TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

Honestly...from my ignorant, uneducated, amateur perspective watching his video, I'm not too impressed.

His throwing motion reminds me of Sam Keller, and the ball doesn't seem to have much zip on it at all.

But I trust the staff and the services more than myself, so don't pay attention to me :)

I was just about to post "His throwing motion reminds me of Sam Keller", and then I looked and oh yeah, I've already said that.

• Fire 3

He needs a lot of work which is why he's not a 5 star abymore. Make no mistake, he's got all the tools to be a 5 star and very good QB, just needs the right coaching, which is why I think he might have transferred. This would be a huge pickup, and a good situation for him. We don't need an immediate starter so he will have a few years to develop.

This is my exact impression. Raw talent with all the tools, who needs some time to develop. Great scenario, given our current QB battle/depth.

Just curious. Why was he a 5 star in the first place?

In all seriousness though, his sophomore year he had sacks, interceptions, kickoff return td's in addition to the offensive side.

Is Dillman at the top of our QB wish list? If not and with the very real possibility that he commits soon, how do we play that with our top guy(s)?

The names we are in on, or are showing interest toward, at the QB spot are Dillman, Brady White, Deondre Francois, Tommy Stevens, Lorenzo Nunez, and Sheriron Jones. I could not rank them on NU board based on any specific knowledge. Personally, White and Jones should be at the top of the board based on how polished they are at the type of game they play (pro-style vs dual-threat), but each would be hard to pull from CA. However, if you are looking at upside, even if it is raw right now, Dillman would easily be in the mix with White and Jones and above Francois, Stevens, and Nunez. Of course, this is a bit of conjecture on my part.

It is a small class and we are stacked at QB right now, so I would think we would go one and done at the QB position.

Is Dillman at the top of our QB wish list? If not and with the very real possibility that he commits soon, how do we play that with our top guy(s)?

I don't think we'd tell Dillman no...White/Jones I like more right NOW, but like others said Dillman's potential is through the roof. And with TA, Stanton, and Darlington/Bush we can let Dillman develop. I'm not sure we'd close on White (Cal bound, imo) and Jones anyway. Telling a QB like Dillman no if he wants to commit this early would be tough/very risky.

He has to be right at the top of our board. I believe he was one of the first QBs we offered for this class.

I think his ranking will rebound with a good season. He had an Achilles injury last year that hurt his mechanics. He's moving to a Texas powerhouse that puts out some good QBs, and his coach is good friends with Beck.