College Football's Early Top 25 for 2013

This link shows Alabama repeating next year.

Ohio State - 2nd.

NU early preseason rank is 22nd.

Is this realistic in your opinion? Based on how we ended 2012 - probably so. No media love on NU until we start

winning something of significance. The jury is out as to when that will happen. I'd like to think we could get back

into the CCG and win it, but after the OSU blowout this pastyear and Myer given one more year as OSU coach - doubtful.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-early-top-25-2013

This link picks us 20th.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8778225/alabama-crimson-tide-headline-college-football-way-too-early-2013-top-25

With the number of returning starters on offense, should be around 15th or so................

I'd say with our O (with improved ball handling - reduce fumbles and penalties) we could be top 10 if we have a very good D. If we end up wt a D like this year, then maybe 15th as we should win at least one more game next year. But if the inexperience of the D becomes a big issue and we are worse next year on D then we finish outside of top 25.

With the number of returning starters on offense, should be around 15th or so................

I'd say with our O (with improved ball handling - reduce fumbles and penalties) we could be top 10 if we have a very good D. If we end up wt a D like this year, then maybe 15th as we should win at least one more game next year. But if the inexperience of the D becomes a big issue and we are worse next year on D then we finish outside of top 25.

We don't even need a very good defense, we just need an average defense to win A LOT of games next year with this offense.

Agree with the potential FINISH in the top 10; I was referencing preseason polls..........

We don't even need a very good defense, we just need an average defense to win A LOT of games next year with this offense.

What's funny is...even after the UCLA and I believe the Ohio St. debacles....the defense managed to get to #20 overall in the country at one time. The blowout losses and meltdowns need to stop if NEB wants to win a CCG. I just want more consistency from the D. If that happens, watch out!