2014 Combine

If Taylor improves at the same rate as he did a year ago from a mechanics standpoint, and his leadership and on-field performance improve at the same rate as it did a year ago, not only do I think he has a chance to be a pro qb, but he'll probably be one of the top qb prospects. With that being said, I dont think that happens. Taylor is great. We are lucky to have him. Unfortunately, I believe he may be close to his pinnacle as a qb. I just dont see how he'll be anywhere close to showing as much improvement as he did a year ago.

If Taylor improves at the same rate as he did a year ago from a mechanics standpoint, and his leadership and on-field performance improve at the same rate as it did a year ago, not only do I think he has a chance to be a pro qb, but he'll probably be one of the top qb prospects. With that being said, I dont think that happens. Taylor is great. We are lucky to have him. Unfortunately, I believe he may be close to his pinnacle as a qb. I just dont see how he'll be anywhere close to showing as much improvement as he did a year ago.

Yea its hard enough to make as big an improvement as he did last year, let alone do it twice

I'm just not seeing all that improvement you saw last year. He improved - but not by as much as you imply. IMO, our WR corp were the ones that improved by leaps and bounds...and that in turn translated to Taylor's higher completion percentage which everyone attributes to these drastically improved mechanics. They were better - especially early in the year...but when it counted he reverted back to a lot of his bad habits.

He was healthier, and his WRs were much better. Beyond that - it just hasn't been the improvement we'd hoped for when he burst onto the scene in 2010.

in 2011 he was 162/288 with 8 INTs (1 in 36 attempts) and a 126 rating being hobbled for some of that. IN 2012 he was relatively healthy all season and was 228/368 with 12 INTs (1 in 30 attempts) with a 141 rating. Improvement...yeah - but a dozen or so less drops in 2011 (and there were far more than that to choose from) and he's sitting almost equal statistically. Decision making (at times) was a little better, leadership was improved. But not enough to consider him a drastically better player.

EDIT: With that said - and since the thread title mentions the combine...Taylor will definitely turn some heads at the combine for his athleticism. (i'm really curious to see his 40 time - Denard ran a 4.43 projected as a WR). Then again it's all to be expected so maybe it will go more unnoticed. Maybe someone will take a shot on him at QB w/ a late pick - knowing they have a WR in him if all else fails. He's not physical enough to be a DB. Not even sure how he'd fare as a WR.

I do not believe that Taylor will be looked at as a QB in the NFL. He may be looked at, but probably as a receiver or DB. For those who said you seen improvement last year over the previous year, well I can see some but think a majority of his improvement was due to Nebraska running the same offense for two consecutive years for the first time since he started. He should be even better this year since he already knows the "O" calls and audibles. Let's hope he does and the problematic turnover and dumb penalty issues get corrected, then greatness can happen! :power

I see Taylor being invited. He will probably be drafted as a RB or a WR, just because he isn't the NFL Caliber QB. We should have quite a few kids being invited.

Spencer Long

Cole Pensick

Jeremiah Sirles

Taylor Martinez

Quincy Enunwa

Jason Anrah

Ciante Evans

Stanley Jean Baptiste

Mohammad Seisay

Thad Randle (if he has the projected year the coaches expect)

The other ones, that I could see as well, if they have a good year, is...

Andrew Rodriquez

Brent Qvale

Andrew Green

I don't think all of these guys will get an invite, but at least half of them should.

I see Taylor being invited. He will probably be drafted as a RB or a WR, just because he isn't the NFL Caliber QB. We should have quite a few kids being invited.

Spencer Long -- Yes

Cole Pensick -- No

Jeremiah Sirles -- No

Taylor Martinez -- Yes, probably not as QB

Quincy Enunwa -- Maybe with a good year

Jason Anrah -- Doubt it unless he lights it up this year

Ciante Evans -- Has a decent chance

Stanley Jean Baptiste -- No, unless he gets a lot more playing time this year and shows something

Mohammad Seisay -- Same as SJB

Thad Randle (if he has the projected year the coaches expect) -- Don't see it

Andrew Rodriquez -- No

Brent Qvale -- No

Andrew Green -- Maybe with a good year

I don't think all of these guys will get an invite, but at least half of them should.

Spencer Long -- Yes

Cole Pensick -- No

Jeremiah Sirles -- No

Stanley Jean Baptiste -- No, unless he gets a lot more playing time this year and shows something

Andrew Rodriquez -- No

Brent Qvale -- No

Niles Paul got an invite and he didnt have what I would really consider a good year his senior year. Enuwa will probably get the invite because of his size, the looks the part of big time wr, if he has a year like he did last year he wont be that far off from what niles paul's career totals. plus if the scouts pay much attention Paul didnt have to share catches with the kind of wideouts that Enuwa has

Spencer Long -- Yes

Cole Pensick -- No

Jeremiah Sirles -- No

Andrew Rodriquez -- No

Brent Qvale -- No

Niles Paul got an invite and he didnt have what I would really consider a good year his senior year. Enuwa will probably get the invite because of his size, the looks the part of big time wr, if he has a year like he did last year he wont be that far off from what niles paul's career totals. plus if the scouts pay much attention Paul didnt have to share catches with the kind of wideouts that Enuwa has

NM. I didn't read Nick's original post carefully. :lol:

Spencer Long -- Yes

Cole Pensick -- No

Jeremiah Sirles -- No

Andrew Rodriquez -- No

Brent Qvale -- No

How are players selected for the NFL Combine?

Participants are determined annually by a Selection Committee. The Directors of both National and BLESTO scouting services, which combined represent twenty-five NFL teams, are joined by members of various NFL player personnel departments to form the committee. The participating NFL executives can rotate on a yearly basis, and remain anonymous. ALL eligible players are reviewed and voted on by the committee members. Each athlete receiving the necessary number of votes, by position, is then extended an invitation. While it is not a perfect science, the goal of the committee is to invite every player that will be drafted in the ensuing NFL Draft.

Just because they didn't have an elite year, doesn't mean they won't get an invite. I think most of those guys I have listed, can be a contributor at the next level. Like I said in my last comment, I don't see all of them getting an invite, but those players would have the highest chance of our team. There are many players in the combine you question why they are there, they were voted, because multiple teams are interested in their performance/strength/endurance.