Don't you think it's time to forgive Bill Callahan?

What is the "Nebraska Way". This kind of thing to me gets thrown around a little bit too. We were just fortunate enough to have the same coach for a quarter century and we know interpret that as "the nebraska way". Maybe it wasnt the Nebraska Way. maybe it was Osborne's way.

Am i nuts?

Yes. I am nuts.

Do you guys forget that Bill had the Texas Tech debacle 70-10? The OU game where we scored with one second remaining to not get shutout? Getting whipped by unranked Kansas? The failed fake punt on our 29 when Auburn could do nothing all game long? Being a last second missed field goal away from losing to Ball State?

Do you guys forget that Bill had the Texas Tech debacle 70-10? The OU game where we scored with one second remaining to not get shutout? Getting whipped by unranked Kansas? The failed fake punt on our 29 when Auburn could do nothing all game long? Being a last second missed field goal away from losing to Ball State?

I haven't, nor will I ever...

I remember watching that game in complete and utter disbelief. That might have been the worst season I can remember...

I remember watching that game in complete and utter disbelief. That might have been the worst season I can remember...

Wasnt our only TD on a lucky slant route to LeFlore that happened to break for 6 from like 80 yards away? It couldve been 70-3. Just sayin.

Wasnt our only TD on a lucky slant route to LeFlore that happened to break for 6 from like 80 yards away? It couldve been 70-3. Just sayin.

yeah, I think you're right...

Sorry if I'm a bit hazy on the recollection of that, I've done my best to forget that...

I remember it because I drove from LA to Lubbock to see friends and go to the game. My friend had never been to a college game before in his life. During the game he became a big Tech fan, and razzed the hell out of me. My Patriots buddy called during the third quarter to remind me of the score, but by that time it was a laughing matter, far beyond anger and embarassment. The sad thing is I had been following Leach closely and had friends that were Texas Tech Boosters. He promised the president of the University that they would win and they would win big. I posted it on the board. All were laughing at the time. Terrible drive home and had to spend two days listenting to my friends Guns UP routine..

Yea he screwed things up, lost a lot of games, but at that game, prior during practice, he introduced the whole team to a midget/peewee team practicing near by. It was a pretty cool thing that morning, maybe should have practiced more. lol

I just have moved past it. Bad days, don't like living in that time period over and over. Forget about it, is all you can do. I think he is a pretty smart guy, knows how to be a Oline coach on the pro level. I think he did the best he could do. I have no hate or even anger over it. He was hired, failed and moved on. Pederson that is another story. I think he caused the culture problems, with past players and some boosters. He was the root of evil in my mind. I do not like that man, and I know him personally. Not a friend to the arrogant ass in any way. BC has moved on, it is time for Husker Nation to do the same. Now I do not see welcoming him back by anymeans. Solich I would like to see be acknowledged for his efforts and time here.

Look. The firing of Solich is always going to be up for debate. It may have left a blackeye on the program in terms of national perception, but as Husker fans, many of us have our sources and such. Most of us know in our heart that the firing of Solich was about more than wins and losses. We know deep down the on-field performance was more the excuse than the reason.

He was a BAD recruiter. Callahan started with a completely empty cupboard and had it stocked full by his last season with talent and potential. He was too loyal to his staff....sound familiar?

IMO the Head coach is a closer. The staff recruits. He had a new staff. I think that would of made a big difference. We will never know now...

I have nothing to forgive BC for. He did nothing to me personally. Should the fanbase collectively forgive him? I guess I don't see the point or, more importantly, how you would even accomplish that collectively. Look, there are two people to blame this whole deal on; Pederson and Callahan. Pederson is most culpable and the source of our angst and BC was just plain incompetent/incapable of doing a remotely decent job here for a multitude of reasons. I don't ever expect I will have anything good to say about either one of them. They both wrecked our program. Just because the program is on the mend and not the train wreck they left is no reason to start re-writing the history of what these two individuals caused to happen. They f'd Husker Nation and our beloved program. Forgive them? Nope. Blame them any less? Nope. Make excuses and defend them as to how they were actually capable in some small isolated areas of their jobs? Nope. Wish them good riddance? Absolutely. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya and never come round here no mo.