CB Kenzo Cotton

Haspula

I hope just because he's getting BCS offers we don't jump the gun on an offer to him. Absolutely would love to get his speed on the football field, but at this point in time he's a track person who plays football. Maybe we offer him to get him in the program, but I'd rather have football players.

Over on RSS panties are totally in a bunch over Wiscy and KSU offering, saying if we knew what we were doing we'd have offered by now too. Considering all we hear about the kid is what he can do on a track I don't have a problem with getting him into camp and getting a better idea of what he can do on a football field before offering.

Leave it to eveyrone on RSS to get their jimmies rustled about Kenzo not being offerd yet. All of those guys over there know way more about Husker football than any of us h8tr$, especially Sam.

Thing is it's haters that are going off on this. Same people that would have been up in arms about settling if we offered a local 2* before are now saying the staff is incompetent because Wiscy and KSU have offered and we haven't.

Ya of course there are some sunshine pumpers like Sam and LH over there but there are also plenty of guys that just bitch and take potshots at the program/staff constantly. I'm tired of the crap over there, thinking about quitting rivals and going with 247.

I just laugh at all the guys over there, RSS has really gone down hill in the past 2 years. Used to be a place where you could go and get good solid info, now it's a joke. Not to mention that wifi is over there now.

I love how everyone here just knows he's going to be a piss poor football player and that he should stick to track.

I've watched his film and he just needs to grow a bit and he'll be a fantastic CB. He's got the speed and has good field vision. He takes good pursuit angles. I say get him in here and see what he can do :) Obviously, Oregon and Wiscy see something in him as well otherwise they wouldn't be interested.

If either one of those schools snake him out of our backyard, it'll be very bad.

Never one time did I claim he was a bad football player. Nice try though.

What if he doesn't grow?????

It will not be a huge loss if he leaves the state for football.

• Fire 1

I hope just because he's getting BCS offers we don't jump the gun on an offer to him. Absolutely would love to get his speed on the football field, but at this point in time he's a track person who plays football. Maybe we offer him to get him in the program, but I'd rather have football players.

Over on RSS panties are totally in a bunch over Wiscy and KSU offering, saying if we knew what we were doing we'd have offered by now too. Considering all we hear about the kid is what he can do on a track I don't have a problem with getting him into camp and getting a better idea of what he can do on a football field before offering.

Leave it to eveyrone on RSS to get their jimmies rustled about Kenzo not being offerd yet. All of those guys over there know way more about Husker football than any of us h8tr$, especially Sam.

Thing is it's haters that are going off on this. Same people that would have been up in arms about settling if we offered a local 2* before are now saying the staff is incompetent because Wiscy and KSU have offered and we haven't.

Ya of course there are some sunshine pumpers like Sam and LH over there but there are also plenty of guys that just bitch and take potshots at the program/staff constantly. I'm tired of the crap over there, thinking about quitting rivals and going with 247.

247 is the best by far. Most of the good posters have left for 247. Great place to be

I love how everyone here just knows he's going to be a piss poor football player and that he should stick to track.

I've watched his film and he just needs to grow a bit and he'll be a fantastic CB. He's got the speed and has good field vision. He takes good pursuit angles. I say get him in here and see what he can do :) Obviously, Oregon and Wiscy see something in him as well otherwise they wouldn't be interested.

If either one of those schools snake him out of our backyard, it'll be very bad.

My only problem with the whole what if he doesn't grow or pan out is, what if he burns our corners and safeties for three or four years while at say Wisconsin?

My only problem with the whole what if he doesn't grow or pan out is, what if he burns our corners and safeties for three or four years while at say Wisconsin?

He'd have to get off of a jam from a corner that has 2 inches and 20 pounds on him first. As Paul mentioned as well he doesn't get good separation at his current level.

He'd have to get off of a jam from a corner that has 2 inches and 20 pounds on him first. As Paul mentioned as well he doesn't get good separation at his current level.

touché' lol

Funny, Bo is in a no win situation here, no matter what he does. He takes him, and we are accepting lower rated recruits because we "whiffed" on bigger ones. If we dont take him, same people will complain (and already are) that we are missing on recruits in our own back yard. Somehow Bo takes the blame, even thou its a staff decision.

