Braylon Heard Transferring...

Doubt the full story every makes it into the public eye, regarding Marrow/Bo/Braylon.

Heard already disappointed in the staff "situation" and his usage as a player, <insert name here> may have taken advantage of this knowledge to encourage player to be more downtrodden than before.

Just remember - Bo values loyalty over anything else.

Marrow showing some true colors right now...

I've never Been a conspiracy theorist, and I always try to look for the positives.....that being said.....it's awful strange and something stinks here. Why all of a sudden are we in recruiting battles and fighting against Kentucky. I have never considered them a threat ever and now they are all up in our business. I doubt the NCAA can prove much here but for the fans who follow this.....it's b.s. and to think I wanted to keep marrow and ditch cotton :( boy was I wrong

I've never Been a conspiracy theorist, and I always try to look for the positives.....that being said.....it's awful strange and something stinks here. Why all of a sudden are we in recruiting battles and fighting against Kentucky. I have never considered them a threat ever and now they are all up in our business. I doubt the NCAA can prove much here but for the fans who follow this.....it's b.s. and to think I wanted to keep marrow and ditch cotton :( boy was I wrong

I was never in favor of that last part. Mainly because we need two coaches at OL right now. At least until Garrison can get the job down and they can find Barney a spot in the office. I don't think we will see Barney on the sidelines or coaching here that much longer, but I don't think Bo will fire him.

IMO, no one was worth firing to keep Marrow. All he brought, were a few good Ohio connections. If Nebraska does well in the B1G season next year, Bo, Els, and Papuchis will have a stronger connection. Marrow took one guy, just one, who may not have even cut it at Safety in our defense. He could have just been an average CB for anyone knows. You could say we lost two, but non of the coaches even wanted Maurice. Bo Sandland, he could have been another loss because of Marrow's departure, but I still don't believe he was sold. Just my opinion on that one.

Comments/weak attempts at humor like that, are usually signs of those lacking intelligence...nice....

Wow. You must have skipped the last Mensa meeting. (Quite the contrary, it is those who believe they are of superior intellect who most often jump to insinuations and conclusions about anyone who dares question their assertions). But leaving that for you and Dr. Phil to digest, I'll ignore the hypocrisy and move on to the question at hand.......i.e. whether or not Saban is worthy of the statue you have erected for him.

And, for what it's worth, he does have an impressive resume but your argument that he was at a different point in his career is one that could be buttressed by anyone in the discussion. Surely Bo will be a better coach in 5 years than he is now just as surely as T.O. grew on the job. My dispute with your contention is that when he has had "comparable talent", it is not necessarily born out that he has always been the superior coach.

That was the sole motivator for my response. However, feel free to expand that to whatever degree you feel is necessary, since you have self-qualified yourself as the arbiter.

Woe to any poster who dares feign sarcasm in your zip code. (sign attached for clarification.........weak humor and lacking intelligence you see...... :sarcasm

More insinuations.... Sarcasm is fine, but your comment was one that would be made by a 16 year old girl, with a C average. It was telling, because you were obviously offended by me questioning of your own assertions (hypocrisy). I'm not going to continue to argue with you over signs of intelligence, or lack there of. Neither you, or that discussion is worth my time. Now, on with the conversation. You're going to penalize a coach for having the ability to bring in superior talent? There isn't a top flight coach out there that doesn't have that ability. Now, does Saban manage to accumulate better talent than most everyone else? Sure he does, but in my opinion that is part of being considered an excellent coach in the college game. I understand what you're saying. Is he the best X's and O's guy? Probably not, but when I turn on an Alabama game I see a well-disciplined team, who is confident, aware, and just damn good....

Personally, I don't think he is the greatest coach ever, but he deserves to be included in the conversation based off of his accomplishments alone....

I think you and I differ on what characteristics make up a "great" coach....

So now you have to be a college educated person, 23yr old male/female with a 4.0 to have a conversation?

Damn, I'm f'd.

