Braylon Heard Transferring...

I wish there was a lot more video out there of this brilliant man! I bet he did so many amazing things that a lot of us who aren't old enough have probably never seen. This guy was one of the greatest of all times. Yes QMany, Braylon and Ameer should be star struck. They should also respect the men who have run the ball for this program. In my opinion, we've had the greatest Backs ever to play at one program. There's just so damn many good ones who wore the "N". If Braylon walks away, he'll be leaving a great opportunity. I know I said I can't blame him for wanting to leave, and I won't blame him if he does. But man oh man I'd love to see this kid work a little harder, put the blinders on and grind, thinking about nothing less than running the ball for the Big Red.

Who knows why the kid wants to go, but had he been happy I doubt some former stafff member at a different team would have caused him to leave. For some reason Heard seems to not think it is best for him to stay at Nebraska. Time will tell if he is right. If his is right that may mean our staff could not keep a gem, or it may just show how good the the rest of the backs are that he is challenged by. Who knows?

We honestly have no idea of how much involvement, or if there really was any. The kid has not left, and is still on the team as far as I have heard. We should wait until we know the whole truth, if we ever do. This may all be rumor/kid home sick, and some have jumped to conclusions.

As far as recruiting when you leave a school, Bo did the exact same thing when he left here to Oklahoma. We had a star line backer that set around for awhile when Bo got here over this exact same thing. So we need not to say we are so perfect it seems to me. This exact same scenario is one of the reasons I did not want Bo here, but it is what Bo was doing when he went to Oklahoma. There were the same inner conversations (NCAA infractions) about Bo recuriting people on the team, causing unrest with players here, and offering a place to go. Never brought it up because I never felt it was the thing to do. Payback is a mother some times.

The full story will never be brought to the public eye. A lot of less than favorable things happened behind the scenes.Even if Heard does stay, it doesn't change the fact that Marrow used some rather shady tactics to even solicit the guy leaving.

Side note: Everywhere Bo has went and was the lead recruiter for someone, he always pushed for that person to stay at the school that recruited him. He was selling the kids on a school, not on their relationship with him. For him to turn around and "talk" down about the school that he was once representing would go against his moral fabric and who he is as a person. Also, its fine taking kids when they say "hey, I really want to play for you. You're the biggest reason I committed to X. Would it be okay for me to follow you to Y?" But manipulating the situation is entirely different.

Well Bo did the exact same things when he left the first time. This came almost instantly on departure. The player was Dillard, he played well his last year, but was in the dog house most of the time Bo was here. I truly expected the kid to leave when Bo was hired. Bo did cause unrest in the team, telling the Bullocks their new Defensive coach had no clue, they should be playing this scheme. One left early over the deal supposedly. There were a lot of rubs with the staff. His acions were no different than Marrow's as he was actively working against the new staff, giving current players reason for leaving. I know he was bitter at the time, where I think Marrow was treated fairly upon departure.

I think this type of thing happens a lot more than we think.

• Fire 1

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip

Folks keep asking if there's a chance Braylon Heard could remain with #Huskers. I'd say it's a very remote possibility. Let's say, 5%.

Am I the only one that is over this guy wanting to transfer? If you're not getting the playing time you want, then work harder and climb the depth chart. I think we have a couple guys coming in that are ready to do that (Newby, Taylor)....

Folks keep asking if there's a chance Braylon Heard could remain with #Huskers. I'd say it's a very remote possibility. Let's say, 5%.

Am I the only one that is over this guy wanting to transfer? If you're not getting the playing time you want, then work harder and climb the depth chart. I think we have a couple guys coming in that are ready to do that (Newby, Taylor)....

He was my favorite player, but I agree with you here. Work for it, or jump ship. I am not going to lose any sleep or let it change my emotions whether he stays or goes.

Good luck Heard, with whatever decision you choose and good luck wherever you go. If you stay, good luck as well!

He was my favorite player, but I agree with you here. Work for it, or jump ship. I am not going to lose any sleep or let it change my emotions whether he stays or goes.

Good luck Heard, with whatever decision you choose and good luck wherever you go. If you stay, good luck as well!

I'm ok with whatever decision he comes to, but in my opinion he owes this staff to stay. They were behind him through his struggles, and they've got a lot invested in him....

Well Bo did the exact same things when he left the first time. This came almost instantly on departure. The player was Dillard, he played well his last year, but was in the dog house most of the time Bo was here. I truly expected the kid to leave when Bo was hired. Bo did cause unrest in the team, telling the Bullocks their new Defensive coach had no clue, they should be playing this scheme. One left early over the deal supposedly. There were a lot of rubs with the staff. His acions were no different than Marrow's as he was actively working against the new staff, giving current players reason for leaving. I know he was bitter at the time, where I think Marrow was treated fairly upon departure.

I think this type of thing happens a lot more than we think.

Huh. That's interesting.

Bo did cause unrest in the team, telling the Bullocks their new Defensive coach had no clue, they should be playing this scheme. One left early over the deal supposedly.

Uh, please tell me you're not talking about Kevin Cosgrove? Because it's fairly well established that he did NOT have a clue.

Or are you saying that Bill Busch came up with defensive schemes on his own?