Its funny reading facebook comments, man, some people are just plain stupid....good for some laughs thou

Funny, Bo is in a no win situation here, no matter what he does. He takes him, and we are accepting lower rated recruits because we "whiffed" on bigger ones. If we dont take him, same people will complain (and already are) that we are missing on recruits in our own back yard. Somehow Bo takes the blame, even thou its a staff decision.

Its funny reading facebook comments, man, some people are just plain stupid....good for some laughs thou

I definitely agree. I would prefer us take them and let people bitch about being low rated. I really hate when I see a Nebraska kid excelling somewhere else when we decided not to offer. But, I guess we need to trust Bo and co. Also I am in no way saying I don't want these kids to be successful I am just selfish when it comes to Nebraska Athletics

I definitely agree. I would prefer us take them and let people bitch about being low rated. I really hate when I see a Nebraska kid excelling somewhere else when we decided not to offer. But, I guess we need to trust Bo and co. Also I am in no way saying I don't want these kids to be successful I am just selfish when it comes to Nebraska Athletics

To make it even tougher, this will be a smaller than usual class. If Bo could take a 25 kid class, I feel Kenzo definitely gets the offer.

Curtis Cotton, as already mentioned was a testing phenom and great athlete. Never really excelled otherwise. He was definitely a contributer on the team, but his testing numbers didn't translate to the field. Kenzo may be the same thing. It is a tough call. Not all great athletes are great football players. I have run across it many times in my coaching days.

We are going to have a corner that is 6'3" 210. Wowsers! I didn't know we had another SJB waiting in the wings

We are going to have a corner that is 6'3" 210. Wowsers! I didn't know we had another SJB waiting in the wings

I think some people think Cotton is a small kid or something. He is 6'1 190...thats a good size corner, or reciever. I know his dad never paned out even though he was great athlete., I have a feeling this kid is going to prove the doubters wrong

Curtis Cotton, as already mentioned was a testing phenom and great athlete. Never really excelled otherwise. He was definitely a contributer on the team, but his testing numbers didn't translate to the field. Kenzo may be the same thing. It is a tough call. Not all great athletes are great football players. I have run across it many times in my coaching days.

Look, every single kid on the team is an athlete and probably one of the top 3 best players at their respective school. EVERYONE is an athlete and not great until they prove it. Kenzo is no different. There are always highly rated and athletically gifted players that come in and they lack the mental side of things to get onto the field. It happens. Will it happen here? If I listened to many people posting in this thread...then Kenzo shouldn't even try because he's already no good at football.

Of course, people aren't even thinking of things like:

1. Is it his dream to play for the Huskers? If so, he'll have the drive to succeed like most in state talent does
  2. Does he possess intangibles? (effort, desire, determination, competitiveness, leadership, ball awareness, etc?)
  3. What is his ability to learn? Anyone know what his ACT/SAT scores were? (this is the biggest indicator of success if he has the athletic ability already)

Bottom line is...we don't know jack squat about him other than he's very fast, has good field vision, makes good open field tackles, and has good body position when he's in the air on a jump (all from his video). Those things alone tell me that he's worth the offer...but of course, people here absolutely know he should just concentrate on track and field and forget football.

Come on people...use your brain a bit and give the benefit of doubt before outright dismissal.

I'm not dismissing him. He may turn out to be a great fb player. In my experience coaching football for 20+ years you sometimes run across great athletes that arn't great football players. It has nothing to do with any of the things you mentioned. Usually these great athletes that arn't great FB players don't like contact. They don't like to tackle and block. They don't like to stick their nose into the fray for whatever reason. To be a decent FB player you have to at least tolerate the contact. Cotton may be great IDK. There is something keeping him from getting an offer rt now. He didn't make all state at any level as a Jr. that should tell you something.

devnet,I've seen him play. I don't just throw crap on this board and hopes it sticks in the recruiting forum. If you had no idea who he was and went to a Papio game, he doesn't jump off the field getting your attention. Again therewas a reason opposing coaches didn't even nominate him for All-State, which led to him not even garnering honorable mention.

Track is his first love. He has said recently he wouldn't seriously consider a college with a bad track program. Said gee would consider a crap football team if the track program is solid. Says a lot.

Now do I hope he develops into something this fall, of course. But add others have mentioned and as have I, with a small class and at this point in his ability, you pass.

Track will take him places, football as of now won't.

• Fire 5