offense should be pretty good and will do okay in shoot outs, but long drug out drives on the defense will have a huge affect on the level of play.

In honesty I would rather lose all 12 games and be in them, than what we are seeing. Luck was rampant this year, and we can not depend on it to win what all are looking for. You need some, but we had plenty this year. Give me a defense that knows what it is doing every single play, plays every single play and a staff that can make adjustments as the game goes on and then you will have a team that has turned the corner. Winning 10 games with our schedule last year was really not that impressive when you look at the nuts and bolts of it. When you look at the losses you see the real story. Our defensive genius needs to get to work, and quit lying about knowing how to stop the run.

I would like two 7-6 and 8-5 seasons in an 8-year run of 11-12 wins and elite level competition, over a consistent 4-loss team that hits 11 or 12 once or twice a decade instead. Off the top of my head, that pretty much sounds like Oklahoma.

This team hasn't shown that it's a 9-10 win team every year as a low point, with higher results in the offing. It remains to be seen if we won't suffer those 7- and 8-win seasons anyway, with the 10-4s and 9-4s being our higher points.

We've been steady and that's cause for optimism, just as long as we don't start jumping the gun in proclaiming ourselves to be in elite territory.

I would like two 7-6 and 8-5 seasons in an 8-year run of 11-12 wins and elite level competition, over a consistent 4-loss team that hits 11 or 12 once or twice a decade instead. Off the top of my head, that pretty much sounds like Oklahoma.

This team hasn't shown that it's a 9-10 win team every year as a low point, with higher results in the offing. It remains to be seen if we won't suffer those 7- and 8-win seasons anyway, with the 10-4s and 9-4s being our higher points.

We've been steady and that's cause for optimism, just as long as we don't start jumping the gun in proclaiming ourselves to be in elite territory.

I honestly don't know which I would prefer. While I realize there's a legitimate point that 9-10 wins hasn't been a low point for us and we haven't gotten higher, the context of our circumstances with moving into the Big Ten can't be overstated.

Also, our history as a program has resembled the consistent 9-10 wins with occasional high years versus the alternative.

Yea and a defense would help. How anyone can think we are almost there after the curb stompings we took this year is beyond belief. Any other program claiming that and we would laugh them out of the room.

There isn't a single team that beat us this year that we weren't capable of beating. Not a single one. The proof is in the Wisconsin games - beating a team by 3 at home and then getting taken to the shed by 40 points a couple of months later tells me the problem on the team is coaching and discipline.

And then the Ohio State game. Ohio State was a better team than we were, but they were NOT 40 points better than us. They just weren't. We, however, fell into blowout mode and let them take us to the shed.

We're close to being pretty good, I really believe that. We see the ability, we just don't see the consistency. The challenge will be whether Pelini can figure out what piece of the puzzle he is missing, and I think it goes beyond 'we need a defense.' Our issues are mental issues, and that's what needs to get fixed.

And until Bo figures it out, we will continue the same thing year in and year out.

Wisconsin made a lot of changes during the year, found a QB and an OLine, Ball got bact to being healthy.

They played Ohio State to three points if I remember correctly. They improved through the year. If they had been late in the schedule, who knows what would have happened.

I believe it is coaching and short on talent, mismanagement of the freshmen. If we have kids setting on the scout team that will start this year, why not have them on the field. This redshirt crap is killing us. They are here to play and if they have the talent put them out there. Learn under fire rather than flushing a whole season down the drain because we do not have enough players ready to play.

So N goes 12-2 next yr winning the B1G. Losing a BCS game.

The following year we're 11-3 losing the B1G but winning, say, the Capitol One.

The next two years we go 6-5 and then 8-4.

Over 5 yrs: 47-18. (Counting 2012). With only 1 B1G championship and 1 decent bowl win. 2 yrs of playing for basically NOTHING.

All you hypocrites would be calling for Pelini's head. Nine wins means something. Hell, he's even won 10 games 3 times. 9 wins every 5 yrs keeps the carousel from turning at DONU. Because, for the simple fact, less than 9 means our rabid fan base would want changes NOW. ask solich and Callahan.

Exactly.

And things really started getting hot for him (I know, I know BESIDES his personal issues)

when he went 7-7. The 9 win streak was over and we got beat by a bad ole miss team. I remember EVERYONE complaining the 9 win streak was over.

This topic is always going to be downplayed and seen as no big deal, and no real indication of the state of our program by those who are routinely cynical and seem to have insatiable standards. It will always be uplayed and viewed as a sign of success to come and consistency by the koolaid pumping homers. I consider myself a homer. I have nothing against the other side. That's they way they/you are in viewing our program. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

• Fire 1

Exactly.

And things really started getting hot for him (I know, I know BESIDES his personal issues)

when he went 7-7. The 9 win streak was over and we got beat by a bad ole miss team. I remember EVERYONE complaining the 9 win streak was over.

They had it out for Frank. He turned the program around. Made major overhauls and went from 7-7 to 10-3. No one would have asked for more. Who knows what 2004 would have brought with Bo handling the defense for a second year. But I think Bo could handle a 7-6 season where we're competitive in the 6 losses. A couple things go different this year and we're 7-6...but 7-6 with close losses (where we still execute efficiently) would tell me a lot more about Bo than 9 wins and getting blown out in 3-4 games. It's those 9 win seasons where we're not competitive that is troublesome. You've got to be consistent throughout the year to win a championship. This team has been jekyll/hyde for the better part of the last 3 years now...which makes me think we are actually farther away from a championship than we were at the end of 2009.

Its not the wins or losses it is how the game is played, prepaired for and the adjustments made during the game that I am concerned about. In honesty, as I have stated I would much rather Nebraska had the games Wisconsin played. They showed a continous climb from a rough start to a pretty good finish against Stanford.

Improvement year in and year out is what is needed. Of course there will be short steps, but overall, the ability to see that we are making headway. I do not see it. I saw several games handed to us this year, wins of course. I saw four games where we were beaten in every aspect of the game and soundly. When does this change, every year since Bo has been here, we hear we have the best defense he has had since he got here. The results over all indicate an acceptable level of defensive production, but digging down and looking at the games shows a marked regression in his results.

I think it's time to stop shying away from lofting predictions. These things go in cycles. Our last well-set up run was in 2010. Taylor's a senior now and we've had ample time to recover from the recent losses to graduation. All those bright recruits are coming up the ranks and it's their time to shine. If this team is for real, now is their time to have a breakout year. No more 8-win predictions and then being upset when they surpass it.

Conference championship or bust!