WR Monte Harrison

Nexus

Someone get this kid a suitcase full of money!

I think a MLB team will take care of that.

Congratulations Monte, you just won the Warren Buffet March Madness bracket pool and got every pick correct. Here's your $1B...........................but only if you come to Nebraska and play WR for 4 years.

and baseball

and maybe basketball from what I've seen

• Fire 1

Someone get this kid a suitcase full of money!

I think a MLB team will take care of that.

Congratulations Monte, you just won the Warren Buffet March Madness bracket pool and got every pick correct. Here's your $1B...........................but only if you come to Nebraska and play WR for 4 years.

I see what you did there...

Take this for what its worth....

I saw 3 different projections of tralent for 2014 MLB draft. One has Mr. Harrison as 32 overall one has him as 41-(BaseballAmerica) overall and the 3rd had him outside the top 50(scout) unlisted.

One mock draft I did see was only for the 1st Rnd only and he wasnt on it.

Regardless, he is a phenomenal athlete with a bright future whether it be baseball or football I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do...but Im going to be a little selfish and I hope comes to play both sports at Nebraska

Take this for what its worth....

I saw 3 different projections of tralent for 2014 MLB draft. One has Mr. Harrison as 32 overall one has him as 41-(BaseballAmerica) overall and the 3rd had him outside the top 50(scout) unlisted.

One mock draft I did see was only for the 1st Rnd only and he wasnt on it.

Regardless, he is a phenomenal athlete with a bright future whether it be baseball or football I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do...but Im going to be a little selfish and I hope comes to play both sports at Nebraska

So based on these he is no worse than a 2nd round pick. As much as I would like to see him catching passes from Armstrong and Stanton for 4 years, his best bet is to take the money and run

Take this for what its worth.... I saw 3 different projections of tralent for 2014 MLB draft. One has Mr. Harrison as 32 overall one has him as 41-(BaseballAmerica) overall and the 3rd had him outside the top 50(scout) unlisted. One mock draft I did see was only for the 1st Rnd only and he wasnt on it. Regardless, he is a phenomenal athlete with a bright future whether it be baseball or football I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do...but Im going to be a little selfish and I hope comes to play both sports at Nebraska
So based on these he is no worse than a 2nd round pick. As much as I would like to see him catching passes from Armstrong and Stanton for 4 years, his best bet is to take the money and run

I agree. You never know whats going to happen and if you have a shot at taking that type of $ its crazy not to!

Even if he is a 2nd rounder, that is still a lot of money to turn down.

That being said, it has happened before. It depends where his love sits. He can still go to MLB and maybe he comes to NU and improves his stock therefore making himself more money while receiving a education.

But judging on other two sport athletes, it will be difficult.

I am genuinely curious when it has happened before.

That being said, it has happened before. It depends where his love sits. He can still go to MLB and maybe he comes to NU and improves his stock therefore making himself more money while receiving a education.

If there is anything I have learned from following my brothers path to the major leagues its that an 18 year old prospect is looked at much more highly than a 22 year old college graduate. It takes the average player about 3-5 years to work his way through the farm system to the major league roster. If a kid starts at 18 and is really good, he has a chance to make it by 21-23. The college guy will not make it til 26-27 and by that time, they are no longer considered a prospect because they are coming into their prime and only have a few good years left. I am sure he will have someone in his ear telling him this.

If there is anything I have learned from following my brothers path to the major leagues its that an 18 year old prospect is looked at much more highly than a 22 year old college graduate. It takes the average player about 3-5 years to work his way through the farm system to the major league roster. If a kid starts at 18 and is really good, he has a chance to make it by 21-23. The college guy will not make it til 26-27 and by that time, they are no longer considered a prospect because they are coming into their prime and only have a few good years left. I am sure he will have someone in his ear telling him this.

Plus they get to teach them exactly how they want them to play the game in their farm system. No such control in the college game.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/article_bb0e175e-889e-11e3-b597-0019bb2963f4.html#.UuiSu9MX-KA.twitter

"The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Harrison, of Lee's Summit, Mo., is a four-star-rated wide receiver, but a veteran recruiting analyst told me Tuesday that Harrison is worthy of five stars."

"If Monte Harrison isn't the best overall athlete among Nebraska's 23 known verbal commitments for the class of 2014, well, I'd like to see the freak who's more gifted in that regard."

• Fire 5