***Official Weather Thread***

Woke up in Aus this morning to see videos of the twister crossing I-80 at the Hwy 6 exit. Sounds like Lincoln proper dodged a bit of a bullet.

Apparently there was a smaller one near the Kawasaki plant, which is REALLY close to where I used to live (Highlands). I remember having a close call there when I was about 4-5 years old.

• Plus1 1

It'll be interesting to see what category these reached.  I've read a few posts saying this particular cell had wind speeds in the 230 mile range.  That's F5 if accurate. The tornado near Harlan, Iowa had a debris radar of nearly 4 miles.  

• Plus1 3

What an absolute mess around Lincoln and Omaha.   What I’m trying to figure out is how many different tornadoes were there?

I have a number of friends on the west side of omaha.  Luckily, I haven’t found any with major damage other than one by Blair that lost some out buildings…their house is still standing though. 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What an absolute mess around Lincoln and Omaha.   What I’m trying to figure out is how many different tornadoes were there?

I have a number of friends on the west side of omaha.  Luckily, I haven’t found any with major damage other than one by Blair that lost some out buildings…their house is still standing though. 

It looked like the entire area was a giant super cell with vortices coming down all over the place.  This gives a pretty good indication of the numbers.  A lot.

Today might be even worse especially the through Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.  Nebraska isn't out of the woods yet.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We have a couple different nieces that both had minor damage but a 3rd niece, her husband’s co-worker house is absolutely gone. The whole lot was leveled to the dirt. Picture looks like what we saw in Moore Oklahoma 10+ years ago. Not good.

• Worth a Look 1
8 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

Woke up in Aus this morning to see videos of the twister crossing I-80 at the Hwy 6 exit. Sounds like Lincoln proper dodged a bit of a bullet.

Apparently there was a smaller one near the Kawasaki plant, which is REALLY close to where I used to live (Highlands). I remember having a close call there when I was about 4-5 years old.

This is my neighborhood. From what I understand, it didn't touch ground. There's no tree damage, or any kind of damage, anywhere that I can see.

• Plus1 2