Braylon Heard Transferring...

Can't remember which game it was, but the announcers were wondering why the hell Heard didn't get more carries. They said Ron Brown mentioned he can't run between the tackles (which I personally think is every bit as laughable as the other excuses).

For a guy that was injured and apparently terrible at doing everything, it's impressive he was able to reel off ~8 yards every time he touched the ball.

Can't remember which game it was, but the announcers were wondering why the hell Heard didn't get more carries. They said Ron Brown mentioned he can't run between the tackles (which I personally think is every bit as laughable as the other excuses).

For a guy that was injured and apparently terrible at doing everything, it's impressive he was able to reel off ~8 yards every time he touched the ball.

Of course you can evaluate RB talent better than Ron Brown.

Criticizing how this staff manage playing time is absolutely legitimate. Anyone saying otherwise is lost.

It's legitimate. I just dont agree because none of us understand the full facts of exactly why his carries were lacking. I referred to his lack of passpro ability. That was the exact words of one of the coaches on the call-in show one night in response to the question of why does Braylon Heard not get more carries. It was along the lines of he's still struggling with the pass blocking scheme of things. Abdullah may get run over but at least he's picking them up. Usually all it takes is a chip. It's just my opinion on the matter based on what I heard from a coaches mouth, that's all.

As a sunshine pumping Bo supporter, I'm really actually coming around and trying to understand the concerns of those that have them, and am starting to see more and more of why those concerns exist. I just dont see this as one of those instances. I honestly Braylon is ready to move on to somewhere where he can get time and carries. He probably just sees the writing on the wall as mentioned earlier. He probably will wind up at an Ohio or Bowling Green/Kent St type place and be a star for them, and they will be flattered to have him.

There are concerns, they are legit. It doesn't have to mean I don't support Bo. To be completely honest my support does waver sometimes. The negativity that has constantly surrounded this program since he arrived really bothers me. Still, I want him to succeed because in the end I think it's best for this football program. That's all I care about. The welfare of this team. I don't like coaching changes, I don't like starting over and I don't like rebuilding. I just want to see an end to these repeated spells. These stories of bad news keep coming. This week has painted this whole program just plain ugly. We just keep fueling the fire for the folks that really seem to have no respect for Bo or this program.

I just want to see improvement. Bo has got to show that he is learning his role as a HC. This team has got to start improving. Right now, I don't see either. When we have a break down I mean we have break downs. Both on and off the field. Maybe it's not Bo's fault, but he is the head man so where else do you lay blame for some of the ridiculous stories that have come out of this program for the last few years?

Of course you can evaluate RB talent better than Ron Brown.

I wouldn't say that obviously, but Heard can run between the tackles. And that's beyond question.

It was a bogus excuse, which makes me question the other excuses. Rightfully so.

JJ I do think there's middle ground and room for criticism for this staff. This staff has a history of riding starters and rarely, rarely, rarely going to the backups. They find guys they trust and don't give the backups much time at all. On the one hand, it's not wrong for players to have to earn coaches' trust. On the other, it's something that left us with a very green and untested secondary in 2011 after all the other guys graduated. And here, I think it's fair to say it was strange that after Rex went down, Ameer became the absolute feature back without Heard complementing him to the same degree Ameer complemented Rex.

I think this staff has shown it's very reluctant to give its bench players time and that's a fair criticism in the roster management area.

I'd agree with this--the younger guys not getting reps--at nearly any position on the team *except* RB. At RB it seems like we'd routinely get carries from two or three guys. Heard had 350 yds this year as the #3 guy on the depth chart. Not all of it in mop up duty either.

Yes, I agree with you on playing time issues. There is middle ground and we are within reason to question why someone like Heard maybe didn't see the field as much as many of us thought he should. I'm right there with ya. I don't understand why a smallish AA was overused when it appeared Heard could have contributed more. I also question why we seem to never get the younger guys more game time to help develope them. But, I do find it frustrating when some posters manage to turn every issue into a problem with Bo. I was commenting more out of frustration with that than maybe I should have been. My point was that there has to be at least a rudimentary level of trust with the coaching staff or everything will be made into a doom & gloom prospect. I did not mean to imply that we can't or shouldn't ever question coaching decisions. It just seems that is all some do.

I know we have a talented group of running backs. I know we have a home-run threat QB. I know we have a solid group of recruits coming in at this position.

It still sucks that we're losing Heard. Kid has heart, and worked his ass off to make grades to get here.

