Don't you think it's time to forgive Bill Callahan?

I already have. He just never really got it. I think if Tom had been here he might have had a chance. But Pedy doomed the whole thing from day one. I wanted him to win, and I do admire his loyalty to his friends. But that was the main problem with BC. Too loyal, too stuborn.

I wish him well as the OC of the Cowboys, not much of a fan of the NFL. But hope he makes it and possibly gets a shot at HC again, but only in the NFL.

I think he tried hard, gave it his best effort, just not what we needed nor enough. Time to move on.

Cally was put in a difficult situation. The roster was total garbage thanks to Franks crappy recruiting. Bill took over an empty cupboard. He can evaluate talent with the best of them but cannot develop it with the best of them

This is an assessment I agree with. Solich had it unfair following Osborne, but the fact is, he couldn't sustain momentum. The program was on the steady decline under him due to subpar recruiting (a lot of tough breaks in down-to-the-wire decisions for recruits). Eric crouch was the last shining remnant from the Osborne recruits and Boulder in 2001 blew the doors open on the decline. We would have played third fiddle to UT and OU under Solich, I agree with Pedersen. But why he didn't hire Bo in 2003 is beyond me. We'd most likely have had a few championships under our belt. But none of that is BC's fault. BC's downfall was mirrored down the road where Offensive Whiz RichRod was done in by his insistence on keeping Greg Robinson, a terrible D-coordinator at UM.

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

+1 for the Princess Bride quote.

As for Bill Callahan... what's to forgive? He did his own damage to himself. There's no forgiving that needs to happen, we just needed to part ways.

Sure, some of the fans are over-the-top in their hatred for the guy... but even considering that he was put in an awkward position, he just never fit into the culture here, and he never tried.

Does Bill Callahan forgive "Nebraska" for firing him? Does he even care anymore? I doubt it. Why should we?

• Fire 1

As for Bill Callahan... what's to forgive? He did his own damage to himself. There's no forgiving that needs to happen, we just needed to part ways.

Sure, some of the fans are over-the-top in their hatred for the guy... but even considering that he was put in an awkward position, he just never fit into the culture here, and he never tried.

Does Bill Callahan forgive "Nebraska" for firing him? Does he even care anymore? I doubt it. Why should we?

Yeah, I agree most parties that were involved the situation have moved on. I was speaking more to the incredibly nasty vitriol I see and hear directed towards him. It seems most fans should not be bitter towards the man or his tenure now that we are, by most accounts, stabilized as a program.

Yeah, I agree most parties that were involved the situation have moved on. I was speaking more to the incredibly nasty vitriol I see and hear directed towards him. It seems most fans should not be bitter towards the man or his tenure now that we are, by most accounts, stabilized as a program.

You must have forgotten the part when are nation leading bowl streak came to an end.