Well, two of the three words in your avatar are spelled wrong, so...... :sarcasm :sarcasm

Doubt the full story every makes it into the public eye, regarding Marrow/Bo/Braylon.

Heard already disappointed in the staff "situation" and his usage as a player, <insert name here> may have taken advantage of this knowledge to encourage player to be more downtrodden than before.

Just remember - Bo values loyalty over anything else.

Marrow showing some true colors right now...

Yeah. There's a couple of guys not really happy with him or Mark Stoops right now including family members who don't think things are being done the right way. Its a one year blip and he won't have access to our info after our first run at the JR's this spring. But in three years when he's looking for a job I don't think he's getting a letter of reference and I would guess he'll be back at the high school level just by the bridges he's burning at the college level.

I try give people the benefit of the doubt in situations like these, and not listen to conspiracy theories. But it seems clear Marrow stepped over the line. Way over the line. The guy is a slimebag. Who knows, maybe he’ll thrive in the SEC.

I really wonder how Mike feels about this. Has to be incredibly awkward.

I think he has the support from the his team mates to not let it bother him much. I don't think he had anything to do with McWilson, personally, but I do think he is stuck between Husker Land not liking his father and him still wanting to play for us.

I don't hate V Marrow, but I just don't care for him, whether he had anything to do with Heard or not.

It is all about winning and it happens every day in business. I think we just stole a Missouri top recruit, I heard something about it last night. You can not blame a guy for taking something that will help him, we do it if it is possible. If we are not good enough in the kids mind to keep him, give him a path to where he wants to go, that is on the staff.

I do not endorse quitting, but it really is on the staff to keep him or not. Errors most likely were made, but in honesty that is what you get with a new coach, new staff with NFL backgrounds. Play the work horse till it drops, even at 80%. If that is the attitude, why were the 80% even recruited, not good enough to play over a hurt player.

Given time Bo will figure the roster management situation out. When to Redshirt, when to play and figure out that the kids work hard and their only desire is to play, even in crap time it helps. NFL coaches have a tough time figuring this stuff out as they are used to only the top players.

Still a quitter is a quitter, once he leaves, if he does, I could careless what happens to him, has nothing to do with Nebraska.

It is all about winning and it happens every day in business. I think we just stole a Missouri top recruit, I heard something about it last night. You can not blame a guy for taking something that will help him, we do it if it is possible. If we are not good enough in the kids mind to keep him, give him a path to where he wants to go, that is on the staff.

Nothing wrong with that

HOWEVER IF Marrow had anything to do with encouraging Heard to leave, that is a NCAA violation and my guess is what has many people uptight about.

There is also a bit of a gray area on ethics when it comes to using info you gained on someone elses payroll to directly influence an outcome, just weeks removed from being on said teams payroll. Doesnt pass the slime test

None of what we did to poach Mizzou was anything even close to the above 2 situations.

We didn't solely land a MIZZOU recruit because we hired a MIZZOU coach who had knowledge of certain aspects and played those aspects up to help us take that recruit from them. We just offered the guy because we thought he was worthy. Kentucky ---> Marrow specifically, was trying to poach recruits.

Like Da Skers said, he has burned bridges for a reason...

We honestly have no idea of how much involvement, or if there really was any. The kid has not left, and is still on the team as far as I have heard. We should wait until we know the whole truth, if we ever do. This may all be rumor/kid home sick, and some have jumped to conclusions.

As far as recruiting when you leave a school, Bo did the exact same thing when he left here to Oklahoma. We had a star line backer that set around for awhile when Bo got here over this exact same thing. So we need not to say we are so perfect it seems to me. This exact same scenario is one of the reasons I did not want Bo here, but it is what Bo was doing when he went to Oklahoma. There were the same inner conversations (NCAA infractions) about Bo recuriting people on the team, causing unrest with players here, and offering a place to go. Never brought it up because I never felt it was the thing to do. Payback is a mother some times.