Braylon Heard Transferring...

Its probably easy to say this but now but the McWilson thing is just the beginning. I have a feeling we will be battling Kentucky for a few players every year. I see them offering kids right after we do, kind of like UCLA. They will probably be a thorn in our side.

They are really pumped about this. They are respectful thou, calling us a top tier program, and saying we will be just fine because we have 2 studs coming in and we dont need him as bad as they do. They also think they are getting Jojo Kemp who i liked, but we turned down for Newby and Taylor, who i like better. Those guys are drunk on cool aid thou, some of those guys think they are going to win the SEC next year. They havent even won a confrence game in 2 years and they are going nuts with this Stoops thing. They have landed some pretty decent recruits thou. SEC and the Stoops name.

JJ I do think there's middle ground and room for criticism for this staff. This staff has a history of riding starters and rarely, rarely, rarely going to the backups. They find guys they trust and don't give the backups much time at all. On the one hand, it's not wrong for players to have to earn coaches' trust. On the other, it's something that left us with a very green and untested secondary in 2011 after all the other guys graduated. And here, I think it's fair to say it was strange that after Rex went down, Ameer became the absolute feature back without Heard complementing him to the same degree Ameer complemented Rex.

I think this staff has shown it's very reluctant to give its bench players time and that's a fair criticism in the roster management area.

This. Add to the areas of concern: safety in 2013. Center this year, DE, etc... I will be so bold as to say this staff has done a horrible job developing depth. If you are starter you play and if you are not you come in when the starter gets injured. Folks are kidding themselves thinking we are developing the back ups. Quite a few teams have used two RB's to great success this year. Bama, UGA and Wisky to name, but 3. Hell Wisky used 3 against us and all 3 got more than 100 yrds. Previously mentioned was the fact that although we played 4 guys this year at RB. The carries were not even close to be equal. Rex went out and they rode AA all year with little relief from Head who avg 7 yards per touch.

Cross is a beast, but he's not an every-down back. If Ameer goes down, we're in serious depth trouble and will be depending on a couple of freshmen to step up. That's scary. Also scary is the huge workload that we're going to dump on Ameer now. Those 80,90,100 carries that Braylon figured to get next year would make a huge difference in keeping Ameer fresh.

Exactly

Reading a few more articles and listening to some stuff, sounds like it may not even be a playing time issue and that he just wants a shot to play running back full time, so may be more about us asking him to move to the slot now, after DB last year, his high school coach also said Pitt is high on his list

Brown is great at developing these guys. He's pitiful at making more than one at a time contribute meaningfully. Out of three capable, talented backs--Abdullah, Heard, and Green--we've managed to keep one of them.

At the risk of possibly misrepresenting your point, it sounds like you're suggesting that Ron Brown's secondary (if not primary) job is to stroke the egos of these recruits. Because is it really his fault if they willfully leave? This isn't any kind of slam against Braylon, this is just a real question.

He's the coach. They're his players. They're subordinate to him and what he feels is best.

And before too much conjecture gets thrown out as to his abilities in that department, let's keep in mind where we ranked on the rushing big board. It was really, really high.

Not at all. Letting Green go was the right move. Ego isn't the point. My issue here is when your starter Rex goes down, it became the Abdullah show. If Braylon and Ameer were as close as everyone was suggesting (minus the possible groin injury), then two things don't make sense.

1. He didn't play more.

2. He was asked to change positions.

My comments are all based on limited information, but that information paints a picture of a capable player who sacrificed to be on this team riding the pine when it seemed like he was bursting for yards every time he touched it. Brown's job is to do what Bo and Beck tell him. If they tell him to manage the rotation and we're losing players constantly because they see no opportunity, even at #2, to play, I'd say that's a problem.

I'll also clarify that I don't think our offense is doomed without Braylon. It's just that he was damn capable and might have even been on the verge of a breakout season. Right now as things lie I'd take Braylon over either of the freshman this season. Our future at the position is still rosy bright, don't get me wrong. This is just a baffling situation, one in which the player does seem to have a legitimate beef. The players are subordinate to the coaches, but there comes a point where their strategy is losing us talent because all it's doing is warming the bench. How is that getting us closer to championships?

He was asked to play RB/slot like Barner does for Oregon. He could have been great in that role, while also taking handoffs from the Diamond. I wouldnt look at it as they asked him to change positions, i would say they were trying to get him involved more. It was rumored for ahwile that he hasnt been happy, along with a few other guys. If Marrow knew this and took advantage of this, that is beyond f'd up. Especially since Bo let him be around the team for the bowl. I dont think that will be happening again. Safe to say Bo and Vince are probably not great friends right now.

• Fire 1

Soooo the Kentucky rivals site is saying they are getting Mr Heard.

This is bullsh#t. It's funny thou one guy thinks they are going to win the SEC next year lol

The 5 week stretch of Louisville, (non-conference) Florida, USC Jr., and Alabama should be fun!

the guy said ...if they can just get by Louisville, Florida is down and they have beat Sc before, then probably lose to BAMA, but they will give them a game. LOL its pretty hilarious.

This is bullsh#t. It's funny thou one guy thinks they are going to win the SEC next year lol

The 5 week stretch of Louisville, (non-conference) Florida, USC Jr., and Alabama should be fun!

the guy said ...if they can just get by Louisville, Florida is down and they have beat Sc before, then probably lose to BAMA, but they will give them a game. LOL its pretty hilarious.

Ohh, in that case...well sure, because, ya know, I'm sure Miss St., Georgia, and Tennessee are going to be cakewalks, too.

The board on 247 is talking about it like its fact as well.

Question for whomever knows the answer, since we have to release him, can we make it only to certain schools, like could we release him to everyone except other B1G schools and Kentucky? Cuz that would be awesome!

I really want to get Kentucky and auburn on our non conf schedule in the next 4 years!!!

We have to release him and we could technically say he cant go to the Big 10 or a certain school, put it would be suicide to our staff. We may never get another kid from Cardinal Mooney anyway so what the hell.

I dont think it would bother Bo for him to go to Kentucky. I mean it would piss him off, but i dont think he would block it, think he would just say....good luck your going to need it :)

With Kentucky stealing one of our defensive guys, and now it looks like one of our offensive guys, this should put them in contention for the SEC crown. With these two additions, Alabama will get crushed.

What??

remember when we ran screens?

Tim Beck doesn't.

last i remember was with paul, but those usually did not turn out well. a lot of teams like to use them against us; those are fairly successful. if you are a run first team, you have to be able to utilize the screen.

Screens don't work well in our system. When you get an offense that tries to be "multiple," the defense will never be keying in on any one thing, and therefore you will be less able to burn them with a screen. Plus, this completely goes against Beck's style. He attacks. always. all of the time.