When will we get there??

gin_32

I think we are fighting an uphill battle to really be relevant again. Our population is not growing, kids are wanting to live in warm weather climates, the population center is moving to the southern states.

I think we can continue to be a team that dances with greatness, but to expect it to return to the 90's or even the 20 years prior are not realistic. Too many things stacked against us. I think we are at about the top of our curve, with a few 11-12 win seasons. Being competitive with Ohio State and Michigan is going to be far tougher than Oklahoma and Texas. Losing the Texas recruiting will hurt us, if it did not this year.

Play the game right, treat the kids like they should be and expect their best performance possible. Win what we can, hope to win them all, but like was stated earlier, it just seems to get farther away.

Alabama

Okahoma

Notre Dame

Lsu

USC

I have long live in my life to wonder what my huskers can be and yet yield what they deserve. The path that they conquere. I'm only 37, but I said that like 20 years ago when they were going to make college history. I guess I just expect it more but ever year seems less and less. Anyone else feel the same?

How is USC an elite program?

I think we are fighting an uphill battle to really be relevant again. Our population is not growing, kids are wanting to live in warm weather climates, the population center is moving to the southern states.

This is false. Weather doesn't play a big factor like you think. Kids are going to the SEC cause they are winning and getting those players in the NFL.

This is false. Weather doesn't play a big factor like you think. Kids are going to the SEC cause they are winning and getting those players in the NFL.

I completely agree, give Urban Meyer a couple more years and he will probably have a top 5 recruiting class every year. Its all about who's the hot item right now and thats the SEC and whoever espn wants to sensationalize

The weather is just a plus. The hardest thing to do is get a highly ranked kid out of Ohio, California, Florida and such. Staying home is a huge factor.

Weather is a major factor in the population shift. With population shift comes more talent in that area. The south has been growing for quite awhile. Playing in warm weather is mentioned by a lot of the kids that stay in the south. I mean SoCal Texas and the SEC.

Most do not say they want to go play in the snow.

Ohio State has been drawing top classes for awhile now. Winning is key. We have yet to prove we can do that. Possibly this year.

Ohio State has been drawing top classes for awhile now. Winning is key. We have yet to prove we can do that. Possibly this year.

That's the thing. TO had one of the best recruiting classes of his career the year or two before he retired. It's no coincidence it came on the heels of two national titles and a trip to the Big 12 title game.

Winning cures a lot of issues. There's a lot that goes into recruiting, but if we consistently won 11-12 games and national titles, it'd significantly help our recruiting.

Nebraska has every resource available too them, aside from a fertile local recruiting hotbed, to be able to win multiple national championships in our lifetimes. Our fan support is unrivaled.... Our facilties, and gameday experience are among the best in the game. As Pelini said, this place is special, and it can sell itself to the right kind of recruits. I think there will be another season (probably multiple in my opinion) where we have the right guys on the team, and win another National Championship. I think as a fanbase, we worry about our national relevance. Nebraska still matters nationally. That is why when we have a hot start to season they want to shoot us up the rankings (like in 2010 when we were ranked 5th going into Texas game). Our top 10 recruiting class is indication that we are important.

Nebraska is still very capable of winning National Championships. I believe we have the right coach in place, and he is gathering the right players in order for us to get this accomplished....

it funny how everyone says scout sucks until they rank us in the top ten for recruiting

When did I say Scout sucks? :dunno Yeah, never did....

A lot of things have to line properly to win a championship, a combination of good coaching, player leadership, and talent. More stock in one of those categories can make up for lacking in another. We could in improve in all three areas, and aren't good enough in any one area to make up for inconsistencies in another.

Some coaches can come in and win right away, others take take time to win, and some never do. Some coaches also aren't made to be head coaches but are damn good coordinators.

I believe Pelini still has the potential to be a very good head coach. He's learning. He's not like Nick Saban, who had several head coaching positions at Michigan State, LSU, and with the Dolphins, before landing at Alabama. Pelini's challenge, as any coach's challenge is, is to recognize deficiencies and the areas you could improve, and then improve on those areas.

I still care about the Huskers, but I've tried my best to become a fan of the sport a little more and less of the team. It's made me enjoy the games more and also get over the losses quicker. It's possible we may never win another championship, and we could also win 5 more in my lifetime. You just never know. As fans, we can't really control much, and it's important to keep that in perspective.

Talent and coaching are a part of winning the N.C. But let's not forget that even T.O said it takes alot of luck and the ball bouncing your way in many games.

See Shevin Wiggins sneaker...............

Also see Gilman's fumble against Miami that was ruled not to be a fumble...when I thought it clearly was...

Nebraska has every resource available too them, aside from a fertile local recruiting hotbed, to be able to win multiple national championships in our lifetimes. Our fan support is unrivaled.... Our facilties, and gameday experience are among the best in the game. As Pelini said, this place is special, and it can sell itself to the right kind of recruits. I think there will be another season (probably multiple in my opinion) where we have the right guys on the team, and win another National Championship. I think as a fanbase, we worry about our national relevance. Nebraska still matters nationally. That is why when we have a hot start to season they want to shoot us up the rankings (like in 2010 when we were ranked 5th going into Texas game). Our top 10 recruiting class is indication that we are important.

Nebraska is still very capable of winning National Championships. I believe we have the right coach in place, and he is gathering the right players in order for us to get this accomplished....

it funny how everyone says scout sucks until they rank us in the top ten for recruiting

When did I say Scout sucks? :dunno Yeah, never did....

didnt say/mean you specifically just thats how the board seemed to be and now everyone is bragging about a top ten class from scout

I understand the examples he's using, even though a few of them have fallen on their collective asses in the past couple years.

Anyways, to get there, I think there are so many variables to that equation. Kids remaining healthy, good recruiting classes, good coaching, schedule, etc, etc...

For us to get "back there", it isn't just any one thing.