I'm just going to go ahead and be unhappy about this. Bugger.

Soooo the Kentucky rivals site is saying they are getting Mr Heard.

This is bullsh#t. It's funny thou one guy thinks they are going to win the SEC next year lol

The board on 247 is talking about it like its fact as well.

Question for whomever knows the answer, since we have to release him, can we make it only to certain schools, like could we release him to everyone except other B1G schools and Kentucky? Cuz that would be awesome!

I really want to get Kentucky and auburn on our non conf schedule in the next 4 years!!!

JJ I do think there's middle ground and room for criticism for this staff. This staff has a history of riding starters and rarely, rarely, rarely going to the backups. They find guys they trust and don't give the backups much time at all. On the one hand, it's not wrong for players to have to earn coaches' trust. On the other, it's something that left us with a very green and untested secondary in 2011 after all the other guys graduated. And here, I think it's fair to say it was strange that after Rex went down, Ameer became the absolute feature back without Heard complementing him to the same degree Ameer complemented Rex.

I think this staff has shown it's very reluctant to give its bench players time and that's a fair criticism in the roster management area.

I'd agree with this--the younger guys not getting reps--at nearly any position on the team *except* RB. At RB it seems like we'd routinely get carries from two or three guys. Heard had 350 yds this year as the #3 guy on the depth chart. Not all of it in mop up duty either.

Yes, I agree with you on playing time issues. There is middle ground and we are within reason to question why someone like Heard maybe didn't see the field as much as many of us thought he should. I'm right there with ya. I don't understand why a smallish AA was overused when it appeared Heard could have contributed more. I also question why we seem to never get the younger guys more game time to help develope them. But, I do find it frustrating when some posters manage to turn every issue into a problem with Bo. I was commenting more out of frustration with that than maybe I should have been. My point was that there has to be at least a rudimentary level of trust with the coaching staff or everything will be made into a doom & gloom prospect. I did not mean to imply that we can't or shouldn't ever question coaching decisions. It just seems that is all some do.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the PT division was balanced at RB. Far from it. I would've rather seen Heard get about twice as many carries as he did. I didn't think we dropped off at all when we put Braylon in for AA. I'm just saying that it seemed like at some other positions besides RB we didn't seem to sub much at all.

This is bullsh#t. It's funny thou one guy thinks they are going to win the SEC next year lol

Question for whomever knows the answer, since we have to release him, can we make it only to certain schools, like could we release him to everyone except other B1G schools and Kentucky? Cuz that would be awesome!

I really want to get Kentucky and auburn on our non conf schedule in the next 4 years!!!

We are supposed to "release" him.

Also, I am excited to see if their are any NCAA allegations of improper recruiting with Marrow at Kentucky. This is NOT a coincidence.

We are supposed to "release" him.

Also, I am excited to see if their are any NCAA allegations of improper recruiting with Marrow at Kentucky. This is NOT a coincidence.

Yes he must be released from his scholarship before he can transfer to another school. Didn't Bo Ryan get flak for not accepting a player's release a year or two ago?

Loved B Heards running style! So fluid and instinctive! His running style conjures up the beauty of Ken Griffey jrs swing! Gonna be missed, was looking forward to him killin it next year.

Agreed couldn't have said it better myself. +1

I think he is a fine RB, but am I the only one who thought he ran to upright? Also, he was incredibly fast, but I didn't notice must ability to be elusive.

He is gonna be good, but give me Abdullah every day of the week....

Abduallah isn't going to be able to handle the 40 carries a game we give our backs. Add in the fact that tempo will be greatly improved, and maybe a few less turnovers and you're looking at 45 carries a game. You keep bringing it back to Ameer - but the fact of the matter is that Heard is MUCH better than Cross when it comes to those other 15-20 carries that Ameer won't be able to handle. He gives us more options offensively (even you said Cross is less than ideal in a number of offensive situations). It's gonna sting. Just like we didn't "need" Castile a few years ago...but I can remember a number of times that season where I kept saying to myself that it would have been nice to have him in there....

Amen

I thought Heard had the best burst and field vision

He also holds onto the ball

We have to release him and we could technically say he cant go to the Big 10 or a certain school, put it would be suicide to our staff. We may never get another kid from Cardinal Mooney anyway so what the hell.

I dont think it would bother Bo for him to go to Kentucky. I mean it would piss him off, but i dont think he would block it, think he would just say....good luck your going to need it :)

• Fire 1