Braylon Heard Transferring...

Braylon, you know you want to stay!

Unfortunately, at this point with the cat out of the bag, and two days of speculation as to why, how, and when, it's probably too late. And, frankly, we'd all be better off now if he did just go through with it. The secrets out now that he is not 100% :bigredn: . I'm NOT questioning his character. I just see that it is what it is at this point.

Idk, it sounds like there might be quite a bit of confusion between the lines. We don't know how legit that youngstown article is, but his coach stated that he is really torn because Nebraska stuck it out for him. How much of that is true, I don't know. But I get the impression that Braylon really doesn't want to leave. But if he does, he does.

Braylon, you know you want to stay!

Unfortunately, at this point with the cat out of the bag, and two days of speculation as to why, how, and when, it's probably too late. And, frankly, we'd all be better off now if he did just go through with it. The secrets out now that he is not 100% :bigredn: . I'm NOT questioning his character. I just see that it is what it is at this point.

Idk, it sounds like there might be quite a bit of confusion between the lines. We don't know how legit that youngstown article is, but his coach stated that he is really torn because Nebraska stuck it out for him. How much of that is true, I don't know. But I get the impression that Braylon really doesn't want to leave. But if he does, he does.

Just for the record, that article of comments from his High School coach was filled with bullsh#t in my opinion. Maybe Im a minority here, but it just had a "screw Nebraska, screw Pelini" tone to it. Now, as far as Braylon goes, it has to be assumed that he is not 100% all in here. He had to say something or express some doubts about his position here to someone. That's why I think at this point, it may be the best for both parties if he did move on.

Yes, I would love for him to stay and prove me wrong.

At least you can't say the coaches didn't try to get him on the field. Sounds like they weren't even asking him to play full time WR, just a flex player I guess. Oh well, Braylon needs to do whats best for him. With or without him, we will be just fine.

For those saying we are deep at RB, you apparently haven't looked at the WR depth chart. Talk about deep, and these are kids who have played WR their whole lives. Yes Braylon move to WR, you'll get lots of time there.

Is it just me or do these HS coaches that tlk to the media about things like this always come off as looking like DBags? Elija Qualls coach was the same way. I think it is strange the way these HS coaches think it is okay to flap at the gums on behalf of these kids. If I am fortunate to have one of my kids good enough to play D-1 athletics, the HS coach will be one of the LAST people I would want speaking on my behalf.

Is it just me or do these HS coaches that tlk to the media about things like this always come off as looking like DBags? Elija Qualls coach was the same way. I think it is strange the way these HS coaches think it is okay to flap at the gums on behalf of these kids. If I am fortunate to have one of my kids good enough to play D-1 athletics, the HS coach will be one of the LAST people I would want speaking on my behalf.

I have thought the exact same thing. It is like they try to get their little moment in the spot light by speaking for the kid. It almost always seems to me to be a situation where the kid probably doesn't want the coach saying anything.

At least you can't say the coaches didn't try to get him on the field. Sounds like they weren't even asking him to play full time WR, just a flex player I guess. Oh well, Braylon needs to do whats best for him. With or without him, we will be just fine.

For those saying we are deep at RB, you apparently haven't looked at the WR depth chart. Talk about deep, and these are kids who have played WR their whole lives. Yes Braylon move to WR, you'll get lots of time there.

You do understand that most stories coming out weren't that he was being asked to switch 100% to WR and that it was just that the coaches wanted to work him into a package where he spent some time there to try to get both him and AA on the field at the same time....don't you?

I think the position switch is a convenient excuse made for the media. I don't hold it against anyone, I just don't believe it. Yes, it's tough to be bounced around a little, but being asked to play RB/slot WR and be used in more packages, and being envisioned as Johnny Rodgers, that just doesn't seem like a slap in the face. I think there are deeper issues here, probably Heard just doesn't like it or doesn't trust the staff after how he was utilized in his first two years...maybe injuries, or whatever it is. But reasons that are more private and which both parties figure don't need to be aired publicly.

Who said he would get a lot of time there? I sure didn't, so not sure why you quoted my post. Read the bold... as a flex player. You get him in at WR, run a triple option, or just to put him out there to block or to be a receiver, at least he is out there playing. This is what the coaches were probably doing, to make him happy, but it wasn't enough. I don't blame him, but I am the type of person to finish what I started and prove my worth.

Our WR's right now, don't mind doing what they have been doing. They knew and continue to know, they won't get a ton of reps, and that is why blocking is key in our offense.

I see people saying that the coaches were doing every thing they could to get Braylon on to the field by asking him to play receiver, but I really don't think that's how that position switch was going to unfold. Playing receiver for the first time in his career, who was he supposed to step in front of? Tarriq Allen, Jordan Westerkamp, Steven Osborne, not to mention KBell, Enunwa, and Turner? We're more loaded at WR than we are at RB.

I'm sorry, but I can't really defend the coaches on this one. Braylon looked way too good on the field, he looked fresh and electric every time he touched the ball. With the injury problems we had last year, there's really no good reason Heard shouldn't have had more carries. This also isn't hindsight - people were saying this all season long. If you go back and look, you'll find a couple "Where's Braylon Heard" threads from the middle of the season.

• Fire 1

Why the hell would they ask him to move again? Ridiculous, he's a very capable running back and we have great receivers so there was no reason to move him.

Yeah, we already have a quality slot receiver in Jamal Turner. Having Heard as a backup there too isn't exactly a strong attempt at getting him on the field. Putting him in at running back instead of exhausting Abdullah would have been the more sensible solution all the way around.

If the coaching staff was really just trying to "get him on the field", they would have just put him on the field.

Reports are they were trying to get him SOME REPS at WR.

Kenyon Barner had 278 carries this year. I'd guess Ameer would have the same next year.

De'Anthony Thomas had 90 carries this year and 45 receptions. I'd guess this is what they were trying to do with Braylon next year.

Oh yeah, Thomas averaged 1.2 yards per carry more than Barner. I don't hear him bitching or see him transferring.

De'Athony Thomas is probably THE MOST ELECTRIC PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I hear ZERO criticism about how he was used.

Kenyon Barner had 278 carries this year. I'd guess Ameer would have the same next year.

De'Anthony Thomas had 90 carries this year and 45 receptions. I'd guess this is what they were trying to do with Braylon next year.

Oh yeah, Thomas averaged 1.2 yards per carry more than Barner. I don't hear him bitching or see him transferring.

De'Athony Thomas is probably THE MOST ELECTRIC PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I hear ZERO criticism about how he was used.

Do you frequent Oregon message boards where criticisms of Oregon football are most likely to be posted?

Do you frequent Oregon message boards where criticisms of Oregon football are most likely to be posted?

Would you have a problem Heard getting those numbers? By all accounts, De'Anthony Thomas is better than Braylon and he isn't complaining.