CB Kenzo Cotton

Haspula

devnet,I've seen him play. I don't just throw crap on this board and hopes it sticks in the recruiting forum. If you had no idea who he was and went to a Papio game, he doesn't jump off the field getting your attention. Again therewas a reason opposing coaches didn't even nominate him for All-State, which led to him not even garnering honorable mention.

Track is his first love. He has said recently he wouldn't seriously consider a college with a bad track program. Said gee would consider a crap football team if the track program is solid. Says a lot.

Now do I hope he develops into something this fall, of course. But add others have mentioned and as have I, with a small class and at this point in his ability, you pass.

Track will take him places, football as of now won't.

boom! Agree!

devnet,I've seen him play. I don't just throw crap on this board and hopes it sticks in the recruiting forum. If you had no idea who he was and went to a Papio game, he doesn't jump off the field getting your attention. Again therewas a reason opposing coaches didn't even nominate him for All-State, which led to him not even garnering honorable mention.

Track is his first love. He has said recently he wouldn't seriously consider a college with a bad track program. Said gee would consider a crap football team if the track program is solid. Says a lot.

Now do I hope he develops into something this fall, of course. But add others have mentioned and as have I, with a small class and at this point in his ability, you pass.

If he's planning on staying in track in college that is another consideration. Ya maybe the kid just needs development, but will he get said development splitting his time? He is certainly an intriguing prospect but we should proceed cautiously.

If he's planning on staying in track in college that is another consideration. Ya maybe the kid just needs development, but will he get said development splitting his time? He is certainly an intriguing prospect but we should proceed cautiously.

I happen to know some people that work with his father. Lets say that Kenzo loves track. I don't disagree with anything Paul said and neither does the staff. I say that with 100% confidence. If Kenzo proves me wrong I'm fine with eating crow.

• 1 month later...

After getting offers from Wiscy and KSU he figured we should've been coming to him since he's in our back yard, he shouldn't have to come to camp. Yes he's right that it's a short distance for us. But he ignores the fact that Wiscy/KSU offers or no he's proven little on the football field and camp would provide a better assessment. Oregon thought the same and he went all the way to Eugene to camp, shows where we rank in his head, figures we should be chasing him. He said Oregon was interested but wanted to see senior film before deciding on offering.

He is an interesting prospect but have to remember that he'll be splitting time with track, less time devoted to football development and more potential for injury. I don't mind staff having a conservative attitude towards him, whether he takes offense or not.

I think everyone knows and Kenzo knows the ship has sailed with Nebraska. But I don't think he wants anyone to shed a tear for him not getting that Husker offer. As shown he has very good options laid out before him in the end. Sure imo neither KSU or Wisconsin are Nebraska but football wise they are damn good programs.

I think everyone knows and Kenzo knows the ship has sailed with Nebraska. But I don't think he wants anyone to shed a tear for him not getting that Husker offer. As shown he has very good options laid out before him in the end. Sure imo neither KSU or Wisconsin are Nebraska but football wise they are damn good programs.

Unlike Nebraska, both have been to a BCS/Rose bowl(s) game in the last 10 years and KSU was literally one game away from the National Championship game last year, so that is up for debate.

• Fire 1

Unlike Nebraska, both have been to a BCS/Rose bowl(s) game in the last 10 years and KSU was literally one game away from the National Championship game last year, so that is up for debate.

Hope youre not serious. There's a major difference between 0 championship program and a 5 championship program

Hope youre not serious. There's a major difference between 0 championship program and a 5 championship program

Kenzo Cotton was likely born in the year we won our last national championship, maybe he was 1. If he didn't grow up in Nebraska, he probably has no clue Nebraska used to be a powerhouse. Until they come on OV's, most out of state kids have no idea about the tradition. My point is, kids judge a program by the last 1-5 years, they don't care how good a team was in their birth year. And right now, Oregon is a better program than NU. We will see how things shape up with Kelley being gone, though

Kenzo Cotton was likely born in the year we won our last national championship, maybe he was 1. If he didn't grow up in Nebraska, he probably has no clue Nebraska used to be a powerhouse. Until they come on OV's, most out of state kids have no idea about the tradition. My point is, kids judge a program by the last 1-5 years, they don't care how good a team was in their birth year. And right now, Oregon is a better program than NU. We will see how things shape up with Kelley being gone, though

Don't necessarily agree. Part of recruiting is telling them about our tradition, our history, and etc. Also, you forget, that most of these kids that "love" football, have parents that love it too - who do know the history. Thats why you hear a lot of recruits saying that they didn't know much but there dad, uncle, etc talked about how they dominated people and how rich the history is.

Side note: 1 fluke BCS game for KState doesn't make them a better program. Wooooooow. I think the recruiting says enough.

Don't necessarily agree. Part of recruiting is telling them about our tradition, our history, and etc. Also, you forget, that most of these kids that "love" football, have parents that love it too - who do know the history. Thats why you hear a lot of recruits saying that they didn't know much but there dad, uncle, etc talked about how they dominated people and how rich the history is.

Side note: 1 fluke BCS game for KState doesn't make them a better program. Wooooooow. I think the recruiting says enough.

I didn't say KState was a better program for one good year. Oregon has been consistently good for the last 5 years. I'm not being a downer or saying we suck, but it's pretty hard to argue I think. And yes, that is part of recruiting, I'm talking about BEFORE that. I said that in my first post.

erm, he lives in papillion and is a legacy. :unsure: