Braylon Heard Transferring...

Guys. I cant stand stand Saban and the double standard he gets to live by. Just agree with me for the sake of my own ego, please

See the double standard is that people say he has success at Michigan State and his best season was a nine win season. Bo has a ten win season and he's a pathetic coach. Saban also never won a bowl game at MSU.

I might add- LSU was no gem when Saban got there- far worse off than the NU gig

Previous 11 seasons- before he got there- only 3 winning seasons

58-65 AND the last 19 games prior to Saban getting there- LSU was 4-15

He won a League title there in year 2, and a National Title in year 4

SO he had a lot of success with other coaches players- so much for the has the best talent thing

So dislike him and the SEC too (I do)- those are the inconvenient facts

The guy is a great coach

He also resurrected the dead at Bama

After taking over that grease fire- he won a National Title in year 3 and consistently has dominant teams

Again doing so with other coaches players then with his own

I like Bo- but he isnt in the same conversation as Saban, Osborne is

We will never know, until the NCAA makes recruiting a level playing field regulating recruiting limits.

The NCAA already does have limits, they are called rules

To even everything out- make it 100% equal

Do like the YMCA does, throw everyones name into a hat and have everyone draw slips of paper out

At the end of every game (which ends in a tie) you drink juice boxes, join hands and sing kumbaya together

Intelligence, expertise and effort can't be "evened out"

Comments/weak attempts at humor like that, are usually signs of those lacking intelligence...nice....

Wow. You must have skipped the last Mensa meeting. (Quite the contrary, it is those who believe they are of superior intellect who most often jump to insinuations and conclusions about anyone who dares question their assertions). But leaving that for you and Dr. Phil to digest, I'll ignore the hypocrisy and move on to the question at hand.......i.e. whether or not Saban is worthy of the statue you have erected for him.

And, for what it's worth, he does have an impressive resume but your argument that he was at a different point in his career is one that could be buttressed by anyone in the discussion. Surely Bo will be a better coach in 5 years than he is now just as surely as T.O. grew on the job. My dispute with your contention is that when he has had "comparable talent", it is not necessarily born out that he has always been the superior coach.

That was the sole motivator for my response. However, feel free to expand that to whatever degree you feel is necessary, since you have self-qualified yourself as the arbiter.

Woe to any poster who dares feign sarcasm in your zip code. (sign attached for clarification.........weak humor and lacking intelligence you see...... :sarcasm

More insinuations.... Sarcasm is fine, but your comment was one that would be made by a 16 year old girl, with a C average. It was telling, because you were obviously offended by me questioning of your own assertions (hypocrisy). I'm not going to continue to argue with you over signs of intelligence, or lack there of. Neither you, or that discussion is worth my time. Now, on with the conversation. You're going to penalize a coach for having the ability to bring in superior talent? There isn't a top flight coach out there that doesn't have that ability. Now, does Saban manage to accumulate better talent than most everyone else? Sure he does, but in my opinion that is part of being considered an excellent coach in the college game. I understand what you're saying. Is he the best X's and O's guy? Probably not, but when I turn on an Alabama game I see a well-disciplined team, who is confident, aware, and just damn good....

Personally, I don't think he is the greatest coach ever, but he deserves to be included in the conversation based off of his accomplishments alone....

I think you and I differ on what characteristics make up a "great" coach....

So now you have to be a college educated person, 23yr old male/female with a 4.0 to have a conversation?

Damn, I'm f'd.

It was made clear this young man WILL NOT be transferring to Kentucky.

Can't wait to hear the details on this one ...

What's the point of that? It's not like Kentucky is an actual threat to our program. We aren't going to play them. It would just be an FU to Marrow at Braylon's expense. Doesn't strike me as very classy.

What's the point of that? It's not like Kentucky is an actual threat to our program. We aren't going to play them. It would just be an FU to Marrow at Braylon's expense. Doesn't strike me as very classy.

Did we reject his transfer?

I don't think it has anything to do with Kentucky being a threat to us, or anyone for that matter, but more for the fact of Marrow possibly trying to recruit kids who are already in our program. Something that is illegal, and the NCAA would most likely investigate. Since Heard isn't transferring to Kentucky, then Marrow isn't trying to recruit our kids, except for the high school kids. I think this is what you were meaning, if not, ignore lol.

I'm his release papers it was stated he can transfer anywhere but a BIG school or Kentucky.

Thats good news, on our part. Still wonder if Marrow had something to do with it and Pelini was smart enough to make sure he wouldn't allow Marrow to take advantage of him.

I have my theories about the situation..

I'm his release papers it was stated he can transfer anywhere but a BIG school or Kentucky.

Thats good news, on our part. Still wonder if Marrow had something to do with it and Pelini was smart enough to make sure he wouldn't allow Marrow to take advantage of him.

I have my theories about the situation..

So do I lol. I just think Pelini knew something and decided to stop it if his hunch was right.